Sword Art Online

Aisha Graywolf

Pirate Apprentice
Just wanted to show you guys this awesome anime (if you're a lover of MMORPG and Anime you would love this)
SAO_Logo.png
It's called Sword Art Online and it's an anime about a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) game that is released in year 2022. It's actually a novel but they turned it into an anime and it turned out to be very successful.
I don't want to spoil the story on you but it's about a game that which requires you have to wear a head gear called NerveGear that connects to the nerves in you're body and you can enter and log into the game. (future gaming :cool:)
nerve-gear.png
(The NerveGear)
The story is about the players who are trapped inside the game (and you will know how and why if you see the first episode) and their journey throughout the game until they finish it.
The story is kind of nice in the beginning also as it progresses turns to a romantic one but at the end; a brutal one. So I don't recommend all (especially young ones) to see it :p.
I'll just let you watch the first episode and let you judge and you can see it here,
Enjoy and tell me what you think after watching the first episode! :D

The correct term is manga and anime

watch out boys. we got a weaboo in here :^)

but personally, I enjoyed the manga considerably more than the anime... mainly cause the manga actually followed a core story instead of writing their own story which the anime did pretty much after season 1 ended...

(another anime that did that was Tokyo Ghoul.. which was fine except I personally think season 2 (Root A) was just horrible)

watch out boys. we got a weaboo in here :^)

but personally, I enjoyed the manga considerably more than the anime... mainly cause the manga actually followed a core story instead of writing their own story which the anime did pretty much after season 1 ended...

(another anime that did that was Tokyo Ghoul.. which was fine except I personally think season 2 (Root A) was just horrible)
First off, mate, it's otaku, not weeaboo...

Secondly, the anime doesn't write it's own story, it's based more on the light novel series, which Book 5 of said series, has just been translated into English, and is about to be released.

First off, mate, it's otaku, not weeaboo...

Secondly, the anime doesn't write it's own story, it's based more on the light novel series, which Book 5 of said series, has just been translated into English, and is about to be released.
Well y'know was trying to say he just liked anime a bit much instead of calling him a no-life but hey, if you want to then go for it. Also reasons why I say you called him a no life:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=otaku

Short summary:
Otaku is extremely negative in meaning as it is used to refer to someone who stays at home all the time and doesn't have a life (no social life, no love life, etc)

Usually an otaku person has nothing better to do with their life so they pass the time by watching anime, playing videogames, surfing the internet (otaku is also used to refer to a nerd/hacker/programmer).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weaboo

Short summary:
A negative term directed to anyone overly obsessed with Japanese culture to the point where they become annoying.Used frequently on the image boards of 4chan.

Most weaboos are uneducated about their obsession of choice and are often noobs who are overly zealous, trying to impress others with their otaku knowledge. Another trait of a weaboo is their desire to "be Japanese".

Also neat-o. Never knew there was a light novel version of the series so I will have to look into sometime.

Well y'know was trying to say he just liked anime a bit much instead of calling him a no-life but hey, if you want to then go for it. Also reasons why I say you called him a no life:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=otaku

Short summary:
Otaku is extremely negative in meaning as it is used to refer to someone who stays at home all the time and doesn't have a life (no social life, no love life, etc)

Usually an otaku person has nothing better to do with their life so they pass the time by watching anime, playing videogames, surfing the internet (otaku is also used to refer to a nerd/hacker/programmer).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weaboo

Short summary:
A negative term directed to anyone overly obsessed with Japanese culture to the point where they become annoying.Used frequently on the image boards of 4chan.

Most weaboos are uneducated about their obsession of choice and are often noobs who are overly zealous, trying to impress others with their otaku knowledge. Another trait of a weaboo is their desire to "be Japanese".

Also neat-o. Never knew there was a light novel version of the series so I will have to look into sometime.
Based on personal experience, I find that "weeaboo" is more derogatory than "otaku", but I see where you're coming from, mate.

I used to hate anime before I binged this... This is what got me into anime. Worth the watch for any people uninterested in anime it will seriously open your eyes.

Back