Skill boosts past rank 5

Kadoozy

Buccaneer
Is there any effect when you already have a skill/passive at rank 5 and also have a boost of say +2? Would that bring the skill's level to 7 or are skills capped at 5?

The only cap are the amount of points you can invest. If an item comes out that gives a 10 point boost to Treasure Sense (don't count it, this is only for sake of example), you'd see 15 points in Treasure sense if you had full investment, that is assuming sailing items get functional, speaking of which, have they tried making sailing items active at all times?

Treasure Sense doesn't work because no sailing item works right now. The skill itself, and having higher-than-5 skill points as a mechanic does work. It's just there's currently no items that boost Treasure Sense that aren't broken.

No Weapon Attributes are working still as of yet ! They'll show in a different color when weapon attributes are beyond 5 .

No Weapon Attributes are working still as of yet ! They'll show in a different color when weapon attributes are beyond 5 .

You mean even the passives for weapons don't work? Like the increase health passive from sword? I didn't know that guess I didn't bother to check when putting points into it

So all weapon boosts are currently ineffective ?

Weapon boosts must be working because yesterday I re did my skill points on sword...I put 1 point in a particular skill and it jumped from 0 to 3. I checked my equipped sword and realised it has a 2 point boost in that skill. The same with the other skill that my sword had a boost for :)

Back