Video [SPOILERS] Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Official Trailer Discussion

Are you HYPED for The Last Jedi

• Yes

• Of course

• Hyped!

• Absolutely

Results are only viewable after voting.
Eh, I'm excited for it but I'm not going to get so over-hyped that the movie seems like a disappointment. That's what I think a lot of people did with episode VII and I won't make the same mistake twice. It's going to be hard for them to top Rogue One though. That was personally one of my favorite SW films.

Although this movie patches up a lot of loopholes that we see in The Force Awakens, in my eyes the trailer isn't as spectacular or exciting as of the predecessor, or even Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Due to this mediocre trailer my opinion lays at not expecting much from this film.
Except we get to know who Rey's father is (probably) and in the next episode there will be something insanely large that has the capacity to blow up a planet - what can I say? It's just Star Wars Tradition.

Loved the trailer. I've seen a lot of negativity thrown in its direction, but complaining about everything seems to be the thing to do these days.

I also have a theory on Luke's statement at the end, if anyone wishes to hear it.

After reading the ancient Jedi texts, Luke has come to the realization that the modern Jedi orders (such as the one seen in the prequels) are completely hypocritical and even extreme in their own way (not unlike the Sith) and he intends to make a new order, but instead of Jedi, something like Grey Jedi, who would practice both sides of the Force in moderation; e.g. the "balance" referred to in the trailer.

Back