Suggestion Suggestions for Personalizing Your Pirate

Leonhard Bosch

Sea Legs
Hello, my name is Leonhard Bosch. I have multiple ideas I've compiled below I'd love to have the TLOPO devs seriously consider adding into the game. I would deeply appreciate your feedback, and other ideas you may have to add to mine.

• More hairstyles/facial hair: this can include popular hairstyles of the colonial time period, wigs like the ones that were used as a symbol of higher societal status in the 18th century, and more facial hair options as well. Additionally, coloring hair and eyebrows should be independent from one another (IE: white hair and black eyebrows).
  • Eye-patches: historically, pirates used eye-patches because they constantly would move up and down from the top of their ship where it was bright and sunny, into the hull where it was dank and shrouded in darkness. Their eyes constantly adjusting to differing levels of light became frustrating, so they donned eye-patches in order to combat this. When above, one eye was covered. When below, the other eye was covered. It is honestly baffling how Disney did not incorporate this into POTCO somehow, seeing as there are character in the Pirates of the Caribbean films who wear an eye-patch. There should be options to wear one on either eye, and perhaps on both for comedic effect.
  • Glasses: People didn't have very good eyesight, so glasses became a necessity for many. I'm sure there were a handful of pirates who wore eyeglasses to help them see in their day-to-day activities.
  • Discontinued clothing items: I previously suggested these in a post I made a few weeks ago. Items such as the Dealer Shirt, which had been discontinued many years ago on POTCO, should be re-implemented in order to provide more options to compile a more stylish wardrobe for your pirate. Additionally, the ancient system of being able to color any clothing any color should be implemented (IE: being able to color the Embellished Vest gray, dark blue, dark red, brown, dark yellow, etc).
  • Pets: there were parrots in the phase files, and it would be very interesting to be able to have a companion to squawk on your shoulder while you looted. Other pets could also be implemented such as dogs, cats, or even alligators!
TLOPO devs/staff, if you are reading this, I implore you to consider my suggestions for future development plans.

Thank you for reading, and may you have a blessed day.

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Leonhard Bosch. I have multiple ideas I've compiled below I'd love to have the TLOPO devs seriously consider adding into the game. I would deeply appreciate your feedback, and other ideas you may have to add to mine.

• More hairstyles/facial hair: this can include popular hairstyles of the colonial time period, wigs like the ones that were used as a symbol of higher societal status in the 18th century, and more facial hair options as well. Additionally, coloring hair and eyebrows should be independent from one another (IE: white hair and black hair).
  • Eye-patches: historically, pirates used eye-patches because they constantly would move up and down from the top of their ship where it was bright and sunny, into the hull where it was dank and shrouded in darkness. Their eyes constantly adjusting to differing levels of light became frustrating, so they donned eye-patches in order to combat this. When above, one eye was covered. When below, the other eye was covered. It is honestly baffling how Disney did not incorporate this into POTCO somehow, seeing as there are character in the Pirates of the Caribbean films who wear an eye-patch. There should be options to wear one on either eye, and perhaps on both for comedic effect.
  • Glasses: People didn't have very good eyesight, so glasses became a necessity for many. I'm sure there were a handful of pirates who wore eyeglasses to help them see in their day-to-day activities.
  • Discontinued clothing items: I previously suggested these in a post I made a few weeks ago. Items such as the Dealer Shirt, which had been discontinued many years ago on POTCO, should be re-implemented in order to provide more options to compile a more stylish wardrobe for your pirate. Additionally, the ancient system of being able to color any clothing any color should be implemented (IE: being able to color the Embellished Vest gray, dark blue, dark red, brown, dark yellow, etc).
  • Pets: there were parrots in the phase files, and it would be very interesting to be able to have a companion to squawk on your shoulder while yed
TLOPO devs/staff, if you are reading this, I implore you to consider my suggestions for future development plans.

Thank you for reading, and may you have a blessed day.[/QUOTE

14028.jpg

。◕‿◕。 this hair from @Jezzy is (⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚magics!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
♡ ✧・゚: *✧・゚♡: *✧♡ ❤⃛ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ ) hai!!! ♡・゚:* ♡ *✧・゚: *✧・゚♡

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿ even @John Foulroberts has glasses sometimes (●´∀`●)ブハハハ!*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚
13912800_1074709952611798_5128998605812991054_n.jpg
☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

♡ ★☆。.:*:・”゚★ ε(*´・∀・)з♪ βyёβyёs ♪ε(・∀・`*)з★。.:*:・”☆★♡
ღ ☆゚.*・。゚♥ dreamy princess ♥☆゚.*・。゚ღ

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with most of what you suggested. For pet's, parrots make sense but the other pets don't see to fit well in my opinion (especially alligator). If parrots are implemented, it would be nice if there were all sorts of different (realistic) colors to pick from. Also, wouldn't the coloring system for clothes ruin the fun of looting nice clothes that others can't get unless they do the same? We need more hair colors as well. My character has dullish medium brown hair. I wish there were dark brown hair.

I really love the idea of pets and I don't think any creature should be excluded, my pirate name is Scorpion so of course I want a pet Scorpion, there should be pet versions of everything, parrots, Scorpions, Spiders, Alligators, Cats, Dogs, Monkeys, Crabs, why not even Turtles? This is the Caribbean after all.

Agree with most of what you suggested. For pet's, parrots make sense but the other pets don't see to fit well in my opinion (especially alligator). If parrots are implemented, it would be nice if there were all sorts of different (realistic) colors to pick from. Also, wouldn't the coloring system for clothes ruin the fun of looting nice clothes that others can't get unless they do the same? We need more hair colors as well. My character has dullish medium brown hair. I wish there were dark brown hair.
There's already a coloring system but I believe its a glitch and it hasn't made people not want to loot in fact I think they should bring back store clothes that were once brights like celtic trousers being able to be the lavender color or maybe those bright blue circus breechers, those might just make people want to continue looting

Eyewear like patches monocle and most of all glass eyes (hey we've seen a thing or two) would be great along with additional hairstyles if I had to choose out of all the suggestions. I'd love to have the ability to show all that my pirates are much more battle hardened than they may seem with eyewear ;)

More African hairstyles (afros, braids, cornrows, etc.)! It seems pretty strange that they give us so many skin color options, and yet almost - or indeed, none of the hairstyle options offer anything to do with typical African hair.

There should be dyes that you somehow obtain to dye pre-existing purchased or looted clothing. Peddler items cannot be dyed, however.

• More hairstyles/facial hair: this can include popular hairstyles of the colonial time period, wigs like the ones that were used as a symbol of higher societal status in the 18th century, and more facial hair options as well. Additionally, coloring hair and eyebrows should be independent from one another (IE: white hair and black eyebrows).
  • Pets: there were parrots in the phase files, and it would be very interesting to be able to have a companion to squawk on your shoulder while you looted. Other pets could also be implemented such as dogs, cats, or even alligators!

Thank you for reading, and may you have a blessed day.
I would love any of this to come to the game.

Back