Split - A possibly unpopular opinion: Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yulia

Pirate Master
We do not plan on ever removing the whitelist, it is there to keep the game as the original was and removing it will make moderation a living nightmare. Sorry guys!

Considering ships didn't go 70mph and that open chat was in the original game and Black Pearl was optional I'd say the goal of keeping the game as it was is not going so good. :rolleyes:

Considering ships didn't go 70mph and that open chat was in the original game and Black Pearl was optional I'd say the goal of keeping the game as it was is not going so good. :rolleyes:

Don't be rude for no reason please.

As a beta tester, you should be reporting bugs and giving feedback instead of being insanely rude and bashing us. Open Chat is too difficult to moderate with a small volunteer team of mods.

Black pearl was part of the storyline, as was Raven's Cove, the change does make sense.

Remember that manners are highly appreciated.

No one has bashed you ever. I reported bugs and gave you proper feedback. People avoided doing the Black Pearl questline because its extremely long and hardly rewarding vs Ravens Cove Questline.
I stated that I dislike the change to sailing and the Black Pearl quest and stated why.
And you are one to talk about manners, verbally attacking me for not liking the change to sailing and Black Pearl Quest.

Infact you are only being so hostile to me because im presenting an opposite opinion to what others are thinking. Which as I said in the other thread is unfair to me.

Can we at least add player's custom names to the whitelist? They've already been checked by a human, and you can already put them into chat by saying, well, anything at all.

This WAS a not-so-subtle dig at we the developers. Not appreciated.

Back to the original topic, we have no intention of adopting an open chat system at this time. This has been stated multiple times by myself and others.

The addition of open chat as a feature is a potential future enhancement, currently we don't have the bandwidth to implement/maintain it.

well yeah it was a dig after he had already yelled at me for disagreeing in the sailing thread. Pff. It wasn't like I was rude first. I appreciate everything. I just have a differing opinion. I already accepted the thing about open chat since its 100% reasonable. But if im not allowed to say that I think the normal sailing was better and that the broadsides are having issues even aiming right, and that i dislike it and i think its a bad change in my eyes cause I played it, then I should have the right to say that without him getting offended over it.

Last edited:
No one has bashed you ever. I reported bugs and gave you proper feedback. People avoided doing the Black Pearl questline because its extremely long and hardly rewarding vs Ravens Cove Questline.
I stated that I dislike the change to sailing and the Black Pearl quest and stated why.
And you are one to talk about manners, verbally attacking me for not liking the change to sailing and Black Pearl Quest.

Infact you are only being so hostile to me because im presenting an opposite opinion to what others are thinking. Which as I said in the other thread is unfair to me.

It now has a great reward at the end of it via the RC questline :)

You called our update awful because it had some bugs in a previous thread, and followed me here just to reply with a rude statement. Knock it off.

I would suggest we both stop replying, it's simply becoming an argument now. Thank you.
well yeah it was a dig after he had already yelled at me for disagreeing in the sailing thread. Pff. It wasn't like I was rude first. I appreciate everything. I just have a differing opinion. I already accepted the thing about open chat since its 100% reasonable. But if im not allowed to say that I think the normal sailing was better and that the broadsides are having issues even aiming right, and that i dislike it and i think its a bad change in my eyes cause I played it, then I should have the right to say that without him getting offended over it.

You called our update awful and gave no feedback.

Your question was answered, you had no reason to reply with such a passive-aggressive and rude manner to me in a separate thread when I was speaking to the Original Poster. Knock it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back