Discussion Should There Be A Mat Store?

Pyke

Swashbuckler
I mean.... we need this, maybe?

" I personally think there should be a store to buy mats." ~ Boots/Darkness

What would be the point of hunters/warships if you could just buy materials, it also depends on what kind of currency is needed to buy the materials. Will it just be gold or something else?

What would be the point of hunters/warships if you could just buy materials, it also depends on what kind of currency is needed to buy the materials. Will it just be gold or something else?
Hunters need more of a purpose than just nats. The best sailing loot in the game should come from them instead of ship materials.

Any old ship could be carrying some steel and some lumber but only top of the line ships should be carrying admirals weapons.

Preferably gold. It's basically useless outside of upgrading ships right now. This is still in the same vein but better than nothing

Hunters need more of a purpose than just nats. The best sailing loot in the game should come from them instead of ship materials.

Any old ship could be carrying some steel and some lumber but only top of the line ships should be carrying admirals weapons.

Preferably gold. It's basically useless outside of upgrading ships right now. This is still in the same vein but better than nothing
Perhaps hunters could be an additional/new source for hard to find cannon rams & other navigation tools?? 🤔

Yeah gold is kind of useless but isn't it suppose to take players a couple of days or even a week to get all the materials in order to upgrade a ship to the fullest extent? How much gold do you think you would need to get the amount of materials for one upgrade? I feel like upgrading ships should still take some time instead of let's say buying enough materials for 100k gold to fully upgrade a ship.

Yeah gold is kind of useless but isn't it suppose to take players a couple of days or even a week to get all the materials in order to upgrade a ship to the fullest extent? How much gold do you think you would need to get the amount of materials for one upgrade? I feel like upgrading ships should still take some time instead of let's say buying enough materials for 100k gold to fully upgrade a ship.
Materials should be pretty pricey. It's super easy to earn alot of gold quickly as such there's no reason mats should be cheap at all.

No, anyone that needs mats is not a serious sailor and has not put in the time and effort to get an upgraded ship, if anything mats should be harder to get not easier. With looting people put in huge hours to get legendaries but it takes nothing like that to get a good ship and there are no sailing only legendaries.

Back