Sneak Peak - Scoundrel of the Sea

This is not the Fan Site Channel. This is the offical Disney Pirates Online Channel. I'm positive that they have some servers dedicated to their own testing by their staff. Us testers don't do it all. They see if its what they want then they give it to the mass of testers to find anything they have missed. The developers no doubt recorded this by playing on their own private test servers. Which they have...

Look: I copied and pasted this for that website: Welcome to the Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums.
I'm also a member there, and that statement is on their homepage. It's also what the automatic name it gives when you list it on your favorites (your own internet). I just made a point that I did NOT make that up. ;)

Whatever you call it, I agree with you on your next point; if they are insider developers/testers, they might want to seek public opinion on the new development.

Look: I copied and pasted this for that website: Welcome to the Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums.
I'm also a member there, and that statement is on their homepage. It's also what the automatic name it gives when you list it on your favorites (your own internet). I just made a point that I did NOT make that up. ;)

Whatever you call it, I agree with you on your next point; if they are insider developers/testers, they might want to seek public opinion on the new development.

I'm talking about the Video. Its from Disney. The Channel has all copyrights and is Disney's Pirates Online Offical Youtube Channel. I don't know what your talking about with fansites and forums...

As in a NPC ship? Or player. Sorry forgot what AI stands for. I wonder if we will ever plunder again. So does it chase you if you get close to it? Do you buy these ships to use them? Or you build and put what you want on it? So many questions.... Deep suspense.

As in a NPC ship? Or player. Sorry forgot what AI stands for. I wonder if we will ever plunder again. So does it chase you if you get close to it? Do you buy these ships to use them? Or you build and put what you want on it? So many questions.... Deep suspense.

AI = Artifcial Intelligence

Of course we'll still be able to plunder. I guess by the look of this video, if you keep sinking ships, that'll come after you.
The video doesn't show anything about Ship Customization, the ship you see is kind of like QAR, or the Fleets.

I'm talking about the Video. Its from Disney. The Channel has all copyrights and is Disney's Pirates Online Offical Youtube Channel. I don't know what your talking about with fansites and forums...

OK, you were correct, I just checked. I thought the other fan site was the one preparing the video, but they were not. Sorry about that. Moving on.

My question is; did whoever created that video record it from TEST server? Or a 'leak' from the Potco game designers/insiders? How come that none of our fellow pirate testers said anything about it and suddenly there was a video done already? Hmmm ...

because disney has their own server they made this video

My question is; did whoever created that video record it from TEST server? Or a 'leak' from the Potco game designers/insiders? How come that none of our fellow pirate testers said anything about it and suddenly there was a video done already? Hmmm ...

You thought we were hiding something? lol
The designers have their own Server most likely

You thought we were hiding something? lol
The designers have their own Server most likely

Nah, it's not like that ... you probably ... ;) ... Jk ... There are so many testers out there, it wasn't possible that all of you would've made a conspiracy to hide something like that (somebody would 'talk' ...). I was just thinking, the order should be the opposite. You - testers - should know first, before the general public. Then after you all test a new development like that, then Disney Potco should release the official announcement. But I guess it has always been in this order; Disney Potco would announce it first to general public, then you all would test it next, and then it would be released to general public. Idk why.

Nah, it's not like that ... you probably ... ;) ... Jk ... There are so many testers out there, it wasn't possible that all of you would've made a conspiracy to hide something like that (somebody would 'talk' ...). I was just thinking, the order should be the opposite. You - testers - should know first, before the general public. Then after you all test a new development like that, then Disney Potco should release the official announcement. But I guess it has always been in this order; Disney Potco would announce it first to general public, then you all would test it next, and then it would be released to general public. Idk why.

Not always. Sometimes us testers get things before you even know about it. Lately they have been releasing just bug fixes and when they do release a new update they post it on the main page first. It was not always like that :D

Not always. Sometimes us testers get things before you even know about it. Lately they have been releasing just bug fixes and when they do release a new update they post it on the main page first. It was not always like that :D

Whatever you say, Tom ... :p Happy? I said, moving on. Unless you just don't care to see my last statement, it's up to you then. :rolleyes:

I said, logically, I'd like them to release whatever according to 'my' order, which would make sense. But they don't. So it's not like I'm gonna 'fight' with them to do whatever I want. It would be like 'never say no to Panda ...' then. No, I'm not in dire need to have that.

The only thing that caught my attention was the flag. The rather customized Jolly Roger flag; from just skeleton head, then cross bones were added and finally a pirate hat was added. And the icon was added on the top left corner of the computer screen; where notoriety level is currently located. Does it mean that we could design our own flag? Maybe if we could beat the Hunter/AI ship? Kind of like Infamy badge, for being the Scoundrel of the Seas. Just wondering.

Whatever you say, Tom ... :p Happy? I said, moving on. Unless you just don't care to see my last statement, it's up to you then. :rolleyes:

I said, logically, I'd like them to release whatever according to 'my' order, which would make sense. But they don't. So it's not like I'm gonna 'fight' with them to do whatever I want. It would be like 'never say no to Panda ...' then. No, I'm not in dire need to have that.

They probably just gave up just telling the testers cause I mean forums like these have many testers signed up and they would be more than likely posting about the updates on the forums..

I doubt it's a Player ship even though it has a pirate name ship and other stuff like that. It's broadsides were Explosives and it is supposed to be a pirate Bounty hunter ship so it has to look somewhat like our ships. (Also it has a level there as well)

This does not have to do anything with SvS. Its A bounty Hunter Ship and by Definition that is "One who pursues a criminal or seeks an achievement for the sake of the reward." We pirates are the criminals and that ship is like an assassin boss except it's on the sea. We of course don't see them get the reward but they will probably attack random pirate ships. From what I've understood in that video, it seems that its just another NPC ship in regular Sailing. Seems like nothing on ship customization:(

Yes, like what Leo said - it's an NPC that will come and try to attack your ship when you are sailing. Seems that will also affect ship ranking....

Back