Suggestion SOTL

CaptÓđinson9

Dockworker
I don't know if people would like this but personally I think that the Ships of the line should be brought back. I've always wanted one and when they got accidentally released I was hurt because I was broke at the time. I think they should be available for player use.

Ahoy!

I know the SOTL has been raised a number of times over an extended period, there are many who complain that they are just going to be too overpowered or too nerfed if they are added. I've seen suggestions for them to be limited in many different ways, so far the best idea I've come across has been to make them a Guild Ship.

I personally think they could be added, as a Guild Ship is what makes the most sense to me, limited to maybe 2 allowed per Guild and restricted as to who from a Guild has the power to launch them (for example only Guild Masters and Co-Guild Masters).

Implementation of access to them could further be limited by some form of Quest chain to unlock them, with a Difficult Final Quest which would require a Full Crew from a Guild in order to complete it. Make them only available to purchase for players who are either Guild Master or Co-Guild Master and with a hefty price of something like 1,000,000 (a million) Gold. Something which requires some form of Bank System to be implemented for Guilds, which could use either Gold as a Currency or even some form of Conversion to something like Guild Coins, which to further raise the difficulty could have an Exchange Rate like 3-5 Gold = 1 Guild Coin.

There are so many possibilities for them to be implemented as a Guild Ship and to make Guild Life even more valuable and important for everyone...

I'm open to further comments and suggestions on this, but I definitely think this is something which should be made a Guild thing.

Cheers!

Kriss Wild Wolf
Guild Master of Caribbean Curse.

As much as the guild content is lacking and the SotL is a genuine and reasonable candidate for it.

I feel that this will cause issues for people who want one and both need to be in a guild capable of fielding such a crew, and that the majority of this crew wont even be able to use this ship, because lets be honest people aren't perfect and you have over half a dozen people who all cant launch this one ship but contributed to it and feel entitled to their fair share. I really doubt that people will be happy simply timesharing.

The other side of this, is simply solo players and small guilds who wont ever be able to acquire it from not being able to complete whatever requirements would be needed to make proper guild content. Anyone interested in acquiring this ship, which lets be honest is has always been a two sided thing of people who've always wanted it and people who are very against it, is forced into meeting requirements which could be entirely out of their control.

I agree heavily that the SotL should be limited in acquisition to make it special. However I believe this should be based on progression and a reward for a long or difficult feat, not because the player happened to be lucky in their social circumstances to be guild leader.
Afterall, this is a game with limited population and a limited pool to draw from, being a rebuild of a game shut down almost 7 years ago. its not exactly fertile ground for forming new guilds and I imagine most are with a small clique of friends here to relive nostalgia.

I definitely want to see SOTL added someday but not as a regular ship for regular sailing. With sailing as it is now it would be way overpowered. And I definitely don't think just anyone should be able to buy it or work for it, I think it should be a team effort.
I do however agree with other posters in this thread and other threads that it should be a guild ship that a guild can work as a team to get.
But as I said before it should not be used for regular sailing, I was thinking maybe there could be guild boss battles (would be a group thing sort of like the bp treasure map thingy) where once the guild finishes building or working for the SOTL they could take it and use it to sink boss ships that are extremely hard to sink for rewards. I see nothing wrong as having it as a guild thing, it might make people think differently about joining guilds. (Not all guilds are bad). There has to be perks for joining a guild, it can't be all about socializing and such.
I know SOTL is extremely hard to implement and such but If the devs ever decide to do so I have faith that they can do it. <3

Back