Announcement Six Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to all!

As I lead into the main topic, I want to put something in perspective...

Pirates Online released on October 31, 2007. This year, it'll have been nine years old. How did the time fly by so quickly? Well, for one thing, I can say that time flies when you're with people you love and care about - and also when you're having fun.

On Pirates Forums, we've established a platform to effectively cater to this same dynamic. We've built a strong, passionate community of post-POTCO refugees and pirate lovers alike that are now patiently awaiting the reincarnation of the thing that brought us together - our mutual interest and link.

Coincidentally, Pirates Forums was also founded in the month of October, complementing that of Pirates Online's release. Today, October 12, happens to be the forum's 6th anniversary. As a community, we've been through a lot of difficulties that have tested our strength and dedication. We've also stuck together for the better part of a decade already - hard to believe, right?

I feel old.

Anyway, I'd like to take a moment to celebrate this awesome milestone. My heartfelt thanks goes out to our entire moderation team, support staff, TLOPO staff, and - let's not forget the man behind it all - @Davy Darkrage. Without all of you, Pirates Forums would not be the thriving, flourishing, and welcoming place it is today.

My thanks also should not neglect all of our wonderful community members. Our membership has skyrocketed in the past few months - our numbers are growing now more than they ever have before. I'm so excited to see all of you so willing to join us on our journey into TLOPO's Beta phase - there's a lot of hope for the future and it certainly is looking promising.

Now, the staff and I want to give you all a chance to walk down memory lane. It doesn't matter if you've been here 5 years, 5 months, or 5 minutes - we want to hear your voice! How did you come across Pirates Forums? What drew you in to the community? How has Pirates Forums impacted your life? Share your stories below! In exchange for replying, you'll be awarded a medal that will serve to commemorate the forum's 6th anniversary:
72503-c5f3226afdc1be4531f8ee8eec184cd1.jpg

(kudos to @Irene!)
You have from now until October 19, 2016 at 12:00AM EDT to post your response. After this time, this thread will be locked and no additional medals will be awarded.

Thanks to everyone for being a part of it all. You rock! Our community is awesome.

JFR
:woot:Congrats on 6 Yrs, I was concerned that this would never make a come back but I'm glad it did did. Keep up the good work.

Hello all! What drew me to this community was simple, I'm a pirate at heart. And pirates, wether we like it or not, we are drawn together. It runs in our veins. Pirates Online was a place of happiness for me growing up, and I cannot express my excitement enough for the future of this game, this community, and us Pirates! See you on the seas, matey's!

I started awhile back, and loved the game. I was very close to the level cap of 40 when it was 40. Then when after a break of playing I tried to play again, but I realized it had been shut down. I was disappointed. Although I am very happy you guys are bringing back this game. Thanks and good luck!

:congrats: PF for staying strong for so long. I became aware of PF while I was still in the game before it closed. Then I heard about Rewritten and have been following its progress ever since. I have always loved this game and became a member of the forums on Mar 1st I think. To my surprise, but not really, I was greeted by the forum admins and some of my Guild mates whom have become what I consider family. Spent a lot of time together and hope to again. It's party time!! :party:

I never set up an account on the forums when the game was ran by Disney .. I guess I was too busy playing the game to realize. Last year, I wanted to reminisce on my favorite game so I googled it and .. to my surprise .. it was getting a reprieve by you guys!!! Of course, I had to join and now I'm starting to put some old pics from before the end date... so .. check them out .. you might find your pirate in there! ViVa TLOPO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back