SSL Handshake Failed

Luna Storm

Forum Mod
Hi, and thank you for bringing this game back to us, Im exstatic!!

Unfortunately I too have had nothing but the SSL handshake failure since singing up and downloading the game (many times). Have done all the usual attempts at fixing..Run as admin, reset router, restart pc, Checked my internet settings, antivirus and firewall etc..

Beware this is gonna be a long post lol

The odd thing is that my partner can run the game fine on his laptop using the same router on win 7 (he gets the connection error (ssl failed) once and then on retry it goes into game)
I am running win 8.1 and meet the requirements and am using a ethenet connection to router.

I have played Sims3, SWOR and Pirates of the burning sea (all to fill the void that POTCO left) with no problems at all connecting to the serves via their launcher..even tried it yesterday to test a game server connection and worked fine and ran smoothly.

Interestimgly, I saw comodo in the certificates and ran a ssl test on comodo web.
Found piratesonline fine and connection successful...i kept typing in gs-1.tlopo.com or gs2 but that wouldent connect..dont know how to test the actual connection with details between my pc and the game server I use. BUT..when I put my IP address into the comodo test it couldent connect..hmmm

I will leave you with the log from my last attempt at logging in with the launcher (they dont change) in the hopes that someone may understand it better than me.

Fri Mar 03 18:15:41 2017: TLOPO_GAMESERVER = gs-1.tlopo.com
Fri Mar 03 18:15:41 2017: TLOPO_PLAYCOOKIE = 2e606bfdf5fa23985a4e90d2578b78f9
Fri Mar 03 18:15:41 2017: PLocalizer: Running in language: English
Fri Mar 03 18:15:41 2017: PiratesStart: Starting the game.
Fri Mar 03 18:15:57 2017: :piratesStart: getDriverVendor ATI Technologies Inc.
Fri Mar 03 18:15:57 2017: :piratesStart: getDriverRenderer AMD Radeon(TM) R2 Graphics
Fri Mar 03 18:15:57 2017: :piratesStart: getDriverVersion 4.5.13411 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.2401.1007
Fri Mar 03 18:15:57 2017: serverVersion: tlopo-beta-v1.3.9
Fri Mar 03 18:16:00 2017: Initializing quest ladders...
Fri Mar 03 18:17:08 2017: :TaskManager: TaskManager.destroy()
iles (x86)/TLOPO/resources/phase_2/models/fonts/BriosoPro_chipped.bam
:text: Loading font /c/Program Files (x86)/TLOPO/resources/phase_2/models/fonts/BriosoPro_chipped_outline.bam
:prc(warning): changing type for ConfigVariable allow-live-flatten from bool to int.
:text: Loading font /c/Program Files (x86)/TLOPO/resources/phase_2/models/fonts/BardiT.bam
:display: Created output of type ParasiteBuffer
:text(warning): Creating default TextProperties for name 'purple'
:text(warning): Creating default TextProperties for name 'orange'
:text(warning): Creating default TextProperties for name 'maroon'
:text(warning): Creating default TextProperties for name 'lightGold'
:downloader: [20CDCEAC] begin CONNECT [ s://gs-1.tlopo.com:7969 ]
:downloader: [20CDCEAC] Could not establish SSL handshake with gs-1.tlopo.com:7969
:downloader: [20CDD93C] begin CONNECT [ s://gs-1.tlopo.com:7969 ]
:downloader: [20CDD93C] Could not establish SSL handshake with gs-1.tlopo.com:7969
:express(warning): error:0307A071:bignum routines:BN_rand_range:too many iterations
:express(warning): error:04088003:rsa routines:RSA_setup_blinding:BN lib
:express(warning): error:04066044:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_ENCRYPT:internal error
:express(warning): error:14099006:SSL routines:SSL3_SEND_CLIENT_VERIFY:EVP lib
:downloader: [20CE1354] begin CONNECT [ s://gs-1.tlopo.com:7969 ]
:downloader: [20CE1354] Could not establish SSL handshake with gs-1.tlopo.com:7969
:express(warning): error:0307A071:bignum routines:BN_rand_range:too many iterations
:express(warning): error:04088003:rsa routines:RSA_setup_blinding:BN lib
:express(warning): error:04066044:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_ENCRYPT:internal error
:express(warning): error:14099006:SSL routines:SSL3_SEND_CLIENT_VERIFY:EVP lib

I have managed to at least get my pirate created and levelling a little thanks to my partner letting me use his laptop :)
I so hope this can be resolved, I missed this game sooo much!! Keep up the great work guys and I look forward to being able to spend more time testing the beta <3

Happy Plundering!

LunaStorm

This is strange, I've never seen a log like this before
Oh wonderful...probably will be the last things to looked at if its not a common problem..

Seems to be my registry or something, refusing to connect with the server..but i have now idea how to fix it as win 8.1 dosent let you get in that deep like you used to :(.
But still cant understant it that it plays all other launcher mmorpg games I have downloaded.

The logs from today look like graphical errors
Thats what im fearing too. No updates available for this anymore. Still odd it can play SWOR and burning seas fine and theyre grafics are more defined than this and still a lot going on in frame.
The laptop is about 8yrs old and can run this..i got my pc new 4yrs ago.

Thats what im fearing too. No updates available for this anymore. Still odd it can play SWOR and burning seas fine and theyre grafics are more defined than this and still a lot going on in frame.
The laptop is about 8yrs old and can run this..i got my pc new 4yrs ago.
What windows are you running

I would recommend a clean install and if that fails, go post here. Considering your issue seems very isolated support would be much more beneficial. Good luck amigo!

Back