Tip "Speak so I can crew you"

Sleepy Pumpkin

Pirate Apprentice
When we board another pirate ship, it is usual to see the Captain asking us to speak so he/she can crew us.
I think that just happens because it is hard for the Captain to see who is inside the ship while he/she is steering.
Many ignore that they can open the "Nearby pirates table" to see who is around and have access to the avatars in order to crew who they want.

It's hard to crew people unless you click on their name in local chat. This helps crew other players by speaking.

Yeah I always use the "nearby" tab. I've told many people about it and they were unaware it even existed. The only downside with it is theres a bug that you can't click someone's name when you have a weapon drawn. But its still much more convient then saying "say something for crew."

I've found that sometimes the Nearby list shows some people that are not near you also, so it's good to know which people are actually on your ship.

I've found that sometimes the Nearby list shows some people that are not near you also, so it's good to know which people are actually on your ship.
Yeah, currently people that were in the same area as you at your last port of call stay loaded. Thats why sometimes you also see local chat of random people on a port of call at a wild island or on a ship.

I just love boarding a ship and everyone is too busy shooting cannon balls to say anything much less crew you. But I know that some people are all about themsleves in this game. Makes no sense to me less exp for you.. I always crew people up asap when they board my ships

I just love boarding a ship and everyone is too busy shooting cannon balls to say anything much less crew you. But I know that some people are all about themsleves in this game. Makes no sense to me less exp for you.. I always crew people up asap when they board my ships

It's not about ignoring people or being "all about themselves" as you call it... it's that the captain is often so busy sailing the ship, firing broadsides, and triggering other skills to notice an increase in the amount of people aboard. Prior to the big update, it was easier to notice if someone came aboard because we were able to see a list of names via the Nearby tab, but now the tab has been removed. That's why it's much easier and more considerate for those boarding to just say something because it's near impossible to notice when someone does unless you're just sitting in the water not doing anything.

this is not the case sometimes you can't ever click on them or you can click on them with weapon out and or right clicking.
This was back in the day with the "nearby" tab. They removed it to bring back the POTCO "click on people." Clicking on people currently is just buggy and unreliable though.

It's not about ignoring people or being "all about themselves" as you call it... it's that the captain is often so busy sailing the ship, firing broadsides, and triggering other skills to notice an increase in the amount of people aboard. Prior to the big update, it was easier to notice if someone came aboard because we were able to see a list of names via the Nearby tab, but now the tab has been removed. That's why it's much easier and more considerate for those boarding to just say something because it's near impossible to notice when someone does unless you're just sitting in the water not doing anything.
What?!?

When we board another pirate ship, it is usual to see the Captain asking us to speak so he/she can crew us.
I think that just happens because it is hard for the Captain to see who is inside the ship while he/she is steering.
Many ignore that they can open the "Nearby pirates table" to see who is around and have access to the avatars in order to crew who they want.

Sometimes, players become glitched and are unable to get results by clicking on a name that is floating above a player. The "nearby" tab has also been removed for no apparent reason, although I believe this was in part due to a bug with ships, where players around the area where you launched your ship would show up in that list.

Back