Discussion Star Wars Battlefront II

Are you hyped for Battlefront II?

• YES!!!!

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
I know this may be really early, but I decided to make a thread about the new Star Wars Battlefront game, because the trailer really hyped me up! Considering the previous game was such a disappointment, hopefully this one can make amends!

For those of you who missed it, the new reveal trailer!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

My own personal points, about what I want to see, and what I'm happy about:
What we saw from the trailer:
  • Happy to see a campaign mode. Interested to see where that leads. Seems to be in between the Empire and First Order timeline. Follows an elite Stormtrooper named Iden
  • The three era system is back! Looks like we have the Clone Wars, Galactic Empire, and First Order!
  • Obvious portrayal of Galactic Conquest and Conquest game modes
  • Tauntaun mounts (Pretty hyped for these, personally)
  • Epic Space battles!
  • Lots more control over space craft. Not just fighters anymore, much more use for artillery and anti-aircraft weaponry on ships.
What I want to see:
  • More game, less DLC (Though it probably won't happen, we are talking about DICE, after all)
  • Same game mechanics as in Battlefront 1 (I, quite frankly, liked the mechanics in Battlefront I, didn't like the rest of the game though)
  • Have the Heroes vs Villains game mode be a complete, all out fight between Heroes and Villains, instead of 3 Heroes randomly assigned to each team
  • Have heroes and villains be on a countdown in the conquest gamemode, like in the old games. This prevents the long and annoying kill streaks, and allows other players to experience the battle as heroes more frequently.
  • Classes (officer, support, assault, etc. Kinda like the Battlefield 1 squad system)
  • Split Screen
  • Single Player/Custom Server Modding (Just kidding.)
  • Not making heroes from the Last Jedi Movie a Pre-Order gift.
  • Piloting frigates in space

This is just a short list, I probably missed a lot. Feel free to discuss!

I agree with John Darkseas. As a Battlefront fan, I would much prefer a Battlefront II(2005) remaster. The trailer does look promising, but I'm holding out until we get a full list of content+features. Judging by what has already been revealed, the game is headed on the right track.

Whoever made this trailer is fully aware of how much everyone wants the massive and epic battles between the Republic and the droids. They know it and are just BARELY teasing it. Grrrrrrr

I was on Twitter yesterday and a guy said "2015 Battlefront is waaayyyy better than 2005 Battlefront II." I was like: :laugh:

I love the original battlefront games. have them on PC, PS2, and Xbox.... Don't judge me. lol. Anyway, I might want the new battlefront 2, but the thing is, the only DRM that the original battlefront games had, was you needed a key to install the game. I really hate DRM in video games. If the new battlefront 2 is any good I'd consider it, provided that its not an online only thing like the original titanfall.

On a side note that is still related, why is it so much to ask a dev to include a dedicated server that we run? Dedicated servers used to me that the players ran them like for the older games. now, a dedicated server to the devs is a server only they provide... to do what? Nothing but make it harder on the players. At least Modern Warfare 3 came with a real dedicated server.

Back to the topic at hand, I actually thought this was going to be about the original battlefront 2. It's a great game and was kinda hoping someone had setup a server for it xD

Back