Guide Stephen’s Advanced Guide to Looting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Teague

Pirate Lord
Hi there, since everyone has their own guide on how they click their mouse (in an advanced way of course), I decided to make one as well. Here are my steps:

1. Find a spot
2. Loot it till your hand hurts or you die of boredom
3. Reap your rewards
4. Repeat all day, everyday

Also, be careful of expert looters that give you advice, many are not on speaking terms with their parents after ignoring calls for dinner while looting in their basement.

I'm just gonna say it, it's really not professional for a game's staff to mock its own playerbase for disagreeing with them and jumping to the "oh they just waste their life gaming all day" strawman for a quick laugh. You're supposed to be the mediators of the community's arguments, not the provokers of them.

I'm just gonna say it, it's really not professional for a game's staff to mock its own playerbase for disagreeing with them and jumping to the "oh they just waste their life gaming all day" strawman for a quick laugh. You're supposed to be the mediators of the community's arguments, not the provokers of them.
This thread is purely satire, surely staff can engage in satire

Well I hate to break it to you but most of the playerbase look up to the staff as an example. It's okay to make jokes as staff but specifically throwing shade at people like Beggar isn't okay. I don't see the staff of other remakes like Toontown Rewritten ever doing that.
I don’t recall throwing shade at Beggar, I was merely making a satire thread around the whole self help looting threads

I don’t recall throwing shade at Beggar, I was merely making a satire thread around the whole self help looting threads
After mysteriously debating Beggar yesterday? And what about "Also, be careful of expert looters that give you advice, many are not on speaking terms with their parents after ignoring calls for dinner while looting in their basement"? Even if "expert looters" are looting in their basement all day, it's your game so you should show a bit more respect.

Well I hate to break it to you but most of the playerbase look up to the staff as an example. It's okay to make jokes as staff but specifically throwing shade at people like Beggar isn't okay. I don't see the staff of other remakes like Toontown Rewritten ever doing that.
Regarding your last point: I have played TTR for years and have yet to interface with their staff on any public media. Where does that happen exactly, sound like I am missing out on a golden opportunity!

This thread is purely satire, surely staff can engage in satire
Mockery is more like it. This post is a beat-for-beat ridicule of one of my own: https://piratesforums.co/threads/beggars-guide-to-advanced-looting.26786/.

It’s a shame that the staff have lowered themselves to this level of immaturity and pettiness. I’ve always admired the team for their commitment to professional standards, but I guess that’s gone out the window in favor of targeted attacks aimed at specific players.

Doesn’t the community ignite their own arguments though?

Regarding your last point: I have played TTR for years and have yet to interface with their staff on any public media. Where does that happen exactly, sound like I am missing out on a golden opportunity!
My memory is blurry if you are or were once staff of any TLOPO medium, but don't considering tampering with TTR's staff. The last thing we need to go at war with them. Let them mind their business, they probably have it just as rough as some of the TLOPO devs do in terms of negative feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back