Team PvP Bug

Should this mistake be fixed?

• Total voters

Spade

Buccaneer
The way team pvp is supposed to work is that two teams set up separate crews of 2 or more individuals in each crew, then send via the crew battle icon on an opposing crew member’s card. Normally this would teleport both teams into the pvp, with each team being set up to match the crews before the game. However, ever since the April 17th update, teams have been getting randomly mixed up with players from separate crews ending up on the same team. This unfortunately makes team pvp impossible to balance properly based on skill levels of all the players involved, and completely negates prominent guild wars that generated some of the highest views on any tlopo related videos in YouTube history. Disputes between friend groups that hold animosity between each other can no longer be solved in the confines of Pillager’s Pass with this issue, since allies and foes will be mixed up randomly and cause extreme unnecessary confusion. Simply put, team pvp is completely dead and unable to function properly while this bug exists.

Here’s a video showcasing the bug in action:

I unfortunately didn’t get to record sending the pvp before the game, however if you look at 4 seconds into the video you can see the crew I was in. Then at 23 seconds you can see the butchered teams on display, Chris from the opposing crew on my team while Muerta from my crew is falsely placed on the enemy team.
If this isn’t enough proof or you’d like to see this in action for yourselves, just set up any 2v2 or 3v3 or more crew and try sending normally through the player card feature. At least 90% of the time it’ll end up the exact way you didn’t intend to have the teams set up, which is not how it should function at all. A guess that’s causing it could be lvl / hp of players in the crews, with the game automatically attempting to balance the teams based on equal lvls and hp. However I absolutely assure you that player’s minds are far more advanced than this, and can set up crews based on pvp performance skill level far more fairly and with an overall consensus that people enjoy. I recall seeing several people team pvp daily for hours before this bug happened, and now I don’t see anyone doing it after the first few confused attempts and disappointed realization that it doesn’t work the way they intended it to.

Last edited:
A quick fix for this team pvp bug would be appreciated. Players aren't able to do guild events because of this bug. It's also one of the reasons why a few people still play and there's not much for them without it. We're aware not many players enjoy pvp as much as the pvp community but we'll really appreciate it if it gets fixed since it's a huge part of the game for us who pvp.

I feel pvp and svs should had been on the top of the list of fixing being these are two HUGE aspects of the game. What else is there to do? Could loot for weapons but how are they to use them if pvp doesn't function proper or We could go sail and loot fancy cannon rams, that still arent in the game yet. i mean we couldn't even add those to sailing loot? Pvpers and svsers are some of the most amazing people I have ever met and i really wished things were fixed for them. If I could do it myself, it would have been done. Please fix the game for these amazing people, I hate seeing people sad and disappointed. look how dedicated these people are, they are just as dedicated and fans as you are.

I feel pvp and svs should had been on the top of the list of fixing being these are two HUGE aspects of the game. What else is there to do? Could loot for weapons but how are they to use them if pvp doesn't function proper or We could go sail and loot fancy cannon rams, that still arent in the game yet. i mean we couldn't even add those to sailing loot? Pvpers and svsers are some of the most amazing people I have ever met and i really wished things were fixed for them. If I could do it myself, it would have been done. Please fix the game for these amazing people, I hate seeing people sad and disappointed. look how dedicated these people are, they are just as dedicated and fans as you are.
who needs cannon rams and fancy swords when you can just repair!? #repairgodforlife

A quick fix for this team pvp bug would be appreciated. Players aren't able to do guild events because of this bug. It's also one of the reasons why a few people still play and there's not much for them without it. We're aware not many players enjoy pvp as much as the pvp community but we'll really appreciate it if it gets fixed since it's a huge part of the game for us who pvp.

@John Foulroberts @Bad @ArabellaDrummond @Captain Star @Davy Darkrage @Johnny Mak @Stephen Teague

It's been 5 full months and this bug which shouldn't even exist in the first place still hasn't been resolved. There's been 0 attempt at commenting on it which makes it seem like tlopo is just admitting to submission that their capabilities are far too minimal to solve one of the many disasters they caused themselves, and instead are focusing their efforts on a new game mode which will only cause more unintended to bugs rather than solving the ones that matter in the first place. If someone from staff has an update rather than leaving players in the dark making it seem like you're all lost and in the process of self sulking and grief at being able to manage a game properly, now is the time to speak and make your thoughts known.

I do believe that is the point of the Lobbies that they are adding to the game.

It's been 5 full months and this bug which shouldn't even exist in the first place still hasn't been resolved. There's been 0 attempt at commenting on it which makes it seem like tlopo is just admitting to submission that their capabilities are far too minimal to solve one of the many disasters they caused themselves, and instead are focusing their efforts on a new game mode which will only cause more unintended to bugs rather than solving the ones that matter in the first place. If someone from staff has an update rather than leaving players in the dark making it seem like you're all lost and in the process of self sulking and grief at being able to manage a game properly, now is the time to speak and make your thoughts known.

Ahoy Spade, it seems you've been out of the loop lately, as we have commented on matchmaking. The old matchmaking system is being retired in favor of a new and improved lobbies system, so we will likely not be changing any features with current matchmaking. You can read more about lobbies below.

Ahoy Spade, it seems you've been out of the loop lately, as we have commented on matchmaking. The old matchmaking system is being retired in favor of a new and improved lobbies system, so we will likely not be changing any features with current matchmaking. You can read more about lobbies below.

This is an admittedly good solution that I look forward to experiencing hopefully before I'm in my thirties.

Hey there Spade,

As always, your harsh comments and passion for this game are much appreciated. Speaking for the “disaster” that is TLOPO, I hope to alleviate your extreme concerns below.

At the moment, I can’t search for comments on Team PvP made in the past but I’m pretty sure I’ve been open to the fact that it doesn’t function well and the team is aware of it. In fact, I believe I mentioned this to you on Tortuga.

As Truecrash mentioned, we’ve been working on PvP-focused updates with such things as the Lobbies and other general fixes to PvP coming soon after (something I also mentioned to you).

@Desire Ivy,
We actually have fixed SvS for the most part, I hope to see you log in and sailing the privateer waters soon!

Thank you for the concern! :)

Hey there Spade,

As always, your harsh comments and passion for this game are much appreciated. Speaking for the “disaster” that is TLOPO, I hope to alleviate your extreme concerns below.

At the moment, I can’t search for comments on Team PvP made in the past but I’m pretty sure I’ve been open to the fact that it doesn’t function well and the team is aware of it. In fact, I believe I mentioned this to you on Tortuga.

As Truecrash mentioned, we’ve been working on PvP-focused updates with such things as the Lobbies and other general fixes to PvP coming soon after (something I also mentioned to you).

@Desire Ivy,
We actually have fixed SvS for the most part, I hope to see you log in and sailing the privateer waters soon!

Thank you for the concern! :)

There have been a plethora of fruitful discussions dating back two years on the disfigured and rotting fetus-like state that pvp has and still currently is in. I am quite pleased that after two years the DPS has been added on sidewinder and adder at long last, which means only five or so gargantuan sized issues remain in dire need of revamping. Hopefully the next two years will solve at least more than one of those rather than going backwards in progress and breaking perfectly functioning aspects, as promised of course. An entirely different thread or private discussion on what those all consist of would most likely be fitting, since this thread is only meant for discussion on the status of team pvp and its ongoing incorrect functionality resulting in fairly setup teams impossible to create.

Though since its already been addressed that we're going to continue ignoring these issues in place and instead favor a completely new system from scratch, I suppose the only thing now is to continue waiting an excess amount of time and graciously assume no further bugs will formulate and take an unaccommodating amount of years to fix themselves since not everyone has that long to continue waiting for.

Last edited:
Oh Spade, hop off your online Thesaurus and please make your sentences make sense. Also, learn where to place commas.
-your old friend,

-Father

PS: use this https://randomwordgenerator.com/adjective.php

I'm going to need you to pass over a few pounds of unsanitary illegal substances along with a playlist of underground ear throbbing rap music. Perhaps after blasting for 12 hours straight I'll have the enhanced brain prowess to reconstruct perfectly comprehensible sentences into something more refined.

Back