Request Spawn Bubbles

You beat me to it! I was going to post about this myself.

Disclaimer: Possible technical obstacles aside, I'm posting from the perspective of the possibility of implementation. I thoroughly understand that this issue may currently be technically impossible to remedy in the game's current state. POTCO had it right - so there may be hope!

I'd like to reiterate and agree with everything said in this post - the change to spawn bubbles (granted, for a fix within PvP) created issues with team looting. He's correct to point out that some AOE weapons do not any longer do damage while the spawn bubble is up. Grenades still work, allowing for a soloing of gold room or the veterans at Kingshead, but broadswords (and maybe more importantly, dagger Whirlwind!) do not work during the spawn bubble duration. This reality does indeed retract from team looting, and is arguably maybe even more of an issue when group looting at lower level groups such as the aforementioned Kingshead group. Lower levels here, leveling sword with a broadsword, are sometimes prohibited enough hits to count for rep/loot when playing with higher level players. Also, with the draw bosses created towards group looting (and unbalance of loot quality), this currently flawed mechanic does not encourage looting elsewhere, further adding to overpopulation problems at bosses. I think this mechanic may be the first step in revitalizing non-boss leveling and non-boss team looting alike. I do not think that this change is "only for the looters" or benefits only looters. This mechanic has a lot of bearing on leveling success with groups of enemies for lower level pirates.

Assuming this mechanic could be reverted, I agree with Beggar - and more specifically Bort - that this problem should be prioritized more. I hope this post brings to light the nuances behind why the players would like it back and that it is not a non-issue.
"I'd like to reiterate and agree with everything said in this post - the change to spawn bubbles (granted, for a fix within PvP) created issues with team looting. He's correct to point out that some AOE weapons do not any longer do damage while the spawn bubble is up."
And thus the issue with the mentality the invincible should be not invincible for certain situations to make things work easier for mega group looting. Nothing NOTHING should have been damaging or tagging during invincibility spawn bubbles. That's why they're called invincible spawn bubbles. If in PVP, you can't hurt them and they can't hurt you. Period.
Get rid of spawn bubbles in PVE and then the mega group looting would prove it's the group causing the hardship without doubt, not the game.
Hardship as in slowing the game down for other players who don't have the advantage of bleeding edge machines and 1 gig connections.
Not being able to tag a enemy in groups isn't the bubbles fault, nor the games. It's created by non game design playing tactics.

And can't even compare this issue with invasions, where that IS a game mechanic where the design is for people to group up for a common event. Group looting is a player/user phenomenon, normally not a game breaker or issue in itself, but the stress on the servers could be a problem. 25 people looting the twins certainly drags down most peoples experience with the minority not stressed too much.
GET
RID
OF

PVE
SPAWN
BUBBLES!!!

I think, for perspective, we shouldn't necessarily look from the point of view of looting a stronger boss, like Palifico.

Take Darkhart, for example. Three people can dominate an entire looting session with a blunderbuss. Ignoring the fact that it's just rude, and tactless, let's take a look at this.

3 people with a decent blunderbuss can instant kill Darkhart. Which means everyone who didn't get to attack, misses out on loot. Like Daniel said, in POTCO, you could attack "through" spawn bubbles. Damage wouldn't register, but it would still count as a hit, giving you loot.

Now I know the Darkhart example is a terrible example, but it can honestly happen anywhere with enough people. I've seen it happen at Crash and Jimmy. People miss out since they don't have time to land a hit due to how quickly the boss goes down. This has nothing to do with lag, considering Crash and Jimmy really don't need large groups for quick kills. There is little to no lag at these looting sessions.

So there are two ways we can go about helping this issue. We can enforce a rule asking members to not use certain "fast kill" mechanics, or we can revert to how spawn bubbles operated in POTCO. I'll let you all decide which one you like, and which one you don't.

Full disclosure, I do not support instant killing of bosses like Darkhart in larger, public looting sessions. I just wanted to make an example. If you really want an easy Darkhart kill, please do it on a quieter server without other public looters. It is quite disruptive. Set up a private looting session.
"So there are two ways we can go about helping this issue. We can enforce a rule asking members to not use certain "fast kill" mechanics..."
That will float about as well as a bread boat.
And I disagree nerfing a invincibility spawn bubble so a player can stand back 50 feet, shoot once and then wait for everyone else to kill and run in for loot. Because, that's exactly what happens. And you know it.
There's no mmo on the planet that I know of that splits the issue with spawning. tlopo is beta and we can get away with this now, but to suggest making such conduct a part of the game is, er, ludicrous ... ? Guess I'll just stick with my meme now.

But if the developers just want to throw this in to make beta testers happy while playing, well, that's on them. In beta, who really cares. I just don't feel it belongs in a final game. Because what goes on in a beta game stage is irrelevant and so anything goes. And if it was broken in potco, making it a part of tlopo doesn't make it right.
Group looting effects things, if group looting is a thing, we should accept missing stuff as a thing as well. You lose loot because of group looting? Tough tormenta, you knew that going in.

This is a freaking pirate game. Should everything be handed to people without challange like a wig wearing rich British noblewoman?

Last edited:
I don't know the technical details of how any of this works, so bear with me as I try to explain the problem.

A little less than a year ago (I think), a TLOPO update changed the mechanics of enemy spawn bubbles so that the enemies inside could not be tagged for loot and reputation by broadsword swings.

I suggest reverting this mechanic back to how it initially was. Group-looting at Cicatriz or Tormenta's Gold Room has become an incredibly frustrating experience because of how frequently crew members miss skull chests. The spawn bubbles' invincibility effect on enemies granted a sort of grace period where the entire crew could run in and tag enemies for loot without worrying about 'stealing' a skull chest. With the system as it is now, I feel much less encouraged to loot in groups because of how difficult it is to ensure everybody receives loot containers once they drop.

Making enemies both invincible and 'taggable' while spawning would do a great deal to remedy this problem and revitalize looting spots where both bosses and regular enemies are present.

So yeah, i'd really like for this to be in the game again. As you mentioned it'd make looting cicatriz a lot more bearable since everyone can get the loot. Honestly i'd be surprised if they didn't fix this along with things like blunderbusses and grenades hitting through bubbles.

"So there are two ways we can go about helping this issue. We can enforce a rule asking members to not use certain "fast kill" mechanics..."
That will float about as well as a bread boat.
And I disagree nerfing a invincibility spawn bubble so a player can stand back 50 feet, shoot once and then wait for everyone else to kill and run in for loot. Because, that's exactly what happens. And you know it.
There's no mmo on the planet that I know of that splits the issue with spawning. tlopo is beta and we can get away with this now, but to suggest making such conduct a part of the game is, er, ludicrous ... ? Guess I'll just stick with my meme now.

But if the developers just want to throw this in to make beta testers happy while playing, well, that's on them. In beta, who really cares. I just don't feel it belongs in a final game. Because what goes on in a beta game stage is irrelevant and so anything goes. And if it was broken in potco, making it a part of tlopo doesn't make it right.
Group looting effects things, if group looting is a thing, we should accept missing stuff as a thing as well. You lose loot because of group looting? Tough tormenta, you knew that going in.

This is a freaking pirate game. Should everything be handed to people without challange like a wig wearing rich British noblewoman?

I don't understand why you think you have to comment on every post with no idea of what the OP is talking about. You never played POTCO from what I read, so why even comment on something you have no clue about?? Is real life so boring you have to sit around and knock down everyone's ideas that don't agree with your opinion? Or just when things are suggested about looting by beggar?

As an OG player of POTCO, I agree this should be fix. This how low lvls were able to hang out in loot crowds and loot without being K.O'd. Darkheart was the go to boss for looting/rep with low lvl pirates cause you sweep while he was in the bubble and got loot but no aggro. Tbh who wants to keep reviving someone over and over again?? This was not exploit, it was a part of the original game. This is supposed to be base off it..so it needs to be added back.

I don't understand why you think you have to comment on every post with no idea of what the OP is talking about. You never played POTCO from what I read, so why even comment on something you have no clue about?? Is real life so boring you have to sit around and knock down everyone's ideas that don't agree with your opinion? Or just when things are suggested about looting by beggar?

As an OG player of POTCO, I agree this should be fix. This how low lvls were able to hang out in loot crowds and loot without being K.O'd. Darkheart was the go to boss for looting/rep with low lvl pirates cause you sweep while he was in the bubble and got loot but no aggro. Tbh who wants to keep reviving someone over and over again?? This was not exploit, it was a part of the original game. This is supposed to be base off it..so it needs to be added back.
Your whole first paragraph is irrelevant and unneeded so I'm going to ignore your personal sentiments on that first part and not respond.
The second part is understandable when people of potco are used to a improperly implemented spawn process and accept it as if it was meant that way. I'd say it wasn't supposed to be that way because it makes no sense to work like that. Invincibility shield is exactly that, a invincibility protection period. Not something adjusted so some advantage is taken. Basically it was a glitch and people loved it and want it to stay. There are other examples of potco's more or less mistakes never fixed that players learned to adapt and then generations believed it was supposed to be that way.

It was not meant to be an exploit, people turn things into exploits in many ways. We agree something needed to be fixed, so people have to stop saying it was meant to be that way. Reviving is part of the game. No matter how annoying one gets with a newbie who keeps getting knocked down.
I comment on things with THIS game, but when somethings is broke in potco, and people say it is and then say keep it that way in tlopo because they want it that way, what is there not to know?

GL.

I'd say it wasn't supposed to be that way because it makes no sense to work like that. Invincibility shield is exactly that, a invincibility protection period. Not something adjusted so some advantage is taken. Basically it was a glitch and people loved it and want it to stay. There are other examples of potco's more or less mistakes never fixed that players learned to adapt and then generations believed it was supposed to be that way.

It was not meant to be an exploit, people turn things into exploits in many ways. We agree something needed to be fixed, so people have to stop saying it was meant to be that way. Reviving is part of the game. No matter how annoying one gets with a newbie who keeps getting knocked down.
I comment on things with THIS game, but when somethings is broke in potco, and people say it is and then say keep it that way in tlopo because they want it that way, what is there not to know?

GL.
I mean, it was in the game for 7 years so I don't really think it was a glitch

It kind of doesn't matter if a glitch is in game for 7 days, 7 weeks, 7 months or 7 years. It's still a glitch that is taken further than it should be.
It's not the players fault if glitches and problems are never fixed.
If it's there, take advantage of it. The american gamers way.

It kind of doesn't matter if a glitch is in game for 7 days, 7 weeks, 7 months or 7 years. It's still a glitch that is taken further than it should be.
It's not the players fault if glitches and problems are never fixed.
If it's there, take advantage of it. The american gamers way.
Why do you think it was a glitch?

On this issue, or non issue, it's simply logical that if the enemy or pvp opponent respawns and the game has an invincibility bubble, then nothing should be effected either way, enemy or person trying to stick enemy. If a player can score, tag or damage a bubble spawning npc, then the bubble is broken and would logically be considered a glitch.
If people have some sort of concept of multi faceted invincibility that all sort of things are allowed while the shield is effect there's no way I'm going to influence their ingrained way of thinking. And I'm not trying to.

Just making a comment that invincibility should be just that, invincibility with no action being allowed to happen. It's not a difficult concept.

Which goes back to my contention made many moons ago, don't have any spawn bubbles in the PVE portion of the game. They are actually detrimental.

Last edited:
On this issue, or non issue, it's simply logical that if the enemy or pvp opponent respawns and the game has an invincibility bubble, then nothing should be effected either way, enemy or person trying to stick enemy. If a player can score, tag or damage a bubble spawning npc, then the bubble is broken and would logically be considered a glitch.
If people have some sort of concept of multi faceted invincibility that all sort of things are allowed while the shield is effect there's no way I'm going to influence their ingrained way of thinking. And I'm not trying to.

Just making a comment that invincibility should be just that, invincibility with no action being allowed to happen. It's not a difficult concept.

Which goes back to my contention made many moons ago, don't have any spawn bubbles in the PVE portion of the game. They are actually detrimental.
Your own normative stance on how you think a spawn bubble ought to function does not constitute evidence of a glitch.

Disney deliberately programmed it to be the way it was in their game - and they kept it that way for seven years. TLOPO kept it the way Disney had intended it to be until they accidentally broke it while addressing an issue with PvP. It’s as simple as that. The way it is now is actually the glitch.

You may not understand it, but your real position is that TLOPO should neglect to fix a game-breaking glitch because it inconveniences looters. You adopted this position - as you often do - because you saw an opportunity to contradict someone you happen to dislike while I was providing perfectly reasonable and constructive feedback.

You did not play POTCO, and you did not know this issue existed until learning about it from this very thread. You did not (and still do not) understand the issue we are discussing beyond how you can use it as a talking point in your quest to concern-troll everything I post.

I'll reiterate on the subject of 'invincibility' bubbles and the agenda, sentiment or reasons anyone comments is not the subject of this thread and the author of the OP is not the reason to comment on bubbles.
The theory that Disney would purposely make invincibility bubbles non invincible is beyond ludicrous. Other members have posted the bubbles were broken in Disney. Are they all clueless like me?

I'll reiterate on the subject of 'invincibility' bubbles and the agenda, sentiment or reasons anyone comments is not the subject of this thread and the author of the OP is not the reason to comment on bubbles.
The theory that Disney would purposely make invincibility bubbles non invincible is beyond ludicrous. Other members have posted the bubbles were broken in Disney. Are they all clueless like me?
The term "invincibility bubble" is one that you made up for this argument two weeks ago. Stop belaboring on if the game's status suits this language or not. What matters is if the mechanic (whatever we choose to call it) is working as intended. It obviously isn't.

Regardless it'd be a good idea to re-implement this mechanic into the game as it is not only how it was in POTCO and early TLOPO, but it also has no downsides and benefits everyone, particularly low leveled players

"The spawn bubbles' invincibility effect"

Not I.
This is some of the most egregious pettyfogging I've ever seen. I did not say 'invincibility bubble.' I described the bubbles as granting an 'invincibility effect' because the bubble did grant them invulnerability to damage. That doesn't mean that they must be untaggable or immune to any manner of interaction.

If you were invincible, would that mean I could not touch you? Or put a hat on your head? No, it would just mean that I could not defeat you in battle.

Regardless, you're clearly uninterested in discussing the issue seriously so I'm going to do the responsible thing and bow out of this remarkably pointless exchange.

"re-implement this mechanic into the game as it is not only how it was in POTCO and early TLOPO, but it also has no downsides and benefits everyone, particularly low leveled players "

So, disneys failure to implement the correct protection bubble code which became a beneficial exploit and was considered by players a deliberate mechanic of the game should now be added into tlopo in it's broken, exploited form?
Okay.

"If you were invincible, would that mean I could not touch you? Or put a hat on your head? No, it would just mean that I could not defeat you in battle."

A spawn bubble is a shield to stop spawn camping. The object in the bubble is protected from contact as is the opposing player. The mechanic can be called anything people want. It's only job is to keep two way contact from happening for a given time frame. To allow contact or anything else during the time frame is to render a spawn bubble and it's existence and any kind of mechanic to protect something, meaningless.

Last edited:
Your own normative stance on how you think a spawn bubble ought to function does not constitute evidence of a glitch.

Disney deliberately programmed it to be the way it was in their game - and they kept it that way for seven years. TLOPO kept it the way Disney had intended it to be until they accidentally broke it while addressing an issue with PvP. It’s as simple as that. The way it is now is actually the glitch.

You may not understand it, but your real position is that TLOPO should neglect to fix a game-breaking glitch because it inconveniences looters. You adopted this position - as you often do - because you saw an opportunity to contradict someone you happen to dislike while I was providing perfectly reasonable and constructive feedback.

You did not play POTCO, and you did not know this issue existed until learning about it from this very thread. You did not (and still do not) understand the issue we are discussing beyond how you can use it as a talking point in your quest to concern-troll everything I post.
@Beggar
"and you did not know this issue existed until learning about it from this very thread "

Nope, this issue has been around and I knew about it when I started here 2 years ago. 15 minute internet search would also tell the story.

By the by, it's pettifogging. Pretty much a European slang, but colorful. I like it.

Last edited:
Back