Skull & Bones or Copperhead?

Jack Fireagle

Wanted Pirate
I have Armor III upgrade on my War Frigate, I can't decide how to upgrade my ship

Copperhead

Pros
Explosive very powerful if max copperhead & rank 5 explosive or with Iron Primer ram
More armor

Cons
Looks 'ugly' (in my opinion anyway)
Slow
Low chance for explosive broadsides even with max copperhead

Skull & Bones

Pros
Looks 'cool' (in my opinion)
High chance of fury, good with ram like haunted or rev
More speed than copperhead
Better turning

Cons
Lower armor than copperhead
Fury not as strong as explosive

discuss

I think Copperhead is better,
like a week ago, i was like you, I had Armor III in my War Frigate i couldn' decide, finally decided for Copper, and now I love it :D

Copperheads are sweet, i still really like skull and bones though

Copperheads for the win! They have high armors, strong broadsides, and really are only 10% slower than the regular speed for a ship. The only thing is about copperheads are that the broadsides are more luck. Its not always guaranteed that you will get many explosives in a broadside, or even 1 explosive in a broadside; but when you do, the broadsides are quite deadly. Skull and Bones has a strong 50% chance for fury in the broadsides but really fury isnt that strong. Copperheads have a 15% explosive ratio but just 1 explosive can pretty much take out half of any NPC ship's hull (except for hunters and warships). If you have a rank 8 round shot (by using the Steel Cannon Ram) or even a rank 7 round shot (which is possible with multiple other cannon rams), just 1 explosive, and the rest round shot can pretty much sink any NPC. Also in SvS, copperheads work out much better.

Back