SvS SVS Tactics and Bounty

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point had already been listed and supported earlier in this thread - you can find it on the second page at post number #36 - used in reference by Kate Goldwalker on post #38. I will say I have done SVS a good bit - but lately not continuously. I fail to understand how any "cortos" server or "roleplay family" come and connect into SVS? - nor is it a thing that is being participated in on my end?

You made no point though. You just seemed to agree with kate that you guys would like to remove light sloops basically from the game... But why?

You made no point though. You just seemed to agree with kate that you guys would like to remove light sloops basically from the game... But why?

No not at all I personally feel light sloop should be in the game, as they serve a challenging approach for someone like me even in SVS. - you seem to have missed my point, this is what I had said on post #36:

"Who ever said you couldn't come out on a light sloop - pop a few explosive shots (requiring you to switch from sailing to cannon) and sink them that way? We've all seen light sloops take out war ships EASY. Matter of fact when I see a light sloop I try and stay distant because my broadsides go right over its sails! I could even say in some events I find a light sloop more of a threat than some war ships!"

This was followed by Kate's post in #38: "Since you bring up the light sloops in SVS, that's honestly one of the most annoying things in SVS. "Light sloops flying around like annoying mosquitoes in the battle field. Swing by, broadside and 1 crew using some infinite ram with either lightning or fury ammo. It's almost like trying to catch a fly with chopsticks... As Lord Gold Air said, the broadsides of larger ships sail right over the light sloop without causing a scratch... probably 99% of the time."

No not at all I personally feel light sloop should be in the game, as they server a challenging approach for someone like me even in SVS. - you seem to have missed my point, this is what I had said on post #36:

"Who ever said you couldn't come out on a light sloop - pop a few explosive shots (requiring you to switch from sailing to cannon) and sink them that way? We've all seen light sloops take out war ships EASY. Matter of fact when I see a light sloop I try and stay distant because my broadsides go right over its sails! I could even say in some events I find a light sloop more of a threat than some war ships!"

How bad do you have to be to go against the only ship class that can’t be upgraded. Again it’s not the ship it’s the player that makes that ship deadly and yes Close range tlopo broadsides still do lock on to lights

How bad do you have to be to go against the only ship class that can’t be upgraded. Again it’s not the ship it’s the player that makes that ship deadly and yes Close range tlopo broadsides still do lock on to lights

I have seen some bad players in SVS my friend - haha. Not only that but I don't know what broadsides you are using, but from my experience with my War Frigate - It will literally shoot EVERYTHING else but the light sloop - in some cases war ships too, even when it is literally touching my ship. Don't be mistaken - I have no grudge against the light sloops personally, I have been able to sink a few, but not hardly as many as War Ships.

From what I gathered - this is also a collective experience from a LOAD of other individuals as well that do SVS.

No not at all I personally feel light sloop should be in the game, as they serve a challenging approach for someone like me even in SVS. - you seem to have missed my point, this is what I had said on post #36:

This was followed by Kate's post in #38: "Since you bring up the light sloops in SVS, that's honestly one of the most annoying things in SVS. "Light sloops flying around like annoying mosquitoes in the battle field. Swing by, broadside and 1 crew using some infinite ram with either lightning or fury ammo. It's almost like trying to catch a fly with chopsticks... As Lord Gold Air said, the broadsides of larger ships sail right over the light sloop without causing a scratch... probably 99% of the time."
I’m sorry let me rephrase that, potco svs was never meant to be about soloing war ships meaning you driving it and using br
I have seen some bad players in SVS my friend - haha. Not only that but I don't know what broadsides you are using, but from my experience with my War Frigate - It will literally shoot EVERYTHING else but the light sloop - in some cases war ships too, even when it is literally touching my ship.
I don’t use broadsides, but remember it’s a 2008 game, you have to face ur broadsides to the ship and wait a bit for the broads to lock. Then use it. It’s not gonna hit right after you click the broadside cannon. The way ur talking i bet the broads you hit on navy ships don’t hit at all too. You just aren’t familiar to the way they work, they aren’t magic and u tell them in ur head to hit that target

I’m sorry let me rephrase that, potco svs was never meant to be about soloing war ships meaning you driving it and using br

I don’t use broadsides, but remember it’s a 2008 game, you have to face ur broadsides to the ship and wait a bit for the broads to lock. Then use it. It’s not gonna hit right after you click the broadside cannon. The way ur talking i bet the broads you hit on navy ships don’t hit at all too. You just aren’t familiar to the way they work, they aren’t magic and u tell them in ur head to hit that target

Yes - I would say that is a fairly accurate example of most of the collective experience of individuals who do SVS. Yes my broadsides have swerved over and hit some Navy Ships as well as some water here and there - however the timing I usually click on broadside isn't immediate - I have still missed many many shots - even on broadsides that have seemed to have the ship on lock - just for it to cruse right on passed the target itself. Something like this can be added into my argument of the skill that is obtained from people who are doing SVS the "legit" way - they already know these things, and they are good at it.

And you are right - it is a 2008 game, as well as this remake still overall being in Beta - sure eventually things will be changed but overall - this is the collective experience that we have at this moment of time.

Yes - I would say that is a fairly accurate example of most of the collective experience of individuals who do SVS. Yes my broadsides have swerved over and hit some Navy Ships as well as some water here and there - however the timing I usually click on broadside isn't immediate - I have still missed many many shots - even on broadsides that have seemed to have the ship on lock - just for it to cruse right on passed the target itself.
It’s also timing, when you shoot broadsides and while their in mid air, those NPCs sense it and move to attack you, maybe that’s what ur talking about.

Okay @tiberias, let me address each paragraph of your post one-by-one. See if we can't exchange a mutual feeling here.

Whether through PM, Imgur, or things of that nature, I would like to see evidence to the following claims. Don't worry, take your time:
  • They bring out fleets of ships to cheat and protect ships that are trading bounty.
  • They use the trading bounty mechanic to recruit people into their guilds and retain them.
  • I have discovered another group of people who use bounty trading in SVS to raise gold and then use the poker table to transfer it. I suspect they are selling the gold for real money to people who don't know how to earn it.
  • It was very disheartening to find a TLOPO staff member actually encouraging people to trade bounty in this thread by announcing that they will not punish anyone for it.
And finally, let me personally address you on the final claim. TLOPO Staff do not Endorse, Encourage, or otherwise solicit the use of UNINTENDED in-game loopholes to create an advantage above other players, and will take action against proper acts of exploitation and cheating.

As stated by myself and Kate on more than one occasion during the making of this post, SvS Bounty trading is not cheating. It is not an exploit, as reiterated by @Shamus The Brute, it is a loophole that was created on accident by Disney Interactive when they developed an SvS mode that was neither complete nor polished.

I don't ask you to have 'faith in the Staff', but please understand that just because we don't see eye-to-eye with you on a topic doesn't mean that we openly endorse a loophole. JFR's post that was your cited claim in the post against Kate and I is not only over 2 years old, but is completely irrelevant to the current stage of the game and has no current initiative with the community.

Finally, let us remember to keep posts aboard this thread civil and correct.

Fair Winds,

Misha
@Misha
"As stated by myself and Kate on more than one occasion during the making of this post, SvS Bounty trading is not cheating. It is not an exploit, as reiterated by @Shamus The Brute, it is a loophole that was created on accident by Disney Interactive when they developed an SvS mode that was neither complete nor polished."

Wait, wait, wait. It's okay fine to rip off a loophole?
People can soft peddle it any way they want, and call it anything they want. Whether it was an accident or on purpose mistake by disney, it's still a flaw that people take advantage of to gain something they would not gain normally. That is plain and simple gaming the system other than it was intended. People know of it, they can choose to do it or not. The ones that choose the flaw gain the advantage regardless what it is, and the people who choose to play without taking advantage of the flaw do not gain the advantage. It's as simple as that.
I'm sorry you're logic is flawed in trying to defend an exploit. Exploit is a broad term that doesn't always mean cheating.
I am using an exploit right now, 2 that I know of. A swimming shortcut I saw in a looters post in the recent past. And when standing in a group with 20 people crushing Remi in 20 seconds. That isn't possible alone, and alone I would never have access to that many drops in that short span of time.
It is certainly an exploit in the physical sense of time and gain, however this wouldn't be considered cheating as it's only using numbers to speed things up. It's not a code or inserted program. Ganging a boss is fully acceptable by everyone as it is logically practical to do it. But in a straight game sense that doesn't make it any more ethical or moral to do so. Ganging a boss isn't a flaw or loophole, it's actually a developed technique that doesn't break any technical rules or regs. In tlopo that is. Tlopo has no raids or dungeons where its a rule you have to have 5 or more players to participate. We create our own little instant raids against bosses, by random gatherings mostly.

But boss ganging isn't at all like shooting you bud repeatedly at port for bounty. And asking tiberias to somehow come up with screenshots of a dynamic scenario of sea battles and exploits you know is almost an impossibility is completely unfair and a ruse to disrupt his claims.
How about you come up with a visual that port squatting isn't an exploit like you claim? Take your time.

It’s also timing, when you shoot broadsides and while their in mid air, those NPCs sense it and move to attack you, maybe that’s what ur talking about.

I have found that usually if your physical ship is close to them, they will move, but if you are a good distance away, and launch a broadside, they usually don't move until you hit them. In SVS - the players ship is already moving, getting a lock on is a thing of its own, where as actually having your broadside hitting them is another - it takes skill to get that to work you know?

@Misha
"As stated by myself and Kate on more than one occasion during the making of this post, SvS Bounty trading is not cheating. It is not an exploit, as reiterated by @Shamus The Brute, it is a loophole that was created on accident by Disney Interactive when they developed an SvS mode that was neither complete nor polished."

Wait, wait, wait. It's okay fine to rip off a loophole?
People can soft peddle it any way they want, and call it anything they want. Whether it was an accident or on purpose mistake by disney, it's still a flaw that people take advantage of to gain something they would not gain normally. That is plain and simple gaming the system other than it was intended. People know of it, they can choose to do it or not. The ones that choose the flaw gain the advantage regardless what it is, and the people who choose to play without taking advantage of the flaw do not gain the advantage. It's as simple as that.
I'm sorry you're logic is flawed in trying to defend an exploit. Exploit is a broad term that doesn't always mean cheating.
I am using an exploit right now, 2 that I know of. A swimming shortcut I saw in a looters post in the recent past. And when standing in a group with 20 people crushing Remi in 20 seconds. That isn't possible alone, and alone I would never have access to that many drops in that short span of time.
It is certainly an exploit in the physical sense of time and gain, however this wouldn't be considered cheating as it's only using numbers to speed things up. It's not a code or inserted program. Ganging a boss is fully acceptable by everyone as it is logically practical to do it. But in a straight game sense that doesn't make it any more ethical or moral to do so. Ganging a boss isn't a flaw or loophole, it's actually a developed technique that doesn't break any technical rules or regs. In tlopo that is. Tlopo has no raids or dungeons where its a rule you have to have 5 or more players to participate. We create our own little instant raids against bosses, by random gatherings mostly.

But boss ganging isn't at all like shooting you bud repeatedly at port for bounty. And asking tiberias to somehow come up with screenshots of a dynamic scenario of sea battles and exploits you know is almost an impossibility is completely unfair and a ruse to disrupt his claims.
How about you come up with a visual that port squatting isn't an exploit like you claim? Take your time.

Please reflect back on John Foulroberts post #78 - If you have not already.

I have found that usually if your physical ship is close to them, they will move, but if you are a good distance away, and launch a broadside, they usually don't move until you hit them. In SVS - the players ship is already moving, getting a lock on is a thing of its own, where as actually having your broadside hitting them is another - it takes skill to get that to work you know?
It takes more skill to aim with ur cannon, what I’m trying to say is ok you broadside then what? Awkward for 10 seconds then shoot again? That’s not svs bud it never was. Svs is with a crew of gunners and a captain. Teamwork basically. People relying on broadsides it’s self is ridiculous

It takes more skill to aim with ur cannon, what I’m trying to say is ok you broadside then what? Awkward for 10 seconds then shoot again? That’s not svs bud it never was. Svs is with a crew of gunners and a captain. Teamwork basically. People relying on broadsides it’s self is ridiculous

You are talking about SVS with a crew right now - while I am speaking about if it was Solo.

I don’t think you play the game pal. Like I said before TLOPO broadsides are OP BROKEN. Meaning you can just aim your broadside to a fully upgraded copperhead war frigate and ONE SHOT them to sink. The light sloop on the other hand you have to know how and when to sweep in AND switch to cannon OR keep your distance and AIM with CANNON to sink them. It takes work and skill, if an average person tired to light sloop like that they wouldn’t hit the ship from afar or cause any threat to anyone. On the other hand ANYOne can simply use a broadside on a war frigate upgraded that locks on from a mile away and SINK them instantly
But nothing above a sloop can hit a sloop with their broadsides, that is one of the real broken issues. Is it actually accurate that the sloop is so low below another ships cannons that in real life they would blow over their heads too? Has this been considered? Because that's part of the tactics being discussed here that is it realistic nothing touches a sloop from broadsides and is it being taken advantage of? As in any video game, everything is being taken advantage of at any time. Doesn't always make it right.

You are talking about SVS with a crew right now - while I am speaking about if it was Solo.
Solo war ships was never a thing because it doesn’t work. It works now for coppers because of this broken svs. But good luck doing that when svs is fixed

Solo war ships was never a thing because it doesn’t work. It works now for coppers because of this broken svs. But good luck doing that when svs is fixed

And when it does get fixed - that is when the community of SVS individuals will have to adapt to that change - fairly simple they obtain more experience from it.

Ok you clearly didn’t svs back then, back then there wasn’t ship upgrades so broadsides weren’t affective at all. You guys are right in potco broadsides were useless so people didn’t really use them. But I’m tlopo broadsides are OP. They lock on a mile away and one shot you. That’s pretty broken that never was a thing in potco. You have to understand back then there was no such thing as a repair crew, no such thing as broadsides one shotting. It was just 4 gunners and one driver. The way the ship gained back health was to sink other ships. That’s called salvage the more bounty they have the more your ship will gain health. If you didn’t know ship health for armor is too low compared to potco. A light sloop can get one shotted from extreme lock broadsides in tlopo. We annihilated the other team because my crew were light sloopers the skilled players, and together in a war sloop is overkill. The light sloop isn’t the problem it’s the players. Being too good at the game. For example that Kate person that says she’s been on the best ship blah blah. She can be in a light sloop and not be a threat. The light sloop itself isn’t the problem. It’s the players that make that ship deadly.
Can you clarify one shot broadside? Do you mean one volley of maybe 12 guns is considered on shot? Or one single cannon shot?
A what type of ship is getting sunk with one volley? A sloop? Is the volley explosives? Because that could do it depending on what the present condition is.

But nothing above a sloop can hit a sloop with their broadsides, that is one of the real broken issues. Is it actually accurate that the sloop is so low below another ships cannons that in real life they would blow over their heads too? Has this been considered? Because that's part of the tactics being discussed here that is it realistic nothing touches a sloop from broadsides and is it being taken advantage of? As in any video game, everything is being taken advantage of at any time. Doesn't always make it right.

I 1 shot light sloops all the dang time with my copper war frigate idk what you talking about. Also light sloops are a 1 shot ram from alot of ships

I have no idea what ur point was but here I’ll add some info. Back the in potco you can KILL people from other ships because u can see them, you can kill them with broadside or using the cannon fury lighting whatever. Tlopo if I’m close to a war gallon in a light sloop, their broadsides still hit me. They go straight down. And when has a game like potco ever been realistic. If you missed a hit with ur broadside guess what it’s not the end of the world, switch to a cannon and hit them. They’re there for a reason

Last edited:
Passion. See? This is what keeps everyone addicted to this game (in one aspect or another). Without passion, this game dies.

Count yourselves lucky there is so much passion about! In the end, we're all friends and with that we all just strive to better this gaming experience. Yes. The game means that much to us!

I am not implying that "bounty trading" is the morally correct way - nor am I implying that obtaining gold the "legit" way is the "dumb" way - as it is - in fact - the intended way, as well as the most respectable way among the two options that players can choose between in how they want to get their gold. Not once did I say that doing it the legit way was the "dumb" way at all.

In my example of "Jump the gun" I was implying that people with SVS experience will already be able to go and start sinking other players right off the bat - compared to say, someone else who has only done SVS for "bounty trading" - might not even have his skill points in the right place, may not know how to dodge the broadsides that to his view slightly travels behind his ship - but still manages to hit him - how to anticipate another ships movements correctly in order to obtain the upper hand - what about that move that people use in SVS where they stop there entire ship and turn to use their other broadside to meet up and aim with a ship that is storming on by? these are things the legit players are more than likely to already know - VS all the things the players doing "bounty trading" won't, and that is going to take time to figure out.
I see your point. But I would submit anyone knowledgeable enough to know how to bounty scam is plenty knowledgeable as it is. They would almost certainly be experienced to know about exploits already. I'm not sure that defensive logic floats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back