Sword of Triton Compels Pirates Toward Flagships (05/02/11)

Jason Ironskull

Site Founder
By now, all Pirates should have retrieved Blackbeard’s Sword of Triton for their very own.

Now a strange shift in tides has brought many a Pirate into heated battle with ghost flagships. Pirates are suspicious folk, so rumors naturally abound…

Perhaps this be the will of Blackbeard to draw Pirates into his clutches? Perhaps even the mighty sea deity Triton himself seeks revenge?

One thing is for certain, it be no coincidence that Blackbeard’s sword compels Pirates to fearlessly disable, grapple and board these mighty flagships. What could all this mean for the Caribbean seas?

Pirates’ minds sail back to the puzzling riddle discovered next to the Sword of Triton:
triton-scroll-bg.jpg

This sword holds far more power than meets the eye,
for when a royal bow breaks water,
ye shall know her name and that of her enslaved crew.

What do YOU think this riddle means?

http://blog.piratesonline.go.com/blog/pirates/entry/sword_of_triton_compels_pirates

i think this means that the ship that the flying dutchman sank in the end of the 3rd movie, the HMS Endeavor, could maybe return because it says a royal bow and you would know the crew....or it could be the dutchman itself...idk....itll probably being so obvious well all end up slapping ourselves on the forehead when they tell us:eek:

This sword holds far more power than meets the eye,
The sword has the hurricane slash ability I believe
for when a royal bow breaks water,
For those of you who dont know a bow is the front of a ship and when a ship sails water goes around this part as though it is being broken through.
labeled-boat-diagram.jpg

ye shall know her name and that of her enslaved crew.
So a boat with a enslaved crew prehaps blackbeards crew is enslaved I'm not sure haven't seen the movie.

It seems the riddle is about a boat because it mentions the sword of the captain, a boat, and a crew. The rest will come eventually.

Haha. we got some smarties aboard the forums!!! I hope someone can figure it out, but for now, I agree with Captain Fear.... gonna set after some flag ships in the coming days!

I'm guessing were soon gonna get a new quest were the final mission is probably a ship fight were you beat a ship btu before it sinks you board it and defeat the new enemy hopefully blackbeard.
I ususally sell off the special weapons when I get 'em because they're worth more to me in gold than they are in attack. But the riddle made me hold onto this one. I think we'll have to use it, if there is a quest (I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE there is!) to defeat the enemy. Just a susspicion though. :p

i think this means that the ship that the flying dutchman sank in the end of the 3rd movie, the HMS Endeavor, could maybe return because it says a royal bow and you would know the crew....or it could be the dutchman itself...idk....itll probably being so obvious well all end up slapping ourselves on the forehead when they tell us:eek:

This could be a possibility....

or...

It could be Black Beard's ship, The Queen Anne's Revenge. The ship has a "royal" name, and from the previews of the new movie coming out on May 20th, the ship is crewed by Zombies. I think this possibility is more likely. Would give them something to tie the game to the new movie and possibly draw players back and new players to POTCO.

Hmmm. Blackbeard's ship was a captured French vessel with the name of La Concorde before he renamed, and his crew are zombies supposedly. French is "royal" right?

This could be a possibility....

or...

It could be Black Beard's ship, The Queen Anne's Revenge. The ship has a "royal" name, and from the previews of the new movie coming out on May 20th, the ship is crewed by Zombies. I think this possibility is more likely. Would give them something to tie the game to the new movie and possibly draw players back and new players to POTCO.

Smarty McSmarterton! Way to go! I my sneeky susspicions side with you. It only makes sense that POTCO would hold an event to coincide with the release of the new film.

so we would be all like, :facepalm:? :lol1:

Back