Sure, I'll Write That...

William Sunshot

Honorable Pirate
Ok, help me procrastinate!

Give me an idea for a short story (short = not the Tale of William Sunshot) that I can bang out in a post, and I'll do it. No idea is too strange/absurd!

Ok, help me procrastinate!

Give me an idea for a short story (short = not the Tale of William Sunshot) that I can bang out in a post, and I'll do it. No idea is too strange/absurd!

reptiles that eat small dogs

cats that walk dogs and then when they are really musculer they eat them

little people who ride big people like horses

A story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a pirate eating a possum taco.

A story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a guy writing a story about a pirate eating a possum taco.
Hm i got lost at the third. Story about a guy writing a story.

..... ONE WORD ........................................................ armadillos

There was a sharp scratching sound outside my tent. I woke, unsure of what it was, but slightly nervous nonetheless; it never paid to be too careful around these parts. I pulled my blanket off of me and grabbed a flashlight, this one steel, from Sharper Image. I looked out the flap of my tent to see what it was, perhaps a small animal of some sort?

I unzipped the flap quietly and turned on the light. A small armored face looked back at me, quite puzzled as to what this small Sun was shining in its face. It squeaked once, and ran off.

Sighing at the armadillo, I walked out of the tent and over to my pack for some food. It was almost time to be up anyway. I looked over to where my pack stood up against a post and sighed. The armadillo had taken more than an hour or two of sleep from me.

It had taken my food too.

I N C E P T I O N

You should write a story about a guy writing a story!

So I'm sitting here banging away on this black MacBook, hoping to high heaven that a good story comes out. My competition has recently overtaken me (bah!) and I'm motivated to put in a good chapter. My fingers fly across the keyboard as streams of thought come out onto the page, though nothing really sticks for me.

Suddenly, an idea.

I'll make a short sentence in a one-liner for suspense or a plot twist, both perhaps. The twist is one they'll never see coming, so I'll have a short explanation of it in the next chapter, but in the meantime...

...I'm actually you!

So I'm sitting here banging away on this black MacBook, hoping to high heaven that a good story comes out. My competition has recently overtaken me (bah!) and I'm motivated to put in a good chapter. My fingers fly across the keyboard as streams of thought come out onto the page, though nothing really sticks for me.

Suddenly, an idea.

I'll make a short sentence in a one-liner for suspense or a plot twist, both perhaps. The twist is one they'll never see coming, so I'll have a short explanation of it in the next chapter, but in the meantime...

...I'm actually you!
I like that idea wait no thats the story I love it its genus. Hmmm I wonder who gave you that idea idk but he or she must have been very smart. lol

No really good story mate!

Thanks, Rose, for picking this back up ... I had been waiting on William to make me a story, then I forgot about it (and he got busy and now he's gone to China for a couple of months). So, I'd say, it doesn't have to be William; whoever feels like they are capable of creating us stories out of bits and pieces like those up there, please do so.
We'll keep this thread alive!
... Hint, hint, Basil, John, Capt. Fear, Chris and all awesome writers out there ... ;)

Back