Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to all!

As I lead into the main topic, I want to put something in perspective...

Pirates Online released on October 31, 2007. This year, it'll have been nine years old. How did the time fly by so quickly? Well, for one thing, I can say that time flies when you're with people you love and care about - and also when you're having fun.

On Pirates Forums, we've established a platform to effectively cater to this same dynamic. We've built a strong, passionate community of post-POTCO refugees and pirate lovers alike that are now patiently awaiting the reincarnation of the thing that brought us together - our mutual interest and link.

Coincidentally, Pirates Forums was also founded in the month of October, complementing that of Pirates Online's release. Today, October 12, happens to be the forum's 6th anniversary. As a community, we've been through a lot of difficulties that have tested our strength and dedication. We've also stuck together for the better part of a decade already - hard to believe, right?

I feel old.

Anyway, I'd like to take a moment to celebrate this awesome milestone. My heartfelt thanks goes out to our entire moderation team, support staff, TLOPO staff, and - let's not forget the man behind it all - @Davy Darkrage. Without all of you, Pirates Forums would not be the thriving, flourishing, and welcoming place it is today.

My thanks also should not neglect all of our wonderful community members. Our membership has skyrocketed in the past few months - our numbers are growing now more than they ever have before. I'm so excited to see all of you so willing to join us on our journey into TLOPO's Beta phase - there's a lot of hope for the future and it certainly is looking promising.

Now, the staff and I want to give you all a chance to walk down memory lane. It doesn't matter if you've been here 5 years, 5 months, or 5 minutes - we want to hear your voice! How did you come across Pirates Forums? What drew you in to the community? How has Pirates Forums impacted your life? Share your stories below! In exchange for replying, you'll be awarded a medal that will serve to commemorate the forum's 6th anniversary:
72503-c5f3226afdc1be4531f8ee8eec184cd1.jpg

(kudos to @Irene!)
You have from now until October 19, 2016 at 12:00AM EDT to post your response. After this time, this thread will be locked and no additional medals will be awarded.

Thanks to everyone for being a part of it all. You rock! Our community is awesome.

JFR

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only been part of the community for about a month now but it's so cool to think about how long this has been going on. After POTCO closed, all I could wish for was for the game to come back. A while later, I found out about TLOPO and decided to join the community and be part of the excitement for beta. Everyone here is amazing and I'm so glad to have joined.

I've made so many great friends after joining PF and TLOPO, before joining I always just did my own thing and only had a few close friends. But I can see, this community has grown quick and we always help eachother. Say for the hurricane matthew, the team and all of you were so active to make sure whoever is getting hit by it is ok. But this is exactly why I decided to stay once I come around here, not many community's I've been in have been great as this. I never plan on leaving even if my own project kicks up, its been such a great year with all of ye.

Congratulations to PF Staff for reaching this astonishing milestone. This site has gone through a lot of ups and downs but it's never fallen apart and it never will because it's held together by an amazing community! I decided to make my PF account in February 2016 to lurk- I mean to keep in touch with some of my old friends :D I came across it in the TLOPO IRC. I look forwards to making more amazing memories with all you lovely people.

Once again, congrats!
:freakinbday:

I came across the pirate forums while I was binge watching Johnydapirates stuff. I love the community because it is unlike any other community in gaming. I could play something like CSGO and forget someone's name in a week, but I could go to the pirate forums and remember someone from a LONG time ago. I try to regularly visit the Pirate forums between classes and stuff like that because I love this community, and I hope it stays similar to this! :D

I joined the day after it was made i was in the guild spania along with davy at the momment i remember we join piratesonlineforums before this forums was made i was 18 around that time i am glade i joined piratesforums not sure what i would be doing if it was never made i'm glade the forums are still here evan after POTCO closed here is to many more years and happy 6 years and thank you @Davy Darkrage once again

When I think about it, I actually ended up here because I thought it was the Dark Archive forums on accident (I was like 12 at the time okay) and as a result I signed up. After a minutes of browsing, I came to the conclusion that this was the Dark Archive forums :p I then went in search of the actual Dark Archive forums on google, and to be honest never really came back here :p After the closure of POTCO, I came to realize how much the game meant to me. I guess the old saying "you don't know what you have until its gone" is actually true :p Due to POTCO withdrawal, I stumbled upon these forums again and managed to remember my account info. Ever since then, I have been lurking here throughout the years. During that period, I've come to realize how nice and welcoming the community was and as a result, I made the decision to try to get involved and maybe make some new friends and I don't regret it one bit ;)

Been here for a very short period of time, mostly been lurking. I heard there was going to be a remake of Pirates Online and I found the Legends of Pirate online website. Visited that a few times a day, then I eventually migrated to the forums. I lurked a while, then finally created a thread introducing myself. I keep to myself a lot, so I'll most likely just lurk the rest of my days here, occasionally responding to threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back