Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to all!

As I lead into the main topic, I want to put something in perspective...

Pirates Online released on October 31, 2007. This year, it'll have been nine years old. How did the time fly by so quickly? Well, for one thing, I can say that time flies when you're with people you love and care about - and also when you're having fun.

On Pirates Forums, we've established a platform to effectively cater to this same dynamic. We've built a strong, passionate community of post-POTCO refugees and pirate lovers alike that are now patiently awaiting the reincarnation of the thing that brought us together - our mutual interest and link.

Coincidentally, Pirates Forums was also founded in the month of October, complementing that of Pirates Online's release. Today, October 12, happens to be the forum's 6th anniversary. As a community, we've been through a lot of difficulties that have tested our strength and dedication. We've also stuck together for the better part of a decade already - hard to believe, right?

I feel old.

Anyway, I'd like to take a moment to celebrate this awesome milestone. My heartfelt thanks goes out to our entire moderation team, support staff, TLOPO staff, and - let's not forget the man behind it all - @Davy Darkrage. Without all of you, Pirates Forums would not be the thriving, flourishing, and welcoming place it is today.

My thanks also should not neglect all of our wonderful community members. Our membership has skyrocketed in the past few months - our numbers are growing now more than they ever have before. I'm so excited to see all of you so willing to join us on our journey into TLOPO's Beta phase - there's a lot of hope for the future and it certainly is looking promising.

Now, the staff and I want to give you all a chance to walk down memory lane. It doesn't matter if you've been here 5 years, 5 months, or 5 minutes - we want to hear your voice! How did you come across Pirates Forums? What drew you in to the community? How has Pirates Forums impacted your life? Share your stories below! In exchange for replying, you'll be awarded a medal that will serve to commemorate the forum's 6th anniversary:
72503-c5f3226afdc1be4531f8ee8eec184cd1.jpg

(kudos to @Irene!)
You have from now until October 19, 2016 at 12:00AM EDT to post your response. After this time, this thread will be locked and no additional medals will be awarded.

Thanks to everyone for being a part of it all. You rock! Our community is awesome.

JFR
I came across pirates forums when I heard it from my guild.

It warms my heart to see so many thoughtful and engaging responses. Thanks to all for your contributions - it really means a lot... not just to me, but to each and every member of the community. We all have different courses that we've taken in life, but ultimately - one way or another - some force drew us all together into one place; this place.

I'm excited to see all of you here - and even more excited to be going along with you for the ride into the Beta phase of TLOPO. Pirates Forums will be an integral part of Beta. It's always been an integral part of the POTCO community, so why shouldn't it be equally as influential now?

Happy 6th anniversary to the forums. May we have many more great celebrations to come.

On that note, this thread is now closed. No more medals for this event will be awarded. Thanks to all who participated - you rock!

Cheers,

JFR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back