(Some) Flagships are (kinda) fixed?

CharlotteIronPhoenix

Honorable Pirate
Not sure if this is the right place to post this so I'm sorry if it's not.

Last week sometime, I had boarded an undead Spanish flagship two different times where as expected, the enemies stayed in their spawn point and did not move (and they still wiped the deck of their ship with my trousers).

While most flagships I encounter still sink themselves on sight (what can I say, I'm terrifying), yesterday I ran into a level 10 EITC Sentinel just offshore of Kingshead.

I thought 'oh why not' thinking I could handle a little level 10 ship on my own figuring the enemies would still be stuck.

Ahaha...I was very wrong. I confidently walked up to the group of assorted EITC thugs/grunts/mercenaries, hit them once with my sword and then turned around and ran for my life as they mobbed me.

The AI did a very good (too good) job chasing me in circles around that ship for what felt like a good five minutes. The best part is some how (lots and lots of healing tonics) I managed to pick them all off one at a time and make it back to my own ship.

TLDR; Seems the enemies on the EITC ships work just like they're supposed to.

I'd be interested in testing this if anyone would like to sail with me. I'll be launching my ship the Sapphire Phoenix tonight sometime after 10 pm EST on the Valor server (I need the back up me hearties).

Level 22 overall and level 18 sword (I think). Don't remember what levels the EITC group was but they were all yellow and red level tags.

with the undead flagships I experienced something different, when I attacked they all are hitting me in the spawn point without moving, I saw the same thing with Jacques le Blanc

That is the same thing that happened to me with the Spanish undead ships, the enemies do not move but they stay damage me at a distance. However, these same enemies on land do the same thing to me (hitting me without making contact), so I think that is an enemy issue and not a flagship one.

Flagship enemies' levels will depend on the level of the crew, so it's not an issue that they were a higher level. However, the issue with flagships seems to be (from what I've seen) that when you try to sink a flagship alone, everything is fine. But when you have people with you, typically you do not receive the option to board. 5 minutes later, the ship sinks, and after this happens, they are glitched in the way that we see so often where they won't respawn properly and they sink upon entering your render distance. This is fixed when the district resets and all the flagships are spawned normally, but then it all happens again when people try to board them with a crew and don't receive the option to board, leaving the ships to sink after 5 minutes and rendering them glitched again. At least, this is what I think is the case. If this is an accurate description of the bug in its current state, then I think it could be connected to the bug with Open Fire. Currently, Open Fire will work when you are sailing alone, but I've seen that oftentimes it will not work when you are sailing with a crew. I think it sometimes does work, but I'm quite sure that at around half of the time at least it won't have any effect.

Right, the levels of the enemies are not an issue at all. I just thought my story was somewhat funny.

I just wanted to express an interest in testing this further with other people and see if it was just the undead ships having issues.

Flagship enemies' levels will depend on the level of the crew, so it's not an issue that they were a higher level. However, the issue with flagships seems to be (from what I've seen) that when you try to sink a flagship alone, everything is fine. But when you have people with you, typically you do not receive the option to board. 5 minutes later, the ship sinks, and after this happens, they are glitched in the way that we see so often where they won't respawn properly and they sink upon entering your render distance. This is fixed when the district resets and all the flagships are spawned normally, but then it all happens again when people try to board them with a crew and don't receive the option to board, leaving the ships to sink after 5 minutes and rendering them glitched again. At least, this is what I think is the case. If this is an accurate description of the bug in its current state, then I think it could be connected to the bug with Open Fire. Currently, Open Fire will work when you are sailing alone, but I've seen that oftentimes it will not work when you are sailing with a crew. I think it sometimes does work, but I'm quite sure that at around half of the time at least it won't have any effect.
Earlier today, i went to board a flagship and after the board message come up I accidentally shoot in the ship and then the message goes off, so I waited the 5 mins and the ship sank giving me the loot and shortly after respawning. The glitch seems to happen when u lose the board battle or cripple it and leave before the timer goes off, thats what I've seen so far.

I've successfully boarded two flagships, fought on them, sunk them, and watched them respawn successfully. Both were French undead. These are the first successful attempts at flagships for me, I'm so happy!

I successfully boarded a EITC Sentinel flag ship solo this morning, at level 23 and level 19 sword. But I used a broadsword that hits multiple enemies at once with a heal boost to dispatch the resistance. I used the heal on the sword and didn't need a tonic.

Back