Sibelius and Gould etc.

Those are some very interesting pieces. The Funeral March seemed to be very "involving" with the audience and I do like how the conductor stopped to describe the significance of some of the parts.

Makes me want to get out my clarinet and play a bit - it's been a few weeks since I've played and I'm starting to get a bit agitated.

What can I say? I've always been a band geek.

Those are some very interesting pieces. The Funeral March seemed to be very "involving" with the audience and I do like how the conductor stopped to describe the significance of some of the parts.

Makes me want to get out my clarinet and play a bit - it's been a few weeks since I've played and I'm starting to get a bit agitated.

What can I say? I've always been a band geek.
Wait John!

You play clarinet?? I never knew that. I play Violin :D.

By the way, these pieces have been recorded in the last session of the summer for this camp. Maybe you'd be interested in going. This is not soliciting by the way. Check it out: http://nysmf.org

Wait John!

You play clarinet?? I never knew that. I play Violin :D.

By the way, these pieces have been recorded in the last session of the summer for this camp. Maybe you'd be interested in going. This is not soliciting by the way. Check it out: http://nysmf.org
Yeppers. Clarinetist for nearly eight years here.

I would love to go, but I live in Wisconsin and New York is a bit of a distance for me. During the summer I take part in the local city band performing concerts every week. We had our last concert a few weeks ago and I have not played since :\

That sounds fun! Must've been busy the whole summer I guess huh. Yea, I was in NYSMF for 4 weeks(2 sessions). Unfortunately they did not have a 3rd session this year mostly because of the college year starting earlier I believe. I would say that coming from the west coast to the east is very much a drag, although I can say that it is 100% worth it. This year, I've had many friends coming from China, Germany and Switzerland etc. Also from California as well as other states from the central/Pacific area time zone. It is very much worth the time, they do need more Clarinetists. I hope you very much consider it. They do have a wide range of activities from Jazz to Chamber Orchestra as well as Symphony, and tons and tons of guest artists as well as masterclasses. The Sibelius was Symphony Orch. and the Funeral March was Chamber.

If you do have space next summer and wish to do join, I would really look forward to seeing you there :D

Back