Tales of POTCO

Rucksack2016

Buccaneer
So this is just a thread to share things about any adventures, funny things, or just about anything that happened to you that you might remember when you were playing POTCO back in the day.

I can start with this, a late night I was on Tormenta with some buddies helping one of them level up. Everything was going great when suddenly a few of us had a strange graphical glitch and before we knew what had happened we were all back in the Port Royal jail. To this day we will never even know what befell us that night. Joke was we had a bit too much rum from the ship looting.

At one point in the game (early on, I think), you could see the enemies on ships. My friends and I used to dis-mast ships and then pick off the crew with cannons. They counted toward Navy soldier/EITC merc (and other) quests, too! Fantastic way to level notoriety, as you could kill enemies much higher-level than yourself.

Also, my favorite place to go in the game was a cave entrance on the back of Kingshead. It looked kinda like most of the other cave entrances in the game, but it didn't lead into any other areas. You had to run through a "wall" glitch and run along the edge of the island to get there. The inside of the cave was decorated with petroglyph-like markings (handprints, spirals, etc.). The Disney developers always denied that it even existed.

Back