SvS SVS Tactics and Bounty

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear that neither the staff or community is interested in having legit svs or meaningful svs or PvP rank system. Good riddance.

Yeah my man, no worries! It's just a matter in the fact that some people would consider this to be one of those "Work Smarter, Not Harder" mentalities Vs. others that support "This is the respectable way, Should be the only way" kind of mentalities.

The first side seeks to find the quickest and most efficient route in obtaining the gold, and sacrifice the experience they could be gaining in SVS by doing it the "legit" way - but finding it a ton less time consuming (in which they will still need to deal with the time taken to level up and get materials to get anything good + as well as time to obtain SVS experience if they want to stop getting sunk).

The second side is working hard to obtain their gold the "legit" way, and sacrifice the opportunity to do it a faster way, and still have the added addition - of course - of what they will have to go through to level up and gain materials as well, But obtaining that SVS experience ahead of time is the payoff for them (like the time that players doing "bounty trading" would be able to save and get the gold, would be their payoff).

Those doing it the "legit" way will already be able to jump the gun and start sinking away other players in SVS once they get their ships in the longer run (or rather with the skill they obtain - they might not even need a good ship to sink those who do - in which introduced the light sloop argument) in comparison to the other individuals who still have to figure out all the tips and tricks to get good SVS results - the tips and tricks the guys with experience already know.
Okay. So are you implying to break the rules, bypass normal constraints and short circuit and skip 'legit' steps is the smart way and doing it 'legit' is the dumb way? This is the right way, wrong way argument that is so difficult to phantom. In a fully released game, this technique probably wouldn't be available playing by the rules and normal constraints.
'Jump the gun'? People brag about getting all their mats in mere days due to guild help or other pals, or working the world edge. Yet another 'smart' technique involving shortcuts. Then gaining all the gold needed in hours and this isn't jumping the gun on anyone who is not so smart and actually playing in real time without alts?

The developers looking the other way while people game the system is their business, but to openly say that squatting in port and in collusion sinking the same friend over and over to gain access to something you couldn't get in that short of a time period isn't exploiting the game is plain disingenuous to us dumb people who actually care about fair play.
I'm not going to go in circles with this either. You have a right to your opinion and even to express it again against my comments.
I'm under no obligation to continue in the debate. I'm not trying to make it personal, but too many people play that card too.
So I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. My comments were about how one gains advantages in game and not specifically svs, so I'm off topic and will stop.

GL

My POTCO experience (because I 'want' to be open and transparent as possible):
  • Game mechanics of POTCO, and therefore TLOPO (unless fixed), has natural loopholes/short cuts to which every pirate can take advantage of if they so choose
  • During POTCO, I took advantage of the "End of the World" glitch boosting not only my mats but also gold and my sailing skills/ranking. (It took my friend @Rannulf to convince me that this was 'unfair' way to play the game so I then stopped)
  • On my Shamus, I took advantage of the infamous "poker or blackjack" (GOLD) glitch to which Disney ended up patching because of the popularity of pirates gaining excessive GOLD, from it. (On account of the above ^ GOLD glitch, my Shamus had the 'freedom' to advance light-years beyond what my original/main pirate had in so far as notoriety, skill level [for weapons/ship upgrades], and time)
  • Briefly, I took advantage of the acquiring of GOLD through the SVS bounty trading loophole
What I had learned is that the addition of GOLD acquired (by way of these natural 'loopholes') permitted myself an_advantage over other players whom either did not know themselves or choose not to participate in the practice of them. *Let's be clear about this, savvy?

To be honest, you mates are holding an opinion (for or against) something to which is only Disney's fault - no one else's. So with that is both the truth and the acknowledgement that in a game, very much so as in real Life, he or she whom holds the most $ or GOLD has an "advantage" over others whom do not have the same level of resources. Is this unfair? Well...it depends upon the way those resources were earned! If you agree, as the majority of the way society does, by the earning of "your OWN stuff" by your OWN two hands and feet (as opposed to taking advantage of the system itself in a way to which was not intended) you are more apt to accept the fact that bounty trading in SVS/privateering is wrong. As such, I agree with @tiberias because in hindsight the main set of skills (or resources) you acquire from SVS legitimately are the advancement of sailing maneuvers and tactics...not physical resources, since those types of resources should have been *earned prior* to any SVS participation (being SVS is an 'advanced' form of sailing provided by the devs in-game separate from plundering).

A TLOPO pirate acquiring "resources" via SVS BOUNTY TRADING alone is, and will always be, the taking advantage of the game mechanics system as unintended loophole.

Last edited by a moderator:
My POTCO experience (because I 'want' to be open and transparent as possible):
  • Game mechanics of POTCO, and therefore TLOPO (unless fixed), has natural loopholes/short cuts to which every pirate can take advantage of if they so choose
  • During POTCO, I took advantage of the "End of the World" glitch boosting not only my mats but also gold and my sailing skills/ranking. (It took my friend @Rannulf to convince me that this was 'unfair' way to play the game so I then stopped)
  • On my Shamus, I took advantage of the infamous "poker or blackjack" (GOLD) glitch to which Disney ended up patching because of the popularity of pirates gaining excessive GOLD, from it. (On account of the above ^ GOLD glitch, my Shamus had the 'freedom' to advance light-years beyond what my original/main pirate had in so far as notoriety, skill level [for weapons/ship upgrades], and time)
  • Briefly, I took advantage of the acquiring of GOLD through the SVS bounty trading loophole
What I had learned is that the addition of GOLD acquired (by way of these natural 'loopholes') permitted myself an_advantage over other players whom either did not know themselves or choose not to participate in the practice of them. *Let's be clear about this, savvy?

To be honest, you mates are holding an opinion (for or against) something to which is only Disney's fault - no one else's. So with that is both the truth and the acknowledgement that in a game, very much so as in real Life, he or she whom holds the most $ or GOLD has an "advantage" over others whom do not have the same level of resources. Is this unfair? Well...it depends upon the way those resources were earned! If you agree, as the majority of the way society does, by the earning of "your OWN stuff" by your OWN two hands and feet (as opposed to taking advantage of the system itself in a way to which was not intended) you are more apt to accept the fact that bounty trading in SVS/privateering is wrong. As such, I agree with @tiberias because in hindsight the main set of skills (or resources) you acquire from SVS legitimately are the advancement of sailing maneuvers and tactics...not physical resources, since those types of resources should have been *earned prior* to any SVS participation (being SVS is an 'advanced' form of sailing provided by the devs in-game separate from plundering).

A TLOPO pirate acquiring "resources" via SVS BOUNTY TRADING alone is, and will always be, the taking advantage of the game mechanics system as unintended loophole.

Wow that's a lot of honesty and I will publicly apologize for every dismissive and mean thing I have ever said to you.

I will cop to giving young pirates gold to afford their non light class via poker. I have never gotten gold in this way for myself and never used it to recruit people into my guild. I do think poker is different in that the money gotten there was earned legitimately in the first place and it also takes skill to run the table. Many a pirate has lost all their money trying to do it.

The issue is really we are fighting for the very "soul" of the game. People arguing for bounty trading on this thread aren't just doing it to get gold themselves. They bring out fleets of ships to cheat and protect ships that are trading bounty. They use the trading bounty mechanic to recruit people into their guilds and retain them. I have been fighting them single handedly, often taking on as many as 6 players by myself to interfere with their bounty trading. Even with those odds 90% of the time I can make them port before they are finished and I almost never get sunk.

I have discovered another group of people who use bounty trading in SVS to raise gold and then use the poker table to transfer it. I suspect they are selling the gold for real money to people who don't know how to earn it. That's why its ridiculous that the staff shouldn't be interested in reports of gold farming in svs. Its possibly a business opportunity for people to make real money off of the game. If Disney found out about this it could lead to the closure of the game. The staff saying outright that my reports are not helpful is very telling and has caused me to loose all faith in them.

It was very disheartening to find a TLOPO staff member actually encouraging people to trade bounty in this thread by announcing that they will not punish anyone for it. I never asked them to ban anyone for it. Just the possibility that you might get banned for it was enough to keep people from doing it. This announcement is equal to encouragement.

If they want an entire player base that engages in trading bounty for gold they are well on their way there and now the staff is complicit. The terms of service are clear and now a staff member is in violation of them since they are encouraging people to do it. There is no legitimacy in this game. There is no professionalism, just cronyism.

Okay @tiberias, let me address each paragraph of your post one-by-one. See if we can't exchange a mutual feeling here.

Whether through PM, Imgur, or things of that nature, I would like to see evidence to the following claims. Don't worry, take your time:
  • They bring out fleets of ships to cheat and protect ships that are trading bounty.
  • They use the trading bounty mechanic to recruit people into their guilds and retain them.
  • I have discovered another group of people who use bounty trading in SVS to raise gold and then use the poker table to transfer it. I suspect they are selling the gold for real money to people who don't know how to earn it.
  • It was very disheartening to find a TLOPO staff member actually encouraging people to trade bounty in this thread by announcing that they will not punish anyone for it.
And finally, let me personally address you on the final claim. TLOPO Staff do not Endorse, Encourage, or otherwise solicit the use of UNINTENDED in-game loopholes to create an advantage above other players, and will take action against proper acts of exploitation and cheating.

As stated by myself and Kate on more than one occasion during the making of this post, SvS Bounty trading is not cheating. It is not an exploit, as reiterated by @Shamus The Brute, it is a loophole that was created on accident by Disney Interactive when they developed an SvS mode that was neither complete nor polished.

I don't ask you to have 'faith in the Staff', but please understand that just because we don't see eye-to-eye with you on a topic doesn't mean that we openly endorse a loophole. JFR's post that was your cited claim in the post against Kate and I is not only over 2 years old, but is completely irrelevant to the current stage of the game and has no current initiative with the community.

Finally, let us remember to keep posts aboard this thread civil and correct.

Fair Winds,

Misha

Okay. So are you implying to break the rules, bypass normal constraints and short circuit and skip 'legit' steps is the smart way and doing it 'legit' is the dumb way? This is the right way, wrong way argument that is so difficult to phantom. In a fully released game, this technique probably wouldn't be available playing by the rules and normal constraints.
'Jump the gun'? People brag about getting all their mats in mere days due to guild help or other pals, or working the world edge. Yet another 'smart' technique involving shortcuts. Then gaining all the gold needed in hours and this isn't jumping the gun on anyone who is not so smart and actually playing in real time without alts?

The developers looking the other way while people game the system is their business, but to openly say that squatting in port and in collusion sinking the same friend over and over to gain access to something you couldn't get in that short of a time period isn't exploiting the game is plain disingenuous to us dumb people who actually care about fair play.
I'm not going to go in circles with this either. You have a right to your opinion and even to express it again against my comments.
I'm under no obligation to continue in the debate. I'm not trying to make it personal, but too many people play that card too.
So I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. My comments were about how one gains advantages in game and not specifically svs, so I'm off topic and will stop.

GL

I am not implying that "bounty trading" is the morally correct way - nor am I implying that obtaining gold the "legit" way is the "dumb" way - as it is - in fact - the intended way, as well as the most respectable way among the two options that players can choose between in how they want to get their gold. Not once did I say that doing it the legit way was the "dumb" way at all.

In my example of "Jump the gun" I was implying that people with SVS experience will already be able to go and start sinking other players right off the bat - compared to say, someone else who has only done SVS for "bounty trading" - might not even have his skill points in the right place, may not know how to dodge the broadsides that to his view slightly travels behind his ship - but still manages to hit him - how to anticipate another ships movements correctly in order to obtain the upper hand - what about that move that people use in SVS where they stop there entire ship and turn to use their other broadside to meet up and aim with a ship that is storming on by? these are things the legit players are more than likely to already know - VS all the things the players doing "bounty trading" won't, and that is going to take time to figure out.

@Misha - Why did you pull me into your post above? I am just curious, that is all.
If the acquiring of GOLD unlegit. was not considered unfair, why did Disney bother to patch the POTCO gold/poker/blackjack glitch? That same level of unfairness, in my opinion, is exploited via SVS bounty trading. It's an unfair advantage because not everyone whom plays the game knows about it. Hence, it is an unintended (game) exploit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay @tiberias, let me address each paragraph of your post one-by-one. See if we can't exchange a mutual feeling here.

Whether through PM, Imgur, or things of that nature, I would like to see evidence to the following claims. Don't worry, take your time:
  • They bring out fleets of ships to cheat and protect ships that are trading bounty.
  • They use the trading bounty mechanic to recruit people into their guilds and retain them.
  • I have discovered another group of people who use bounty trading in SVS to raise gold and then use the poker table to transfer it. I suspect they are selling the gold for real money to people who don't know how to earn it.
  • It was very disheartening to find a TLOPO staff member actually encouraging people to trade bounty in this thread by announcing that they will not punish anyone for it.
And finally, let me personally address you on the final claim. TLOPO Staff do not Endorse, Encourage, or otherwise solicit the use of UNINTENDED in-game loopholes to create an advantage above other players, and will take action against proper acts of exploitation and cheating.

As stated by myself and Kate on more than one occasion during the making of this post, SvS Bounty trading is not cheating. It is not an exploit, as reiterated by @Shamus The Brute, it is a loophole that was created on accident by Disney Interactive when they developed an SvS mode that was neither complete nor polished.

I don't ask you to have 'faith in the Staff', but please understand that just because we don't see eye-to-eye with you on a topic doesn't mean that we openly endorse a loophole. JFR's post that was your cited claim in the post against Kate and I is not only over 2 years old, but is completely irrelevant to the current stage of the game and has no current initiative with the community.

Finally, let us remember to keep posts aboard this thread civil and correct.

Fair Winds,

Misha

I can completely agree with this statement - the recognition that "bounty trading" is in fact just a loophole can easily been seen even on my end - still as many others would say - a pretty, if not completely, harmless loophole at that. Now in response to the bullet point that was origninally pulled from Tiberias's argument - I have never heard of anyone using "bounty trading" to recruit people into their guild - nor have I heard of anyone obtaining REAL money from gold that is transferred to another pirate through poker - that is on an extreme level even in my opinion - and introduces a whole new level of threat if that is found to be the case.

I'm amazed once again to find that after all the explanations that have been done by the developers and moderators themselves - a few and select individuals still entertain the idea that you guys "encourage" people to do "bounty trading" in which I had not seen once throughout this entire forum. It's been placed in bold letters over and over again that the team once again I will use your statement as a quote Misha, in which she states, "TLOPO Staff do not Endorse, Encourage, or otherwise solicit the use of UNINTENDED in-game loopholes". They do not promote the use of it, they prefer that we do this the legit way - however because it's, "not cheating... not an exploit..." but in fact may very well be a "loophole" that was kept in the game by the Disney Crew - its placed on the lower end of concerns for many just as it was per-say with the Disney Crew - some would care to say that the topic shouldn't even really be cared about overall given to how harmless it really is.

I would find that they are probably more concerned about things like the RoT hacks right about now before they would be worried about something like this for example. (This is updated information I just received and is the first time I am hearing about this kind of thing - felt it would support the example - but know little about the topic itself.)

Last edited:
Reading through this whole debate and not going to get involved beyond this as the thread seems to be imploding anyways, it's clear you said broadsides didn't come to mind. Why, because you knew back then that sloops were not getting hit with broadsides like they should and were beyond invincible in those ways and it's totally worse in tlopo which you know as well? So, you and your bois always went deck cannons against other sloops because you knew it was impossible with broadsides? So when you annihilated them was it because you went to deck cannons and they tried broadsides which you knew would fail? It's not always what people say that tells the story.
And that's my piece as an outside observer reading about techniques that worked because other game issues didn't work. Like sloops not taking broadside damage. So one learns how to take advantage. Which in itself isn't really a major issue.
Somehow succeeding using a glitch doesn't seem to have that bragging weight. Kind of like hitting a salmon caught in the shallows with a log and saying you caught him fishing.
Sorry if that sounds crass, but that's how it hits me.

Ok you clearly didn’t svs back then, back then there wasn’t ship upgrades so broadsides weren’t affective at all. You guys are right in potco broadsides were useless so people didn’t really use them. But I’m tlopo broadsides are OP. They lock on a mile away and one shot you. That’s pretty broken that never was a thing in potco. You have to understand back then there was no such thing as a repair crew, no such thing as broadsides one shotting. It was just 4 gunners and one driver. The way the ship gained back health was to sink other ships. That’s called salvage the more bounty they have the more your ship will gain health. If you didn’t know ship health for armor is too low compared to potco. A light sloop can get one shotted from extreme lock broadsides in tlopo. We annihilated the other team because my crew were light sloopers the skilled players, and together in a war sloop is overkill. The light sloop isn’t the problem it’s the players. Being too good at the game. For example that Kate person that says she’s been on the best ship blah blah. She can be in a light sloop and not be a threat. The light sloop itself isn’t the problem. It’s the players that make that ship deadly.

Ok you clearly didn’t svs back then, back then there wasn’t ship upgrades so broadsides weren’t affective at all. You guys are right in potco broadsides were useless so people didn’t really use them. But I’m tlopo broadsides are OP. They lock on a mile away and one shot you. That’s pretty broken that never was a thing in potco. You have to understand back then there was no such thing as a repair crew, no such thing as broadsides one shotting. It was just 4 gunners and one driver. The way the ship gained back health was to sink other ships. That’s called salvage the more bounty they have the more your ship will gain health. If you didn’t know ship health for armor is too low compared to potco. A light sloop can get one shotted from extreme lock broadsides in tlopo. We annihilated the other team because my crew were light sloopers the skilled players, and together in a war sloop is overkill. The light sloop isn’t the problem it’s the players. Being too good at the game. For example that Kate person that says she’s been on the best ship blah blah. She can be in a light sloop and not be a threat. The light sloop itself isn’t the problem. It’s the players that make that ship deadly.

Going to quote a small portion of your comment there Angel20, "...She can be in a light sloop and not be a threat. The light sloop itself isn’t the problem. It’s the players that make that ship deadly". I feel that in the same sense that someone who is in a light sloop (who is seen as not a threat) - can also apply to someone who is in a war ship with full upgrades and all that good junk is not a threat - if they don't know how to use it (or have the skill to make the ship dangerous) in the first place. Reinforcing my point - that's all.

The TLOPO Staff have already stated in this thread that reporting these players won't get them banned so please stop doing so as it takes time trying to figure out why the person was reported for.

I'm against Bounty/Infamy trading as it is an exploit, I see people are calling it a loophole which by definition is the same as an exploit. It is an unfair game advantage that people are doing, you can max your gold shortly as well as call all your friends and guild mates to max their gold as well while the average player is spending hours upon hours sailing and looting to max their gold that then they use to upgrade their ship and repeat the same process. Which means any players doing these infamy/bounty swaps will play less in the long run thus harming the game overall, including any future TLOPO content which includes the use of gold.

I think it would be better if we all thought of ideas that could potentially fix this issue or at least semi fix it so that it can't harm any current and future gold uses. Tho I wouldn't worry about this until the game is well out of Beta as there are currently bigger issues to deal with.

1. Replace the SvS dropped currency from gold to a unique one that can be used with the Infamy Rewards as well as any future SvS themed items rewards.
2. Remove the gold drop and add more daily quests that reward you with decent amounts of gold. This will still attract the average player which wants to make quick gold on the daily.
3. Set a max amount of gold that a player can earn daily from SvS.

Going to quote a small portion of your comment there Angel20, "...She can be in a light sloop and not be a threat. The light sloop itself isn’t the problem. It’s the players that make that ship deadly". I feel that in the same sense that someone who is in a light sloop (who is seen as not a threat) - can also apply to someone who is in a war ship with full upgrades and all that good junk is not a threat - if they don't know how to use it in the first place. Reinforcing my point - that's all.

I don’t think you play the game pal. Like I said before TLOPO broadsides are OP BROKEN. Meaning you can just aim your broadside to a fully upgraded copperhead war frigate and ONE SHOT them to sink. The light sloop on the other hand you have to know how and when to sweep in AND switch to cannon OR keep your distance and AIM with CANNON to sink them. It takes work and skill, if an average person tired to light sloop like that they wouldn’t hit the ship from afar or cause any threat to anyone. On the other hand ANYOne can simply use a broadside on a war frigate upgraded that locks on from a mile away and SINK them instantly

I don’t think you play the game pal. Like I said before TLOPO broadsides are OP BROKEN. Meaning you can just aim your broadside to a fully upgraded copperhead war frigate and ONE SHOT them to sink. The light sloop on the other hand you have to know how and when to sweep in AND switch to cannon OR keep your distance and AIM with CANNON to sink them. It takes work and skill, if an average person tired to light sloop like that they wouldn’t hit the ship from afar or cause any threat to anyone. On the other hand ANYOne can simply use a broadside on a war frigate upgraded that locks on from a mile away and SINK them instantly

I'm actually on the game right now - haha. I see where you could very well have a point in that the broadsides are in a sense "broken" - I know that Copperhead is the leading example in this. However - Broadsides alone don't clean the clock all by themselves - position - when to use Open Fire Vs. Take Cover - all of these things play a role in SVS reguardless of what ship is being used - as well as the skill points to enforce the skills usefulness. Yes, on a light sloop it takes work and skill "maybe" if all you are doing is sailing up close to a ship - and launch off a level 5 explosive round - the story is pretty much finished right there - might I add again that a broadside on a War Ship has the difficulty of even hitting a light sloop - or any other ship for that matter - if it isn't registering the ship is there in the first place or being aimed correctly - if somehow it does register with the ship that a light sloop is there, and manages to hit that light sloop - I would probably call it luck at that point.

I'm actually on the game right now - haha. I see where you could very well have a point in that the broadsides are in a sense "broken" - I know that Copper Head is the leading example in this. However - Broadsides alone don't clean the clock all by themselves - position - when to use Open Fire Vs. Take Cover - all of these things play a role in SVS reguardless of what ship is being used - as well as the skill points to enforce the skills usefulness. Yes, on a light sloop it takes work and skill "maybe" if all you are doing is sailing up close to a ship - and launch off a level 5 explosive round - the story is pretty much finished right there - might I add again that a broadside on a War Ship has the difficulty of even hitting a light sloop - or any other ship for that matter - if it isn't registering the ship is there in the first place or being aimed correctly.

well I light Sloop 99$ at the time, those broadsides in tlopo target and lock on you a mile away. even if ur close to them they still hit you and mind i add that the light classes arent available to upgrade so a sinlge shot from a broadside is a bye bye. And no you're also wrong, light slooping isnt always about sweeping in and exploding, I and many others can hit a lighting bolt 1-2 miles away to sink a running ship. Light slooping is aim, timing, dodging, switching, while a simple upgraded ship all it takes is to broadside, if missed switch to the other side and do the same. it aims for you basically. When the light sloopers get together in a war sloop. its pretty much game over for anyone. We can sink a running ship from afar. imagine 4 gunners all aimbot aim. Like I said it takes skill, So my example for kate, you think she be a threat to anyone when shes in a light sloop? heck Pvpers that dont even svs would beat her. ITs the player not the ship that makes it deadly

Last edited:
He meant you don't play svs. You can't really tell other people who actually play the game mode how it works when you are a looter...

The TLOPO Staff have already stated in this thread that reporting these players won't get them banned so please stop doing so as it takes time trying to figure out why the person was reported for.

I'm against Bounty/Infamy trading as it is an exploit, I see people are calling it a loophole which by definition is the same as an exploit. It is an unfair game advantage that people are doing, you can max your gold shortly as well as call all your friends and guild mates to max their gold as well while the average player is spending hours upon hours sailing and looting to max their gold that then they use to upgrade their ship and repeat the same process. Which means any players doing these infamy/bounty swaps will play less in the long run thus harming the game overall, including any future TLOPO content which includes the use of gold.

I think it would be better if we all thought of ideas that could potentially fix this issue or at least semi fix it so that it can't harm any current and future gold uses. Tho I wouldn't worry about this until the game is well out of Beta as there are currently bigger issues to deal with.

1. Replace the SvS dropped currency from gold to a unique one that can be used with the Infamy Rewards as well as any future SvS themed items rewards.
2. Remove the gold drop and add more daily quests that reward you with decent amounts of gold. This will still attract the average player which wants to make quick gold on the daily.
3. Set a max amount of gold that a player can earn daily from SvS.
I agree. We should be looking for ways to improve the game as you and others wisely suggest. ;) (Also, not that it matters, but I had earlier used the word 'loophole' today with deliberate intent so as to avoid altogether the whole 'exploit' connotation/different interpretation in lieu of this thread. I am glad that you do agree both words, more or less, define the same thing).

well I light Sloop 99$ at the time, those broadsides in tlopo target and lock on you a mile away. even if ur close to them they still hit you and mind i add that the light classes arent available to upgrade so a sinlge shot from a broadside is a bye bye. And no you're also wrong, light slooping isnt always about sweeping in and exploding, I and many others can hit a lighting bolt 1-2 miles away to sink a running ship. Light slooping is aim, timing, dodging, switching, while a simple upgraded ship all it takes is to broadside, if missed switch to the other side and do the same. it aims for you basically. When the light sloopers get together in a war sloop. its pretty much game over for anyone. We can sink a running ship from afar. imagine 4 gunners all aimbot aim. Like I said it takes skill, So my example for kate, you think she be a threat to anyone when shes in a light sloop? heck Pvpers that dont even svs would beat her. ITs the player not the ship that makes it deadly

No I know what you mean - I also didn't say that light sloop was "always" about sweeping in and tossing an explosive round - but a majority of the ones I have came across do. If you had meant that I don't do SVS - and not actually meaning the game itself, I would apologize in which I misunderstood that. However yes I also do SVS.

It is difficult to say something will not get you banned without outright implying we encourage the activity or behavior. I would appreciate that this assumption not be continued any further. I sincerely appreciate the defense of our Terms of Service and the vigilance that many have in protecting our community from those who do wish to misuse their time in-game.

From a technical perspective, SVS bounty swap is a legitimate usage of game mechanics. This behavior is certainly not a definitive finality though - remember, we are still in Beta. Game mechanics are bound to be modified for the greater good. We recognize that SVS bounty swap is not a very honorable means of game play, but it is still legitimate. It is within our scope to address at a future date though with some means of controlling or preventing it.

The post of mine published two years ago that was quoted was one of our early attempts at addressing the issue. It no longer reflects the current state of the game, but that should not imply that we have forgotten about the SVS community as a whole or any issues surrounding SVS game play. In fact, we have imparted a great deal of attention recently to patching some long-standing glitches and adding other quality of life improvements to sailing and SVS functionalities. I would greatly advise and appreciate it if alarmist claims about our professionalism or dedication to the community were not made without examining all facts and viewpoints first.

No I know what you mean - I also didn't say that light sloop was "always" about sweeping in and tossing an explosive round - but a majority of the ones I have came across do. If you had meant that I don't do SVS - and not actually meaning the game itself, I would apologize in which I misunderstood that. However yes I also do SVS.

So then what exactly is your point? I have actually never seen you svs and I play every single night just about. Playing on cortos with your roleplay family doesn't give you room to speak on how svs works. Light sloops have like 2 hp take cover doesn't do crap against a copper frigate broadside. Please elaborate on how shooting 1 explosive on a little boat can compare to the broadsides of other ships

So then what exactly is your point? I have actually never seen you svs and I play every single night just about. Playing on cortos with your roleplay family doesn't give you room to speak on how svs works. Light sloops have like 2 hp take cover doesn't do crap against a copper frigate broadside. Please elaborate on how shooting 1 explosive on a little boat can compare to the broadsides of other ships

My point had already been listed and supported earlier in this thread - you can find it on the second page at post number #36 - used in reference by Kate Goldwalker on post #38. I will say I have done SVS a good bit - but lately not continuously. I fail to understand how any "cortos" server or "roleplay family" come and connect into SVS? - we have not been included in CRP for awhile, if that is what you are meaning.

(As a matter of fact - my guild even has an SVS event planned out for tonight - feel free to come around and join us if you would like.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back