Question Stupid/Silly question but general concern

C

Captain Midori

I was wondering if it's possible for my character to be glitched into not finding legendary weapons. Now I know this sounds really stupid but I am starting to think something is up. I have been looting for a few months now almost everyday for a few hours at a time for the intent of finding a legendary weapon, maxed 2 pirates and I have yet to see a legendary weapon. I don't quite understand how my luck could be that bad but maybe it is...

Continue killing, just a theory, but i think the amount you kill may play a role, ofc ik it is rng, but like I said just a theory I have from my observations. GL and just have patience. Your probabilty in getting one can only bring you closer, eventually you will get one. Hopefully it is soon for you... :)

I have only gotten one on two different pirates. They are very very hard to get. But I know we hear of people saying they get multiples and I don't know how they do it.

You are not alone
No luck for me either
Have been trying trying and trying
Not even a soul for red item
Two of my mastered
None of them

Supposedly it's all random. I'm not so sure about that, at all.

I was wondering if it's possible for my character to be glitched into not finding legendary weapons. Now I know this sounds really stupid but I am starting to think something is up. I have been looting for a few months now almost everyday for a few hours at a time for the intent of finding a legendary weapon, maxed 2 pirates and I have yet to see a legendary weapon. I don't quite understand how my luck could be that bad but maybe it is...
Over a year, and a 5 month maxed pirate and none ever. There's something I'm missing because I don't think it's entirely just my luck.
Even with the newest update and massive skulls compared to before, I see way too many other people getting multiples while I'm dry.
I don't have potions maxed, but I see others with a bunch of stuff not maxed getting multi's.
At this point, I basically don't even think about it any more. Skulls don't even excite me either like they used to.

btw- all quests are maxed out as well. All except a few PVP quests.

It's completely random. You do get more frequent loot drops from enemies with red-colored names, so I'd stick with those guys if you haven't been already.

You are probably doing nothing wrong, the statistical chance of getting a legendary is just very very low. Take a look at this chart over here.
chart-png.103858

This chart shows the drop rate of legendary weapons in different loot containers . (Note, these are the drop rates from POTCO not TLOPO, however TLOPO should have similar drop rates if not the same.) You only have a 0.08% chance of getting a legendary from a loot skull chest, that's how hard it is. Statistically speaking, the more you loot, the more likely you are of getting a legendary, but remember, at the end of the day nothing is guaranteed. Some people may loot long hours for months and get nothing, while others may login, loot for 10min and be lucky enough to get a legendary.

Continue killing, just a theory, but i think the amount you kill may play a role, ofc ik it is rng, but like I said just a theory I have from my observations. GL and just have patience. Your probabilty in getting one can only bring you closer, eventually you will get one. Hopefully it is soon for you... :)
I have wonderd about that too. I have a feeling that there are conditions that you need to meet before you get anything in this game and many of the conditions are hidden and not understood by the community in general.

You are probably doing nothing wrong, the statistical chance of getting a legendary is just very very low. Take a look at this chart over here.
chart-png.103858

This chart shows the drop rate of legendary weapons in different loot containers . (Note, these are the drop rates from POTCO not TLOPO, however TLOPO should have similar drop rates if not the same.) You only have a 0.08% chance of getting a legendary from a loot skull chest, that's how hard it is. Statistically speaking, the more you loot, the more likely you are of getting a legendary, but remember, at the end of the day nothing is guaranteed. Some people may loot long hours for months and get nothing, while others may login, loot for 10min and be lucky enough to get a legendary.
all well and good. How do you explain all the dupes and multies by many people. Are they all lying?
Because the inverse is also true, if my luck is so bad with zero, what makes yours with 3 or four legendary in less time playing than I so GOOD?

chart-png.103858

Your mileage may vary. Or it may not. :treasure:

No. Your chances of getting a legendary are the same as everyone else. You just have had pretty bad luck, unfortunately.

Against popular belief, there is no "trick" or "method" to gain an advantage in looting. Every guide ever posted by anyone in the community, including some from the most popular looters, do not work. The best way to find a legendary is to just loot constantly; the more loot containers you open, you statistically will find one at some point throughout.

If you ever find something good in your loot, or come across something you otherwise like, taking that item will not decrease your chances of finding another legendary. Debunking another myth: if you swap servers you won't get better loot. All servers run the exact same looting code. This means you will have the same exact chance of finding a legendary weapon on Abassa as you do on Valor.

I am no loot master by far but are you maybe one who clears cache each time they log in? or uses same weapon say grenades? or loots same spot every time? I have gotten probably almost dozen SF sailing though not as many sense few updates back when loot really slowed down, so legendary not just from ravens and tormenta. All I can suggest is switch it up, try a different weapon class once in while, island or foe, server and don't always loot, help others on their way to plunder. Oh and it dont hurt to do a few of those potions now and then just to make bit progress
"Hint"and don't keep the junk let it go. lol Happy hunting and remember when you least expect it bam there you are.

I am no loot master by far but are you maybe one who clears cache each time they log in? or uses same weapon say grenades? or loots same spot every time? I have gotten probably almost dozen SF sailing though not as many sense few updates back when loot really slowed down, so legendary not just from ravens and tormenta. All I can suggest is switch it up, try a different weapon class once in while, island or foe, server and don't always loot, help others on their way to plunder. Oh and it dont hurt to do a few of those potions now and then just to make bit progress
"Hint"and don't keep the junk let it go. lol Happy hunting and remember when you least expect it bam there you are.
- Weapon type has no effect on the loot you get. If you can defeat more enemies faster using grenades than sword, use grenades. It's all a numbers game, the more enemies you kill the more likely you are to find a legendary (more kills = more loot chests = more chances of finding a legendary)
- Clearing the cache won't effect anything either.
- Looting in the same spot won't effect anything.
- Having a potion effect on your char won't increase your chances of finding a legendary, although that's a pretty neat idea for the future.
- Keeping 'junk' loot has no effect on anything. It makes absolutely no difference if you leave loot in the chest or take the loot.

- Weapon type has no effect on the loot you get. If you can defeat more enemies faster using grenades than sword, use grenades. It's all a numbers game, the more enemies you kill the more likely you are to find a legendary (more kills = more loot chests = more chances of finding a legendary)
- Clearing the cache won't effect anything either.
- Looting in the same spot won't effect anything.
- Having a potion effect on your char won't increase your chances of finding a legendary, although that's a pretty neat idea for the future.
- Keeping 'junk' loot has no effect on anything. It makes absolutely no difference if you leave loot in the chest or take the loot.
Thanks Mike for all the information. How long ago did you break from the game? Do you feel they made progress since?

Back