taking longer to kill enemies?

colashake97

Swashbuckler
I've read in several guides and forum posts that taking longer to kill an enemy will give you better loot. Obviously, taking longer to kill an enemy can give you more xp, but does it always give better loot? I've gone around tormenta killing enemies with a gun first using steel shot with one or two hits, then trying to kill using only lead shot and without using take aim, and I didn't notice any significant change in loot quality, but I probably wasn't at it long enough to actually discover any pattern.

I don't think it's how long it takes to kill an enemy, but rather how many attacks/hits/shots you get on the enemy that will effect the reputation you earn.
I don't think the time or amount of attacks effects the loot, though.

The rep also depends on the skills/ammo you use. For example, using poke over and over won't get you as much rep as a variety of skills. Also, the higher ammo types usually give more rep than lead shot if you take the same amount of shots. Redhorn is also right about the loot, they don't really affect it.

The amount of time does not matter, you could get several quick hits, say 5, and then on a different enemy of the same level, get 5 drawn out, slow hits. Same amount of reputation earned.
As for it affecting loot drops, the loot system is completely random meaning it does not matter how many hits or how long or what level the enemy is, you will get the same loot.

when i said "amount of time", what I meant was the number of hits you use to take down the enemy, but thanks for the advice and the feedback :)

Back