Star Trek: Federation Legacy

What do you think of the story so far?

• It's excellent! I look forward to reading more.

• It's good, but still needs some work.

• Meh. It's okay.

• I hate it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just got caught up on the journeys of Captain Fredricks, and after 11 episodes, I am left with two thoughts: 1) they are certainly as engaging as most of the Trek episodes I have seen, and I have seen them all, and you are getting better with character development and overall dialog as it progresses. 2) I have finally found the person who uses "Damm" in their stories more often than I do. Kudos, darn it.

The new bartender/councilor character is great, as more problems can be solved sitting on a stool than laying on a couch, an old Irish proverb attests. That probably comes from the fact that there's more barrooms closer to churches than psychiatrist offices. Or so I hear.

I assume you are taking writing courses in school, if you aren't, I would seriously think about it. We need a few good sci fi writers in Hollywood, most of the ones we have now are a bit lacking in quality, save for the Marvel franchise, which kicks Ferengi butt-like head.

I see 12 is now up, I haven't gotten a chance to sit down to read yet, but looking forward to it. Great job, Jason, and keep em coming! More...Ernie...more...Ernie...more...Ernie...
1. Thanks so much, Dream! It means a lot to hear you say this. And yes, I do use "damm" a lot in the story, though it's about the same frequency as in the shows. :p

2. I assume the character you're referring to is Crusoe, who is actually not a new character. I've just never really given him such a large part before.

3. I'm actually studying computer programming in college, and do writing as a hobby. On the flip side, I am noob when it comes to actually reading stuff. :lol1:

4. I definitely intend to do more with Ernie. I've got rough outlines written for the next two episodes; one of which may feature him prominently.

I also believe that episode 12 added more depth to Lenerea and Tala's characters.

"I've barely scratched the surface of understanding basic female emotions." Ah, yes, and wait until you reach Double Jeopardy! where the questions become harder, my dear Mr Wells. Another very good chapter, Jason, and that gave me a laugh, please keep writing.

The Gorn. What a great choice, and glad to ssssee them in a reoccurring role. I remember the three episodes that left the biggest impression on me growing up (as in laughing) were, The Gorn, Lincoln flying through space in his chair, and the Liberace guy playing his magical piano. Amazing stuff, even for those crazy sixties shows.

Good luck with the computer courses, but unfortunately that means we'll be stuck watching stink bombs like "Interstellar" for a while longer. My God, I think I fell asleep fourteen times watching that near three hour train wreck. Anyhow, thanks for sharing this entertaining story with us!

The next two chapters are here! (Note that these contain some mild adult themes)

Ch. 13: "Skirmish"

Summary:
Two months after the events at Celes and the Briar Patch, the crew of the USS Leviathan is sent to the Donatu system to discover why the True Way Alliance has been spotted there.

Ch. 14: "What Lies Beneath"

Summary:
Franklin Drake sends the USS Leviathan to Drozana Station to determine the whereabouts of a Section 31 operative there and gather more information on the Devidian presence in the area.

Last edited:
A little behind in my "Likes" on this, my bad. If you are a Trek fan, or just like a good story, you should give this saga a read, it's very well written. Make some time, it's worth it.

Ch. 15: "Everything Old Is New"

Summary:
Jason Fredricks and Tala Jones find themselves trapped on Drozana Station nearly 150 years in the past. In the present, their crewmates formulate a plan to stop the Devidians and rescue them before it's too late.

It's been 2 1/2 years since I published the first chapter, and I'm really hoping to finish the first volume by the end of the year (got 6 more to go)! Anyways, hope y'all enjoy this one.

@Dreamcatcher

Last edited:
As usual, another engaging, and very enjoyable chapter, Jason. Nice to know there are six more to go in the season. I suppose I can wait... watches as Mr Data's cat "Spot" coughs up a virtual hairball, while awaiting patiently.

And again, I urge all who enjoy a well written and fun read to give this series a look, if you like the Star Trek franchise, you won't be disappointed.

As usual, another engaging, and very enjoyable chapter, Jason. Nice to know there are six more to go in the season. I suppose I can wait... watches as Mr Data's cat "Spot" coughs up a virtual hairball, while awaiting patiently.

And again, I urge all who enjoy a well written and fun read to give this series a look, if you like the Star Trek franchise, you won't be disappointed.
Thanks! I know you had been asking me to do a chapter that had more of Ernie, so I'm hopeful you were satisfied. Charlie Morgan also got a bit of development, as I finally decided on what to do with his character. :)

Lieutenant Ernie ... it just seems to roll off the tongue. I am always confused with the timelines on Klingons as friend or foe, but I think that is from watching more NG than the original these days. Or perhaps I just confuse easily. "That is a very distinct possibility." Um, yes, thank you Mr Data.

I like the Kardok character, he fits well to the story, and I am hoping that he comes around for dinner now and again. Elisa Flores should be an interesting one to develop also, as I would bet a Ferengi latinum bar there's more hiding in her closet than shoes. Good chapter Jason, thanks again and keep writing!

Aye, Captain. I have to change the oil and rotate the energy field in the dilithium crystal housing unit first, or the ship blows up. Which would void the 100,000 light year warranty, and seeing as "Q" is our insurance rep, we'd be screwed. I'll get on it ASAP, ty.

This episode apparently reveals three things about our eventual future:

1) We still don't call our parents enough.
2) Romulan desserts sound a lot like "adult marital aids." ("Oh, my...")
3) There is little hope that we will ever stop bumping into things while walking and texting.

Great chapter Jason, it was interesting looking into the mind of a young Ernie. Although, for a minute I thought you were about to "red shirt" him, and I was going to have to go all Sulu on you. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it can't be a good thing. Thanks for another good read, and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Back