1. Notice: Medals, albums, and pirate profiles will be temporarily unavailable starting later this month. Read more

SvS SVS Tactics and Bounty

Discussion in 'TLOPO PvP and SvS' started by Kate Goldwalker, Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel20

Angel20 Swashbuckler

Sure. Everyone complains about the copper class, it’s supposed to shoot out 20% of the time explosives but it does 90% of the time. A copper war anything or even a regular not lights.. ship class that’s a copper can one shot any type of ship, doesn’t matter if your ship is fully healed with 22k health, 2 explosive shots and ur dead, broads lock on a mile away

2. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

That's interesting, if a light sloop is so easy to sink and basically useless, why do you do it 99% of the time? And I'm going to accept and assume that you're discussing PVP sloop one shot. So, I have no reason to comment on that if that's the case, otherwise I see the opposite in pve.
    And aimbot aim? Is that a setting I've forgotten? Serious question.

3. Sir. Mathew

Sir. Mathew Swashbuckler

because it takes skill?

Roger-Daniel likes this.
  4. Angel20

Angel20 Swashbuckler

You my friend asked the right question. So back then in potco I left the game and came back for a visit. My light slooper friends were getting me up to date. The upgrade option came out which killed soloing. ( light slooping). And then the game shut. Tlopo is out and yeah it was hard and sad to light sloop but I wanted to keep it alive because I’ve noticed the game killed skill over when svs is basically competitive. Yes it’s hard to solo and not many do it anymore but I wanna keep it alive cause believe it or not solo was fun and a thing. Yeah I get one rammed and one shotted and get frustrated but I wanna keep it alive. And yes I do sometimes sink a war ship but it takes a lot out of me. It’s physical compare to just turning and pushing buttons. Now I’m asking for tlopo to do that potco didn’t, was to be able to upgrade the light classes, not just the sloop, frigate and gallon, those things made svs fun and interesting.

5. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

"Also, not that it matters, but I had earlier used the word 'loophole' today with deliberate intent so as to avoid altogether the whole 'exploit' connotation/different interpretation in lieu of this thread. I am glad that you do agree both words, more or less, define the same thing."
    Please Shamus, don't do that. Nobody is trying to think that deep on this. Using the word 'loophole' to describe a known flaw or weakness is a euphemism. In PVP doing something like this gives a direct advantage personally against another player. Doing this in PVE doesn't have the same effect as you're only advantaging your own profile. Are they both exploits? Yes. I think everything else to describe this stuff is subjective pro or con.
    I don't think there's any win to this argument either party. But if the issues get fixed, then there wouldn't be arguments to be had.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  6. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Skill? In Tlopo?

7. Sir. Mathew

Sir. Mathew Swashbuckler

I know amongst the people you svs with. The term skill is rarely used
    #copperfrigategang

8. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

The question is again it isn't clear what a one shot is. Standing at your cannon on deck with a cannon shot, or saying a whole broadside is a one shot affair. That is what I mean. Since I've never taken down anything with a one shot cannon, I'm assuming a single volley of cannons on one side is what is being described as 'one shot'.

9. Angel20

Angel20 Swashbuckler

one shot broadside. no such thing as cannon one shot unless its an explosive against another light sloop

10. Kate Goldwalker

Kate Goldwalker Fairy Tail Girl

I'd like to thank everyone who took part in this discussion, @Misha, @Shamus The Brute, @tiberias, @Lord Gold Air, @Sir. Mathew, @Angel20, @Jack Scurvyfoote, @Stephen Teague, @squintz, and @Luna Storm. Many things were learned about how everyone feels and plays SVS. I'm sure the developers will take all the information concerning the bugs and the SVS bounty into consideration when they are ready to tackle the task of fixing SVS. This was definitely a very interesting discussion. Shamus is correct about the passion... it's what keeps us playing this game!

I am going to lock this thread because we're now talking in circles, almost in an endless debate, but it's a debate that has become useful for the development team.

I'd like everyone to take away this last bit of information from @John Foulroberts concerning the state of SVS in the game currently and how this bounty issue is currently being handled:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.