Skills that affect sailing.

Spyaleatoire

Sea Legs
Hey all. So I'm curious - and I can't seem to find one solid location that lists everything out.
So, I figure getting everything in one area is for the best - what skills affect sailing and damage output, and in what ways?

e.g., upping your cannon shot types increases the broadside damage. But, what other skills affect it, and in what ways? For example, with decreasing the reload speed of cannons, does that in any way help with broadsides, or is it really just the cannon shot skills?

Thanks all

Aye, hence the post - I was hoping to get an overall collection of the skills that affect broadsides in one spot, as cannons and shot skills have an affect, but I have no idea if only the damage skills work, or if some other skills have an affect - like, say, the reload speed skill for cannons working on the reload speed of broadsides - I simply had no good way to test that, and I'm sure someone has, so I was hoping to have someone post findings to save some time. I will probably go and do a quick check eventually here if no one knows

Grenade you can upgrade damage of explosions and such affecting cannons
Cannon you can upgrade your ammo type your ship fires upgrading damage
Cannon you can upgrade your damage increase/shrapnel
Sailing Broadsides

Grenade you can upgrade damage of explosions and such affecting cannons
Nooo do not do this for cannons. This skill only increases the radius of the damage, which is useless nowadays because this was implemented for the age-old days where you could kill the enemy crew with your cannons. Shrapnel (the grenade skill) is effectively useless for cannon/broadside.

For the most part the only relevant skills are in sailing and cannon. The biggest baddest upgrade to broadsides you could have is both the relevant cannon ammo types maxed for special broadsides, the broadside skills in Sailing maxed, Taskmaster skill in sailing maxed, and Barrage skill in Cannon maxed, and good timing for Open Fire (doesn't need to be maxed for full broadside effect).

I've got a comprehensive guide of all the cannon skills and how they effect both deck gun and broadsides here. All that remains is the sailing skills. Maxing the left/right broadsides gives you an additional 20% damage, while maxing taskmaster gives you 15% faster reload on both sides (and therefore 15% more damage, if you utilize your broadsides properly and efficiently). Activing Open Fire before your cannonballs hit (not before shooting, but before they make contact) is the best way to utilize the extra damage, and this way you can use Open Fire for the entire volley. This adds another 50% damage. No other skills influence broadside damage. Sea items don't work currently, and shrapnel is useless for cannonballs.

Back