Skill Distribution For Retrain Sailing N Cannon

Adhy Roman

Site Founder
I loved to share how I spend skill point for svs or sailing

For plundering with fast, when u at helm, this skill is need :
Sailing = Broadside 5 on one side or both, 5 taskmaster. would be great put steel cannon ram or master gunner cannon ram.
Cannon= full roundshot + full barrage
Grenades = just need toughness skill full ( make ur defence stronger )

Cannon skill which SvS cannoner always had :
Shoot, Thunderbolt, Fury, Rapid reload, and Barrage all full ( 5 )

if u like chasing runner ship in SvS,. :
broadside = 1 each
Full sail = 5
turn = 1
open fire = 1
ram = 5
take cover =5
windcatcher = 5
tacking = 3
Treasure sense = none, u didnt need it in svs
taskmaster = 4

Happy SvS

for cannon defense,. shoot, round, rapid reload, barrage, is basic skill.. if u can add some sharpnel is more good.. for cannon, ur notoriety level affect ur damage. for example for fury damage,. when ur notoriety 50, and u only had lvl 20 cannon, u will do max damage (2100 damage) if u put full in fury.

for cannon defense,. shoot, round, rapid reload, barrage, is basic skill.. if u can add some sharpnel is more good.. for cannon, ur notoriety level affect ur damage. for example for fury damage,. when ur notoriety 50, and u only had lvl 20 cannon, u will do max damage (2100 damage) if u put full in fury.

Igor say aye mates Igor uses this set up for CD and rams that effect them! Igor like to still use a gunners ram for extra rapid reload durning CD.

Igor say nice thread Adhy, Igor think we need to get a lot of landlubers bad in the Sea. :cool:

Nice. Thanks for sharing that. I would like to know what skill points to use on other weapons as well. lol

I still have 11 skill points to use on my staff and it is mastered. I just never know where to put them so I leave them :confused:

following previous thread,. my skill distribution for weapon is here, share how u distribution skill here too.​
Sword :
  • Slash, Cleave,Flourish, Thrust, Bladestrom, Endurance : 5
Pistol :
  • Shoot, Take Aim, Silver, Steel, Sharp Shooter, Eagle Eyes : 5
Doll : I dont like doll.. LOL.. only healer skill
  • Attune, heal, cure, life drain, focus and spirit wand all 5

Dagger :
  • Cut, Swipe,. gouge, Evisceprate, Viper nest and Blade insting :5
Grenade ( based on SvS captain needed :
  • Throw, Siege, Determination, demolition, toughness, ignore pain : 5
  • Long Volley : 1
Staff :
  • Wither, Flamming Skull, Concentration, Spirit lore, Conservation, and Spirit mastery : 5

i find it batter to max hack cleave flourish and thrust in the combo and leave slash out sense hack will slow the enemy then max sweep and bladestorm for some very powerful combos

Thanks for the post! Very useful as I am always playing around with my ship points between svs and other activities trying to find the perfect combination of point! Thanks again.

Give SvS(ship pvp) a try, real fun. -PLAY FAIR, Have Fun and don't port big bounty as it takes fun away from others
*I recommend for sailing in SvS to use a war sloop and/or war frigate.(for new players to SvS)
For war frigate: (alone or with crew)
1.Broadside Left and Right--3 to 5 skill points on each -also 5 skill points on round shot in cannon for broadside power

2.Full sail-- 1 skill point -Hard to run with war frigate therefore don't need full sail much and running isn't fun

3.come about and ramming speed-- 1 skill point on each (war frigates do damage when ramming enemy ship)

4.Open fire -- 3 skill points

5.take cover-- 5 skill points

6. Windcatcher and task master-- 5 skill points on each

7. tacking-- 3 skill points (need it for better turning)

*good for close combat*
MASTER YOUR SAILING

SAIL WITH A CREW------------------------------------------------------------------
For war sloop: (based on sailing with a crew)-master your sailing
1. broadsides-- 1 to 3 skill points on each -also 5 skill points on round shot in cannon to increase broadside power

2. Full sail-- 3 to 5 skill points (sloops are fast)

3. come about -- 1 skill point

4. open fire-- 1 to 3 skill points

5. ramming speed--1 to 3 skill points

6. take cover-- 5 skill points

7. windcatcher and taskmaster-- 4 or 5 skill points EACH

8. tacking-- 1 to 3 skill points (need it for good turning)

*good for close and distant range combat with a crew*

Gunning: (Cannon)
1.Shoot-- 5 skill points (shoot faster)

2.Fire, Thunder, and Fury -- 5 skill points each (5 skill points on round shot instead of fire if you are a sailor)

3.Rapid reload -- 5 skill points (shoot faster)

4.Barrage-- 5 skill points (more damage)

*only fire, thunder and fury are good for SvS*
MASTER YOUR GUNNING/CANNON

Please share the sailing/gunning skill setup and your opinion

My post above is a little more advanced for new players svs as it's more specific for the 2 main ships in svs-war sloop and war frigate- and has a range of points to use on some skills. As you get better in SvS, you will be able to find what works best for you.

I've seen a few new players in svs and another tip i would like to mention is that Don't give up just because you sunk because as a inexperienced svser you are learning and its part of the svs to sink. I been in svs for a long time now and i still get sunk

Lots of useful information, thank you for sharing. I can't wait to try it.

I kind of hate having to retrain when I switch between plundering with crew and SVS. No matter what I do though I still get sunk a lot in SVS.

Reactions: LEO
Back