Signatures Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you want to make yourself a signature, then I strongly suggest photoshop.

Why? There are no limitations, and if you would mess up the size of it you can easily re-size it.

I "really" love my new signature(s). Could an administrator (or someone) please let me know if it is OK to use, & not too big? *Thank You. I appreciate it. Arrrrgh...

I "really" love my new signature(s). Could an administrator (or someone) please let me know if it is OK to use, & not too big? *Thank You. I appreciate it. Arrrrgh...
To huge, only one pic allowed. Dimensions should be 500 pixels in length and 200 pixels in height (500 x 200 pixels)or less.

Thank you, Bad :D . I will make the required adjustments. *However...

...a "problem" I often run into while adding pics here on forums is that you can adjust the size of the pic but, as soon as you save your work or post something along with it, the pic will be saved back into it's default size which defeats the whole purpose of trying to make adjustments.

Am I doing something wrong? I sure would like to follow the rules but...if a pic cannot be slimmed down to a smaller size, I am afraid I will be left with a boring signature again which remains quite limited as a result.

I think the correct way is to resize them with a program on your computer first before uploading it here on the forums. Still looks like there is a bit of extra space there on your signature. I resize my pictures using the 'paint' program on my computer before I use it as my signature. Remove your entire signature, try resizing it on any picture program on your pc, and add it again and see what happens.

The clips are the right size. (500x200) I was just explaining how to resize pics though before uploading them to the forums. ;)
Oh photos can be easily be resized using Photobucket. (with percentage, dimensions, etc.)

Reactions: Bad
Thank you for the "information." Currently, I rely upon IrfanView (is good?) to resize many of the pics I enjoy.

*I love animated gifs. Sometimes I notice when I begin altering them, they do not work correctly. Also_when I do make the necessary changes, I must save the changes to my computer & therefore "lose" the url address to insert/add the pic back into a forums signature or post.

Not sure if anyone knows but...what actions can I take to tag a url address (http...etc.) back to a pic whom's size was altered? I am not a computer expert. I am just really good at messing up things :rolleyes:. Thank Ye, mates.

Thank you for the "information." Currently, I rely upon IrfanView (is good?) to resize many of the pics I enjoy.

*I love animated gifs. Sometimes I notice when I begin altering them, they do not work correctly. Also_when I do make the necessary changes, I must save the changes to my computer & therefore "lose" the url address to insert/add the pic back into a forums signature or post.

Not sure if anyone knows but...what actions can I take to tag a url address (http...etc.) back to a pic whom's size was altered? I am not a computer expert. I am just really good at messing up things :rolleyes:. Thank Ye, mates.
Never heard of that program. But as long as it resizes the picture or gif it should be fine.

Now, after you save it to your computer it has no url anymore. So in that case you have to upload it to any image hosting website such as , Photobucket and get a new url address from there. After uploading it there, always use the Direct Link Address for a signature.

I often run into while adding pics here on forums is that you can adjust the size of the pic but, as soon as you save your work or post something along with it, the pic will be saved back into it's default size which defeats the whole purpose of trying to make adjustments.

Am I doing something wrong? I sure would like to follow the rules but...if a pic cannot be slimmed down to a smaller size, I am afraid I will be left with a boring signature again which remains quite limited as a result.

To answer that, it's not you, it just.. doesn't work, and unfortunately I have no way to turn it off so it doesn't confuse people.

My new Sig is 504x165 px. I know that it is a little tall, but is it a problem? If it is I can easly change it to 500x165 px.

My new Sig is 504x165 px. I know that it is a little tall, but is it a problem? If it is I can easly change it to 500x165 px.
504 is the length on your signature. 165 is the height of it. So your signature is fine. The main issue is the height. 200 pixels in height is the limit we give members for signatures. If it's smaller then 200 it's also fine.

Ok, since the domain name change, I cannot see my signature. There are a few other pictures that are not visable to me. I'm wondering if that is because of the domain change and how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back