Sword Art Online

KateRedHawk

Pirate Apprentice
SAO_pic.jpg

In the year 2022, virtual reality has progressed by leaps and bounds, and a massive online role-playing game called Sword Art Online (SAO) is launched. With the aid of "NerveGear" technology, players can control their avatars within the game using nothing but their own thoughts.

Kazuto Kirigaya, nicknamed "Kirito," is among the lucky few enthusiasts who get their hands on the first shipment of the game. He logs in to find himself, with ten-thousand others, in the scenic and elaborate world of Aincrad, one full of fantastic medieval weapons and gruesome monsters. However, in a cruel turn of events, the players soon realize they cannot log out; the game's creator has trapped them in his new world until they complete all one hundred levels of the game.

In order to escape Aincrad, Kirito will now have to interact and cooperate with his fellow players. Some are allies, while others are foes, like Asuna Yuuki, who commands the leading group attempting to escape from the ruthless game. To make matters worse, Sword Art Online is not all fun and games: if they die in Aincrad, they die in real life. Kirito must adapt to his new reality, fight for his survival, and hopefully break free from his virtual hell.

You ether love it or hate it, this is by far my most favorite T.V. show of all time. It's an anime. I used to think anime was stupid, but when I watched this show for the first time I could not stop. I thought the romance was alright and the story its self I really enjoyed. You can watch the English version of this anime if you do not like to read subtitles. Me personally I enjoy the English dub a lot. I would recommend this show to anyone.

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Last edited:
In 2022, a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online (SAO) is released. With the NerveGear, a helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.

This is by far my most favorite tv show of all time. It's an anime. I used to think anime was stupid, but when I watched this show for the first time I could not stop. The love story is so good and the story its self is amazing. You can watch the English version of this anime if you do not like to read subtitles. Me personally I enjoy the English dub a lot. I would recommend this show to anyone.
I really enjoyed watching it, and SAO II isn't that bad either. Now I'm just patiently waiting for them to make more...

Don't go lumping Star wars in with SAO, lol

Don't get me wrong, I love SW, but SAO is much more my type of entertainment.
Romance+video-game+drama+action+fantasy=win

I have yet to find another anime that I enjoyed as much as the first season of SAO.

Edit:Han Solo's romance with Leia doesn't count, imo...

Don't go lumping Star wars in with SAO, lol

Don't get me wrong, I love SW, but SAO is much more my type of entertainment.
Romance+video-game+drama+action+fantasy=win

I have yet to find another anime that I enjoyed as much as the first season of SAO.

Edit:Han Solo's romance with Leia doesn't count, imo...
It was sarcasm bc his sword was practically a light saber in S2.

I love SAO and wait patiently until season...3? Comes out... Although I loved SAO I didn't really like anything after Asunas rescue from the birdcage. After that in my opinion there really was no real "risk" like before.

I love SAO and wait patiently until season...3? Comes out...
Right now they're making a movie that's coming out next year. I'm betting after that they'll make a season 3 since the guy making the show is getting a ton of money.

Here's the trailer for the movie. (100% legit, not fan-made)
This is the WIKI page for the movie,
And this is the cover art for the movie as of now,
Sword_Art_Online_The_Movie_Ordinal_Scale_Visua.jpg

Last edited:
Also, in other news, a SAO game is coming out, but its been getting some back lash from the looks of it.
Yeah I just recently figured out about it. I was going to get it even if it had bad reviews because it looked intriguing to me. But then I saw the platforms were only available for the PS4 and PSP, when I'm a Xbox user. Looks like I'm buying a PS4!

Back