so yeah

There's a hacker that can sink people's ships. Happened to me about a month ago. I've heard others talking about it today as well so the person must be back.
Earlier today I was sunk twice by a player that had someone managed to obtain the ability to sink other players' ships. I didn't notice it the first time because I sank instantly, but the 2nd time a lot of the broadside hit my sails and I was left in the red for health and no sails left. The player ship was invisible in both instances for me, I wonder if maybe that is what happened to you?

If the ship was invisible sounds like it could be a little over speculated. I think it's just a bug, but at the same time I have seen NPC's battling ships that I couldn't see and sinking.... Weird, hopefully they catch on with it.

Worse Issue is If you don't load fast enough to your ship you may be sunk by a ship before you load , I've been hit way too much running to the helm to grab the wheel before a Behemouth or Corsair would sink me , Too many ships based at the Islands are bad news !!

Whether it is a hacker or invisible bug this needs to be fixed. Wish the in game report worked like it should so they could see what was happening.

If the ship was invisible sounds like it could be a little over speculated. I think it's just a bug, but at the same time I have seen NPC's battling ships that I couldn't see and sinking.... Weird, hopefully they catch on with it.

The ship wasn't invisible when it happened to me. Myself and another ship had just barely launched and were headed in one direction, and the other ship appeared in the distance, then turned and headed towards us. The ship in front of me sunk, and a couple seconds later I sank too. There were no enemy ships nearby.

i'm almost 900% sure that person who was PVP Hacking at tortuga also was pvp hacking on ships and was using extremely strong overpowered very long range cannon balls like bullet shot from cannon defense but on a ship. my ship also got sunk by it back then and the ship name was Red Bull who sunk me. this was about a month or two ago

i'm almost 900% sure that person who was PVP Hacking at tortuga also was pvp hacking on ships and was using extremely strong overpowered very long range cannon balls like bullet shot from cannon defense but on a ship. my ship also got sunk by it back then and the ship name was Red Bull who sunk me. this was about a month or two ago
Was it a light sloop? In the back of my mind I recall a light sloop with that name in potco that was hacking SvS. It seems very familiar. I remember it using fully automatic Fury that never missed. I'm not absolutely sure of the name but it's so familiar.

Last edited:
It's almost the same hack that lets you kill people all over the beach, only in their ships.

Well I think the ship being "invisible" for me wasn't so much it was invisible, as I believe it was the bug where if a player ship is sitting still it won't load in the right place until it begins to move. I'm positive it was a player ship though because I later saw the ship going to port so I followed it and multiple people had also followed it claiming he was sinking other player ships. Not to mention when you are damaged by another ship the name of that ship comes up and I am fairly certain there is no NPC ship called "Golden King" in this game.

This thing happened to me yesterday also. There was only a sinking Death Omen in the immediate vicinity when suddenly, boom, and I was on my way down, no other ships in sight. It just happened once. Someone said it might be Corsair spawn and after noticing ships spawning lately I wonder if it could be true. Ships used to spawn with a shield and it would take around 10 seconds to be fully spawned but lately they spawn instantly. I wonder if they can fire even before they become visible? Other theories about hackers and bugs seem also possible, I just don't know. It was sudden and the only time I've seen anything like it in TLOPO or POTCO and I've seen a lot.

its not a theory, a light sloop was literally using rapid fire cannon balls from extremely far away on me, unless im seeing things
That is a hack and not what happened to me. As I wrote before it happened to me there was a light sloop that I remember from POTCO that used fully automatic Fury that never missed to take down SvS ships like crazy. I think we are talking about at least two and maybe three different phenomena. There was no visible ship for me and no cannon balls of any kind that I noticed, I went down like I got a full explosive broadside from a SOTL.

This thing happened to me yesterday also. There was only a sinking Death Omen in the immediate vicinity when suddenly, boom, and I was on my way down, no other ships in sight. It just happened once. Someone said it might be Corsair spawn and after noticing ships spawning lately I wonder if it could be true. Ships used to spawn with a shield and it would take around 10 seconds to be fully spawned but lately they spawn instantly. I wonder if they can fire even before they become visible? Other theories about hackers and bugs seem also possible, I just don't know. It was sudden and the only time I've seen anything like it in TLOPO or POTCO and I've seen a lot.

I am not glad it happened to you at all but it makes me feel like I am not nuts when other people are saying they have had the same problem. I had to pay three times in a row to repair my level 6 ship because of this problem. I too don't know if it is a bug or a hacker but either way it is a serious problem. I decided not to use padre to get on the sea for a few days as this was the island where I had the problem.

Distance means nothing right now with sailing so bugged , seen many a times Phantom ships hitting a mob of ships and may or may not appear and sometimes it'll show off in the distance and next they be right close by ya . Blue may show and may not !

can you people please stop this hacker already. its been days.....
Are you absolutely sure it's a hacker and not a bug? I've noticed that ships no longer spawn with a shield but rather flash into existence, this leads me to wonder if they actually do spawn with a shield but are invisible for a time. If that is true it could be that there are invisible npc ships out there that can do this. I'm not really convinced that it's anything mentioned in this thread but it certainly could be a hacker. The one thing that makes me think hackers may be responsible is that every case seems to end with the ship suddenly sinking and I've not heard of any cases where the ship was only damaged.

Back