SvS SVS Tactics and Bounty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you clarify one shot broadside? Do you mean one volley of maybe 12 guns is considered on shot? Or one single cannon shot?
A what type of ship is getting sunk with one volley? A sloop? Is the volley explosives? Because that could do it depending on what the present condition is.
Sure. Everyone complains about the copper class, it’s supposed to shoot out 20% of the time explosives but it does 90% of the time. A copper war anything or even a regular not lights.. ship class that’s a copper can one shot any type of ship, doesn’t matter if your ship is fully healed with 22k health, 2 explosive shots and ur dead, broads lock on a mile away

well I light Sloop 99$ at the time, those broadsides in tlopo target and lock on you a mile away. even if ur close to them they still hit you and mind i add that the light classes arent available to upgrade so a sinlge shot from a broadside is a bye bye. And no you're also wrong, light slooping isnt always about sweeping in and exploding, I and many others can hit a lighting bolt 1-2 miles away to sink a running ship. Light slooping is aim, timing, dodging, switching, while a simple upgraded ship all it takes is to broadside, if missed switch to the other side and do the same. it aims for you basically. When the light sloopers get together in a war sloop. its pretty much game over for anyone. We can sink a running ship from afar. imagine 4 gunners all aimbot aim. Like I said it takes skill, So my example for kate, you think she be a threat to anyone when shes in a light sloop? heck Pvpers that dont even svs would beat her. ITs the player not the ship that makes it deadly
That's interesting, if a light sloop is so easy to sink and basically useless, why do you do it 99% of the time? And I'm going to accept and assume that you're discussing PVP sloop one shot. So, I have no reason to comment on that if that's the case, otherwise I see the opposite in pve.
And aimbot aim? Is that a setting I've forgotten? Serious question.

That's interesting, if a light sloop is so easy to sink and basically useless, why do you do it 99% of the time? And I'm going to accept and assume that you're discussing PVP sloop one shot. So, I have no reason to comment on that if that's the case, otherwise I see the opposite in pve.
because it takes skill?

You my friend asked the right question. So back then in potco I left the game and came back for a visit. My light slooper friends were getting me up to date. The upgrade option came out which killed soloing. ( light slooping). And then the game shut. Tlopo is out and yeah it was hard and sad to light sloop but I wanted to keep it alive because I’ve noticed the game killed skill over when svs is basically competitive. Yes it’s hard to solo and not many do it anymore but I wanna keep it alive cause believe it or not solo was fun and a thing. Yeah I get one rammed and one shotted and get frustrated but I wanna keep it alive. And yes I do sometimes sink a war ship but it takes a lot out of me. It’s physical compare to just turning and pushing buttons. Now I’m asking for tlopo to do that potco didn’t, was to be able to upgrade the light classes, not just the sloop, frigate and gallon, those things made svs fun and interesting.

I agree. We should be looking for ways to improve the game as you and others wisely suggest. ;) (Also, not that it matters, but I had earlier used the word 'loophole' today with deliberate intent so as to avoid altogether the whole 'exploit' connotation/different interpretation in lieu of this thread. I am glad that you do agree both words, more or less, define the same thing).
"Also, not that it matters, but I had earlier used the word 'loophole' today with deliberate intent so as to avoid altogether the whole 'exploit' connotation/different interpretation in lieu of this thread. I am glad that you do agree both words, more or less, define the same thing."
Please Shamus, don't do that. Nobody is trying to think that deep on this. Using the word 'loophole' to describe a known flaw or weakness is a euphemism. In PVP doing something like this gives a direct advantage personally against another player. Doing this in PVE doesn't have the same effect as you're only advantaging your own profile. Are they both exploits? Yes. I think everything else to describe this stuff is subjective pro or con.
I don't think there's any win to this argument either party. But if the issues get fixed, then there wouldn't be arguments to be had.

Last edited:
I 1 shot light sloops all the dang time with my copper war frigate idk what you talking about. Also light sloops are a 1 shot ram from alot of ships
The question is again it isn't clear what a one shot is. Standing at your cannon on deck with a cannon shot, or saying a whole broadside is a one shot affair. That is what I mean. Since I've never taken down anything with a one shot cannon, I'm assuming a single volley of cannons on one side is what is being described as 'one shot'.

The question is again it isn't clear what a one shot is. Standing at your cannon on deck with a cannon shot, or saying a whole broadside is a one shot affair. That is what I mean. Since I've never taken down anything with a one shot cannon, I'm assuming a single volley of cannons on one side is what is being described as 'one shot'.
one shot broadside. no such thing as cannon one shot unless its an explosive against another light sloop

I'd like to thank everyone who took part in this discussion, @Misha, @Shamus The Brute, @tiberias, @Lord Gold Air, @Sir. Mathew, @Angel20, @Jack Scurvyfoote, @Stephen Teague, @squintz, and @Luna Storm. Many things were learned about how everyone feels and plays SVS. I'm sure the developers will take all the information concerning the bugs and the SVS bounty into consideration when they are ready to tackle the task of fixing SVS. This was definitely a very interesting discussion. Shamus is correct about the passion... it's what keeps us playing this game!

I am going to lock this thread because we're now talking in circles, almost in an endless debate, but it's a debate that has become useful for the development team.

I'd like everyone to take away this last bit of information from @John Foulroberts concerning the state of SVS in the game currently and how this bounty issue is currently being handled:

It is difficult to say something will not get you banned without outright implying we encourage the activity or behavior. I would appreciate that this assumption not be continued any further. I sincerely appreciate the defense of our Terms of Service and the vigilance that many have in protecting our community from those who do wish to misuse their time in-game.

From a technical perspective, SVS bounty swap is a legitimate usage of game mechanics. This behavior is certainly not a definitive finality though - remember, we are still in Beta. Game mechanics are bound to be modified for the greater good. We recognize that SVS bounty swap is not a very honorable means of game play, but it is still legitimate. It is within our scope to address at a future date though with some means of controlling or preventing it.

The post of mine published two years ago that was quoted was one of our early attempts at addressing the issue. It no longer reflects the current state of the game, but that should not imply that we have forgotten about the SVS community as a whole or any issues surrounding SVS game play. In fact, we have imparted a great deal of attention recently to patching some long-standing glitches and adding other quality of life improvements to sailing and SVS functionalities. I would greatly advise and appreciate it if alarmist claims about our professionalism or dedication to the community were not made without examining all facts and viewpoints first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back