State of the game

Robert Darkrage

Notorious Pirate
I want to start saying what a tremendous job you have done reviving this game which has a deep sentimental value for all of us.
Reviving the game it's a true statement to the passion behind it, developers and players alike.
Regarding the state of the game - I believe it would be beneficial for the game and community to hear the developers voice, a forum thread with future game plans and updates on a weekly or maybe monthly basis unfolding the future game plans stages and implementation.
It would eliminate a lot of guessing, rumors and build communication.
Just to summarize, I have heard and seen a lot of questions like:
Is anyone looking to improve the loot?
Are we going to get an extension to the game play beyond 3 hours?
Are we going to get more in game beta keys?
When is the game moving to open beta?
When will be the game released to the public?
When will be the Raven's Cove Story Quest implemented and therefore the cursed weapons released?
Those are just a few, probably nobody has all the answers and everyone is pretty busy, but I think key is to start and then build on that, it would help keeping the communication open.

Drink up me hearties yoho …a pirates life for me!

Last edited:
I am no staff member or developer but answering these based on what I think is logically and seeing how far they've gotten and predicting the answers to your question.

Is anyone looking to improve the loot?
What do you exactly mean by that? The possibly of increasing the chances of getting legendary and famed weapons? As far as I know, the algorithm of looting is the same as POTCO.
Are we going to get an extension to the game play beyond 3 hours?
Probably not, the 3 hours is a perfect time for someone to get a good hours in the game.
Are we going to get more in game beta keys?
There is a contest going on right now and probably more that will happen.
When is the game moving to open beta?
Undetermined, just try to be patient, its good enough we are actually able to play semi-open beta.
When will be the game released to the public?
Hopefully soon, but just try to be patient.
When will be the Raven's Cove Story Quest implemented and therefore the cursed weapons released?
Not sure, but probably soon.

Most of these questions occur other places too so I imagine staff have to answer them 24/7, but I tried my best to answer them to the best of my ability.

Back