Southeast Tornados

Pluto-Z

Notorious Pirate
Any you guys heard about the big tornados? I was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!!!!! its very scary, and really scary when your in the very lower right part of TN. where we never get them!

dude i promise we were in a basement for 16 hours!!!! i had maybe 3 hrs of sleep, then when we woke up and it was gone, i went into the living room and i fell right back to sleep for 5 hrs

Well, there were 14 touchdown tornadoes in my state on the 28-29 of April (category EF1 - EF4). That was by far the scariest and it turned out to be the worst in my state history, and we are not officially in so-called the tornado alley. My house is right in between the two tornadoes that passed by (EF2). I'm saddened by the lost of lives and homes; 8 who deceased were the Univ. of Alabama students. And there are still about 400 ppl missing.

there were 9 in my area, the lowest grade being an ef-5. this was the 27th for me.

the second worst for my state history, the first was in 1925.

there were 9 in my area, the lowest grade being an ef-5. this was the 27th for me.
meaning the day.

The worst because they hit so many well populated areas, and caused more fatalities and cost more. I will post some pics.

the funny thing is is that it went for hills not flat land! and it took down huge oak trees but not seeders? kinda strange

This thread is supposed to go to the Ship Yard section ... but I'll post some pics here.

Some of the worst, EF4 in the northern part of the state:
catoosa088_thumb.jpg
dade051_thumb.jpg
bartow3_tor_2011apr27_sm.jpg
Birdie2_thumb.jpg

Look at the last pic; the kitchen table and chairs were still standing, while everything else was level to the ground!

The last one below was in my county.
TroupSouth0612_thumb.jpg

I live in Arkansas, in the northeast, right under the MO bootheel.

Some of you might have noticed I've updated my status many times with tornado info for this area. We were very lucky here where I'm at. My heart goes out to everyone who was hit a lot worse than we were here.

A couple weeks ago there was a tornado that wiped out Vilonia, AR. I've been through there a few times. Its a small town. Last I heard they still had not found everyone that went missing. My aunt told us up here that there was a ranch down in or near Vilonia that had cattle and horses. The whole heard of cattle and all of the horses had gone missing from this tornado from what she had heard.

I have a horrible feeling that this is not the last of the tornadoes this season and that things will continue to be bad. We are in for a rocky season. I just pray that God is with everyone who has been or will be effected.

thank god i dont live there, i live way down south... only bad thing ive been through is hurricane Gustav and it wasnt all that bad for me... must have been very scary... there was a tornado couple years back near my house but thank GOD it jumped over our house. wish i could do something about all the people who lost friends, family, pets, houses, and other stuff..... kinda sad being stuck where im at knowing i cant do anything about it

Wow... I live in WI so we don't see much of that. But a few years ago a tornado was 3 houses away from us. We were coming home from the store and my dad turned on the radio. "TORNADO WARNING FOR ______ COUNTY!" Me: ":O FLOOR IT!" lol. So we got home and were thankful our house was still standing. We walked around and looked at the damage, and people told us the tornado was 3 houses away from us. The best part is, our house didn't even get hit with debris! Not a scratch!

The best part is, our house didn't even get hit with debris! Not a scratch!

Well, you were lucky, John ... and so was I. I literally had to hide in the middle of the house, because we already saw what the tornados did in AL. Never had to do that before. It was scary when it was late like that (around 11 PM), you couldn't see and the radar showed they were on the way to your direction. But you'd never know for sure, the path might go slightly different. And pretty much you couldn't leave unless you knew you were heading to the place that was NOT on their path. But if the path was almost the ENTIRE state, where would you go?

Well, you were lucky, John ... and so was I. I literally had to hide in the middle of the house, because we already saw what the tornados did in AL. Never had to do that before. It was scary when it was late like that (around 11 PM), you couldn't see and the radar showed they were on the way to your direction. But you'd never know for sure, the path might go slightly different. And pretty much you couldn't leave unless you knew you were heading to the place that was NOT on their path. But if the path was almost the ENTIRE state, where would you go?
thats scary! i feel bad for you, but atleast you are ok.

Wow John and Jade you guys are lucky!Where i live earthquakes are more of the problem then tornadoes.
I live in Arkansas, in the northeast, right under the MO bootheel.

Some of you might have noticed I've updated my status many times with tornado info for this area. We were very lucky here where I'm at. My heart goes out to everyone who was hit a lot worse than we were here.

A couple weeks ago there was a tornado that wiped out Vilonia, AR. I've been through there a few times. Its a small town. Last I heard they still had not found everyone that went missing. My aunt told us up here that there was a ranch down in or near Vilonia that had cattle and horses. The whole heard of cattle and all of the horses had gone missing from this tornado from what she had heard.

I have a horrible feeling that this is not the last of the tornadoes this season and that things will continue to be bad. We are in for a rocky season. I just pray that God is with everyone who has been or will be effected.

I cant imagine not finding a neighbor, a friend, your HOUSE! Its really sad that some people are missing and some have been killed

Yes, I considered myself lucky. And thank you for the nice words, guys. Things like these didn't dawn on me until the following morning when I saw the news about the damages that the tornadoes caused. Lesson learned: never take for granted the things you have, and you could never be too prepared for incoming things like that. Better be prepared than sorry.

well thursday where i live we in a tornado watch already :confused:........ but im in florida and will be so i wont be in it......

WOW! That was close to where I live! Never want to have something like that again .... - keeping my fingers crossed -

Back