SvS (Spanish) Black Demon streaks 112 without sinking! (2/10/2019)

BrandonSJ96

Honorable Pirate
Congratulations to captain Twister X and crew for achieving 112 non stop french ship sinking streak! Due to glitching repairs the ship had to port so no one get our bounty. It was nice while it lasted.
upload_2019-2-10_16-15-56.png

Congratulations to captain Twister X and crew for achieving 112 non stop french ship sinking streak! Due to glitching repairs the ship had to port so no one get our bounty. It was nice while it lasted.
View attachment 113314
I noticed someone spawn killing tons of people the other night. That wasn't you I hope. Couldn't even take the helm, split seconds I was sunk.
Didn't even want to be there, but somehow ported to one of the pvp islands. I gave up after 12 times in a row trying to take the helm and move.
Totally useless and impossible.
Certainly nothing to brag about when people do that.

I noticed someone spawn killing tons of people the other night. That wasn't you I hope. Couldn't even take the helm, split seconds I was sunk.
Didn't even want to be there, but somehow ported to one of the pvp islands. I gave up after 12 times in a row trying to take the helm and move.
Totally useless and impossible.
Certainly nothing to brag about when people do that.
Anyone does that literally. (No it's not me captaining that ship)

Anyone does that literally. (No it's not me captaining that ship)
Which is why I wouldn't knowingly get into pvp. That was a fluke sinking or something that landed me there.
I totally hate tlopo has you automatically ginned as pvp if you port there. That to me is unnecessary.

it was pretty legit
Yeah 100% legit, We've gone around sinking ships around the islands while they stay in spawn shield for the longest time before they get vulnerable after amount of time. If they camp we make sure to ram them out of there. (Ramming does damage to shielded ships) We chased them down as well.

It's just good to see competitive svs going on even with the spawn camping. It's way more legit than all the bounty trading going on on the quiet servers. Congrats to TwisterX and his crew. I'll try to get out there on French next time I see you out there.

Glitching repairs ? You get sunk. A port is port, no excuses whatsoever. Did you go against any of the TLOPO heavyweights by any chance ? And how long were you at it? Getting that amount of ships would be impossible if it were competitive. Come on show us a screenshot of the scoreboard.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here, and especially after such a impressive feat. But...I just have one question I hope someone can answer for me:
  • Does ramming an opposing ship, while that ship is still ported (with shield still active) considered by definition “ship versus ship?”
Think about it! :confused: With them still at port, even if they fire cannons @ you that still entices them later to leave port seeing how they take notice that your ship must keep a far amount of distance away. And thus, the “true” SVS begins.

Ramming a ported ship remains, in my eyes, “Ship versus (sitting) duck!” As such, the rules of engagement between privateers is highly disproportional if one ship hasn’t even_launched yet. *In other words, is this fair given one ship cannot even maneuver out of the way?

I don’t see how it can be. ;)

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here, and especially after such a impressive feat. But...I just have one question I hope someone can answer for me:
  • Does ramming an opposing ship, while that ship is still ported (with shield still active) considered by definition “ship versus ship?”
Think about it! :confused: With them still at port, even if they fire cannons @ you that still entices them later to leave port seeing how they take notice that your ship must keep a far amount of distance away. And thus, the “true” SVS begins.

Ramming a ported ship remains, in my eyes, “Ship versus (sitting) duck!” As such, the rules of engagement between privateers is highly disproportional if one ship hasn’t even_launched yet. *In other words, is this fair given one ship cannot even maneuver out of the way?

I don’t see how it can be. ;)
It shouldn't be because the shielded ship do not get damaged at all and they can't do damage while ported still. They just stay there hitting other ships while in shield.

Glitching repairs ? You get sunk. A port is port, no excuses whatsoever. Did you go against any of the TLOPO heavyweights by any chance ? And how long were you at it? Getting that amount of ships would be impossible if it were competitive. Come on show us a screenshot of the scoreboard.
It's technically possible because the reps are glitched after we hit the 95 streak mark. You just keep holding the reps during battle and your ship can heal and heal when we want to.

If you sink a ship with ram in TLOPO it doesn't add to the win streak count. Nor do you get score or bounty for the kill.

I tested this many times JUST LAST WEEK by ramming an attacking light sloop with my war frigate in svs. The ram can sink the light sloop in a single hit. I never get score, bounty reward or message saying the ship sank at all when doing so.
Sadly experiences that are over 6 years old are just not relevant to TLOPO.

So yes you can damage them and sink them with ram, but none of the 100 plus ships Brandon was referring to were sunk by ram alone. The killing blow would have to come from a cannon.

Getting sunk near port is part of the game. If you are stuck in port with someone camping you consider getting a pirate ship (non svs ship) to run interference for you so you can eacape. Get inventive instead of complaining that some tactic or other is unfair.

Last edited:

I was out pirating and did see the scoreboard last night. The Black Demon and one other spanish ship were up against 4 french ships. I will say among the french there were no names I recognized as regulars, but 2 verses 4 is still not easy. I admit I have no idea about the size of the crews of any of the ships, but gathering a good crew for svs is part of the game.

They were out there fighting and NOT just trading bounty as I did observe the combat from my pirate ship. I could not join on French side to try to sink the Black Demon as the game only allowed joining on Spanish at the,time for whatever reason. (Probably the mismatched numbers)

Last edited:
Ramming speed a light sloop will sink it if you hit it in the right spot... Light sloop only gives you like 2 point so maybe your not seeing a jump in your infamy and sometimes it just doesn't give you those 2 points. Not getting the bounty from one im unsure of the cause of this unless you are maxed gold already??

Back