Suggestion Targeting Enemies while Sailing!

Piratesumo

Swashbuckler
So I am sure we have all had those times where we shoot one of our broadsides and the internal aiming system does not register who we are shooting at and goes in all directions. What if we could click on that ship and it automatically knows which ship we would like to shoot. It does not have to be a complete aim bot but there has to be some way it could improve the aim so we do not consistently get pointless shots out.

I keep seeing treads like this but see nothing wrong with the aiming in general, yes, there is a bug or 2 but generally aiming works well.

I keep seeing treads like this but see nothing wrong with the aiming in general, yes, there is a bug or 2 but generally aiming works well.
It works, but I have plenty of times when it does not. For example if there is alot of ships, it may get confused or if you shoot from a weird angle. If there was a way we could say what ship we intended to shoot, it could resolve that. Atleast thats how I think about, from a programming side and user side makes sense to me.

It works, but I have plenty of times when it does not. For example if there is alot of ships, it may get confused or if you shoot from a weird angle. If there was a way we could say what ship we intended to shoot, it could resolve that. Atleast thats how I think about, from a programming side and user side makes sense to me.
That is where the skill of sailing comes in. I can usually line up the exact ship I want without difficulty; I admit I miss sometimes. Of course that is provided that it doesn't bug with a backfire shot or more rarely the wrong direction shot bug. I really think the basic aim in sailing is fine and it's just a couple minor bugs that are at issue with broadsides. Of course there's lots of other sailing bugs like loot and SvS stuff etc...

I like the challenge of having to aim at enemy ships so maybe have an on/off option.

Last edited:
Ok so instead of having an auto aim like the game has now, what if it was more like Assassins Creed Black Flag? Where it shows you where your broadsides will land, so you adjust and time the shots. That would take more skill and might be more consistent than relying on auto aim no?

Cause as of right now I can only really use my right broadsides, my left broadsides only work 20% of the time.

Cause as of right now I can only really use my right broadsides, my left broadsides only work 20% of the time.
I don't get a difference between port and starboard broadsides and while I haven't monitored the percentage of malfunctions I think it's less than 10% malfunctions. I feel like most of the malfunctions are when hunters are very close on my tail and that there is likely a relationship between them.

Back