Weapons Staff of Lava Review

C

Crashalot

While I am still very excited the new famed staves are out, I'll have to admit the performance is lacking.
With a flame skill point of 8 and with an attack power level of 30, the staff sounds quite impressive.
Actual effectiveness of the staff however seems to be well below what the math says it should be.
Since we don't know the exact equation/ratio for the nerfing of staff, it's a bit difficult to calculate what the multiplier is for these new skill powers.
Alas, in practice, regardless of the math, it is abundantly clear the staff lacks true power and is more a symbolic weapon in its current iteration.
Perhaps if staff is ever reset to actual abilities this may change.
The best way to measure performance is to go to the "bridge" on Tormenta and try out various staves and see how many strikes it takes to clear the bridge.
With Juju staff, it took me 3 strikes to clear the bridge with full flame skill. With the the powerful Vile staff, the 3rd staff upgrade quest, it took 3 strikes to clear the bridge on average.
With the Staff of Lava, it took 3 strikes to completely clear the bridge, on average.
While with any of the 3 staffs in question it sometimes would clear the bridge in 2 strikes, the average was 3 strikes to clear it.
And amazingly, on occasion, it would actually take 4 strikes to clear the bridge, even with the Lava staff!
Considering that a strike of flame at the insane level 8 is 60% more powerful than a level 5 blast, one would expect an appreciable and noticeable difference in staves.
Sadly, such is just not the case.
While I love my new famed staff, there's still a long way to go in achieving full, meaningful power with it.

lava staff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back