Stop Complaining

Pirate Guy

Pirate Apprentice
Hello,

I've noticed a new trend in POTCO, and not a good one: Complaining. For some reason, you cannot go anywhere without hearing people moan about "I've only gotten X famed since I got here", "I only have 20 of the cursed blades", "A skull should have a 5% drop for legendary", and many, MANY more.

Frankly, this is mind-boggling. Looting isn't supposed to be easy. The rarest weapons in the game aren't supposed to be a cake walk to find. I'm not sure, even with the devs adding many more famed/legendary/brights (which should and has increased the amount dropped), why people cannot be grateful for what they have.

Back in the old days, it was known to be rare to EVER find a legendary cursed. I know people who played for years and never found one. I myself looted almost every day for two years and acquired one legendary cursed, and maybe 10 famed cursed.

Point is, looting is hard. If it were easy, everyone would have every legendary and the game wouldn't be fun. Instead of weeping that you "only" have certain weapons, take solace in knowing that is an accomplishment, and any famed is a treat.

Complaining is not new in any way. It's been here since the beginning. Among looters, pvp players, whoever, however you seem to be fixed on looters here so we'll use that. I personally do not know anyone who thinks looting is "hard." In terms of an activity it is objectively easy, the main variable being that you just need time, a lot of it. I do agree that people complain too much, however it's always been like this, even in POTCO.

Adding new items like new legendaries, for instance, does not increase the drop rate %. If you found people are finding more legendaries recently, then they shouldn't be complaining, but they are. This means that they are either 1. Selfish, 2. The legendary chance has remained the same, 3. More players are looting and finding legendaries, which is good for the games longevity.
Adding new items increases the pool of items which you can find, but the chance has remained the same. Perhaps people are complaining not because they are selfish, but because the legendaries they do want are harder to find now because there are just so many of them? (same principle applies to famed and brights.)

Most people do take solace in the fact that it is an accomplishment to complete collections and find new items - that's precisely why they loot. It's just that, particularly among veteran looters, finding 10 silver freezes on one boss when you just want Ruby or whatever gets very annoying. It's the nature of the game, and anyone has the propensity to complain when they get tired of finding what they don't want.

Yea it's really just the low drop chance of high rarity items. People don't like endless grinds with no end in site and super low chances, but that's how it be. I'm not advocating for making it easier to get, but the side effect of exclusive items left to chance is complaining. Honestly, complaining about people complaining is kind of the same and doesn't really have an effect, just saying... the number of complainers hasn't decreased, only increased by 1 here.

Maybe a good way to chill it out just a tad bit would be to add much more unique rare and famed items so that mid-level players and even higher-lvl players can be more happy with those.

Drops are drops, it just sucks for some people who grind for hours for nothing but it happens so what are ya gonna do-

Back