Spawning Under Your Ship (PotentialFix)

Lordbacon

Pirate
So I think I've found a POTENTIAL fix for spawning under your ship and then trying board again after you crashed.
First thing to note there's 2 components to this glitch is that I've noticed 1. There has to be people on board your ship when you crash 2. You MUST be the one who was driving when you crash.
What I've seen is when you try to board your ship again you'll be on it but you'll be swimming underneath it and the sky will be bugged out.

The way to fix this:
1. First make sure you have another ship that you can sail.
2. Launch said vessel
3. Once you're on your ship take the steering and move just a little distance off away from the island (just enough that port button doesn't disappear)
4. Once you've moved port your ship and then try to board the ship you were originally on

Note:
Step 3 is a little shaky because i haven't quite narrowed down whether or not there is a certain amount time that you need to be on the second you ship you launched. Also I've have only encountered this on Frigate class ships, however i think it would be safe assume that this glitch happens on all ship types.

There's probably somethings that i forgot to mention so if anyone has questions please ask

====Update 1/19/17====
This may not work on the first try so i recommend trying it a few times and it should work
Also this can happen to people on cannons as well. It seems like interacting with cannon or the steering well can cause this.

Last edited:
When I'm sailing and I crash I find the best course of action is to log back in, if you end up under your ship, have a friend take the helm. After this the shift button will show up if you're in the right spot to take over the helm, press it and take over the helm. Your camera view will still be messed up but move the ship a bit anyways, then let go of the helm. You should now properly be on the deck of your ship, from here you relog one more time, since if you take the helm again your camera will still be a bit funky, and then all is well.

Back