so yeah

94a4786820f2ceeeb0adacd9ec68d0ed.png

It might have been changed by now but I distinctly remember that there were some ships that could one-shot or two-shot a player's ship. Think it might have been the Kingfisher, Dreadnought or Collossus.

I hadn't shot anyone tho. If you look at the pic I didn't have the skull.
In that case, I have no idea. Sailing has always been prone to quirky bugs, but it's rare that someone will sink out of nowhere. Could it have been an undead ship? They attack regardless of your Scoundrel of the Seas rating.

I was on a ship one night and that happened to us. We all landed in jail but we didn't lose our health and we got our loot. The only bad part was the captain has to pay to fix his ship. It gave us all a good laugh because we had never seen anything like it before.

There are three ships that have explosive broadsides: Corsairs, Juggernauts, and SOTL. If you get one shot it was because you failed to pay attention to one of those. The Corsairs are particularly tricky as they look innocent and sometimes can even hide within another ship. You don't need to attack them to aggro them all you need to do is pass by. Always keep in mind that explosives have very limited range and adjust your position accordingly.

I was on a ship one night and that happened to us. We all landed in jail but we didn't lose our health and we got our loot. The only bad part was the captain has to pay to fix his ship. It gave us all a good laugh because we had never seen anything like it before.
Since the sailing update you no longer can recover loot when you sink unless there's another technique that I'm unaware of.

We didn't do the glitch to recover loot. When we landed in jail the screen came up showing our loot and we had full health, we never lost part of our health. There were no ships around when we sank. Our experience was like nothing we had ever seen before. And I have not seen it happen again. Like I said the only negative was the captain of the ship had to pay for his ship to be fixed after sinking for some unknown reason. It is one of those times you wish you had it on video lol

We didn't do the glitch to recover loot. When we landed in jail the screen came up showing our loot and we had full health, we never lost part of our health. There were no ships around when we sank. Our experience was like nothing we had ever seen before. And I have not seen it happen again. Like I said the only negative was the captain of the ship had to pay for his ship to be fixed after sinking for some unknown reason. It is one of those times you wish you had it on video lol
Wow, nothing sank you but you sank nonetheless, I sail quite a bit and have never seen that. That's the most unusual bug I've heard of yet, hope you reported it. I have seen and experienced 100% health after sinking a few times which would be a significant percentage of the times that I've sunk, it's a pretty common bug. Sinking for no reason and getting loot in jail is crazy, did you get a screen shot? Were you porting when it happened?

Screenshot (17).png
I just had it happen two times in a row off padre. I sunk a Colossass and then I started looking around for another ship and I was still moving and boom I was sunk. Nothing around me. I reported it. Hopefully this screen shot will show you. I just got on the sea. Didn't shoot at anything or do anything yet. As soon as I got on my ship, boom I am sunk. Off of padre on Andaba...didn't even have time to get to my wheel to steer. Closest ship is an EITC Barracuda and they don't sink you as soon as you board your ship.

Last edited:
Earlier today I was sunk twice by a player that had someone managed to obtain the ability to sink other players' ships. I didn't notice it the first time because I sank instantly, but the 2nd time a lot of the broadside hit my sails and I was left in the red for health and no sails left. The player ship was invisible in both instances for me, I wonder if maybe that is what happened to you?

There's a hacker that can sink people's ships. Happened to me about a month ago. I've heard others talking about it today as well so the person must be back.

View attachment 103029 I just had it happen two times in a row off padre. I sunk a Colossass and then I started looking around for another ship and I was still moving and boom I was sunk. Nothing around me. I reported it. Hopefully this screen shot will show you. I just got on the sea. Didn't shoot at anything or do anything yet. As soon as I got on my ship, boom I am sunk. Off of padre on Andaba...didn't even have time to get to my wheel to steer. Closest ship is an EITC Barracuda and they don't sink you as soon as you board your ship.

Weird. Well, good to know i'm not the only person. Sucks man.

Back