Idea Small Overhaul!!!

Discussion in 'TLOPO Suggestions and Ideas' started by El Matador del Mar, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Overhaul?

1. Aye, Aye Capn!

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Nay!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Keep it origina;!

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. El Matador del Mar

I was looking on the internet for some unreleased PotCO content, like Dual Cutlasses and Fist Fighting....and I found this:
    http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_Online_Artifacts

There are some cool features that have not been released and they look very cool.

For instance:
    A new font and a better Fancy Loadingscreen:
    [​IMG]

This looks really cool right?

I think our devs can make this.....

but that's not all...
    look at these Menu's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or a new chat system for NPC's!

[​IMG]

or maybe a new GUI for the inventory!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or an advanced ship customisation:
    [​IMG]
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/piratesonline/images/a/as heck/Illustrations_potc_skull_large.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/670?cb=20140623214905
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So..... Do ye like the idea @TLoPO Crew?

I would say: TRY!

2. Irene

Digital Artist

Those stuff is great, Id love to see better quality graphics and visual design in the game. Some of these designs shown here could be improved on, but thank you for the good find! Should be taken into consideration

3. El Matador del Mar

Thank you!

I and probably the whole PotCO Community really appreciate that!:cheers:

4. ArabellaDrummond

ArabellaDrummond Forum Moderator
    Forum Mod

5. ElizaCreststeel

Wiki Staff

The NPC chat system is what's being used on Raven's Cove and Hollowed Woods for quests now.

6. El Matador del Mar

Indeed!!! I did not play the quests yet, because my lvl 23 pirate was gone for some reason, but I saw some YouTube videos and it looked great, I hope they do more of it!

7. Eric Sailcutter

Eric Sailcutter Pirate Lord

Of course I'm in favor of more ship customizations. The other stuff is less attractive to me but I'm in favor of improvements as long as they maintain the basic look and feel of the original game.

8. Deckshot

Deckshot Honorable Pirate

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff like this on the Concept Art page on the Wiki too. Even more cool stuff was planned for the cancelled videogame POTC: Armada of the Da**ed. It's a shame Kings' video was taken down. If you got to see it in time there were scripted events, visual effects, and ships not seen in POTCO. The developers of both of these games poured their hearts into their work. Both times, the developers' overlords screwed them over. Armada was canceled in its later stages to make way for a Tron videogame which ended up tanking.

I will say though, some of this content was not added into the game, or was once in the game but later replaced, because something came along that was better.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  9. Richard Greasevane

Richard Greasevane Honorable Pirate

The menu and UI changes look like something out of a cheap 90's rpg lol. There's a reason they scrapped them imo.

10. El Matador del Mar

There is always room for improvement..... and I understand your opinion, maybe the Team will improve it

Richard Greasevane likes this.
  11. Owens

Owens Dockworker

What ship is used to show off the advanced customization in the last couple of pictures, it looks like a brig (maybe looks different because of new decor), but then again it looks like a whole new ship. screenshot-Tue-Jun-28-22-13-27-2011-1178.jpg screenshot-Tue-Jun-28-22-13-16-2011-529.jpg

12. RottenBeard

RottenBeard Honorable Pirate

Excellent work finding all this stuff! I love looking at cut content from video games. Especially stuff like this. It would be interesting to see this implemented. If you can find anymore, please share!

Reminds me of the Carrack, but I dont think thats it.

13. ElizaCreststeel

Wiki Staff

That's the Pearl's bowsprit. And the Pearl has 3 lanterns on her aft. Remember they were going to do more chapters so maybe there were more cinematics the pearl would have been featured in

14. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Irene, bit OT, there was a recent discussion about game graphics and that tlopo uses a version of Panda. What was shown was examples of Panda, Panda in default and Panda in some higher level render mode which looked great. From the looks of the examples, in my opinion, tlopo is running Panda in default mode only at this time.

Is my theory correct? IDK. Can the dev's actually implement the newer type render api? Don't know that either. But if you can find the thread where Mr. Wass posted pics of a car and landscape, that is the one to investigate. I went to the websites themselves which had those videos and it seemed very obvious to me. You can compare them side by side.
    GL