Skull & Bones Vs Copperhead

poolah

Swashbuckler
So, currently looking at going to Lvl4 reinforced hull on my war frigate. Thus far I have been contemplating either Skull & Bones or Copperhead. The more specific question I have is do people notice the 10% decrease in speed in a copperhead? From asking around online and sailing with others, it seems people feel war frigates can lack slightly in speed and lack in turning if skill points are not spent correctly. So, would going copperhead put you at a slight disadvantage in maneuverability or is it hardly noticeable? Thanks in advance for the responses.

I don't own a copperhead myself, partly because it turns hard and feels slow, but also because I like Skull & Bones better aesthetically, but I have driven friends' before. To answer your question, yes, it does feel quite noticeable. That being said, it is much more powerful than Skull & Bones damage wise and has a bit more armor, so if it is something you can handle it is likely worth it.

Yes, it is definitely noticeable, and it does affect things especially on mat runs. Put a few points in wind catcher and that'll take care of it. I put 5 points into mine and as a result my copper is actually about 10% faster than stock!

Yes, Copperheads are slow and ponderous, noticeably so. That said, they are also hardy and have the most powerful broadsides in the game. It's a trade off between health and power vs agility, you decide. Looks are another issue, just a matter of personal preference.

Does the copperhead explosive broadside have the same limited range as the cannon explosive?

I'm also facing this dilemma. I do a lot of mat runs so I'm conflicted between which one is better for mat runs.

I'm also facing this dilemma. I do a lot of mat runs so I'm conflicted between which one is better for mat runs.

Copper, but I'd really recommend putting at least 2 0r 3 points into wind catcher, this will make a big difference for your mat runs especially if you don't do the circle.

Skull and bones broadsides are so much weaker than copper, and even storm chaser, that I just can't recommend it.

Copper, but I'd really recommend putting at least 2 0r 3 points into wind catcher, this will make a big difference for your mat runs especially if you don't do the circle.

Skull and bones broadsides are so much weaker than copper, and even storm chaser, that I just can't recommend it.

Thanks man. I'll consider that.

Back