Release Notes Test - Release Notes 12/7/11

Release Notes - December 7, 2011
  • Fixed client crash when using "Take It All" to take loot from ships.
  • Black Pearl Quest now begins properly when first boarding.
  • Fixed client crash when skipping over the Black Pearl treasure map at the beginning of the Quest.
  • Fixed issue with the new materials appearing incorrectly on the loot screen and in Pirates' inventory.
Known Issues - December 7, 2011
  • Jolly Roger's face appears upside down in the moon during Invasions.
  • Pirates reappear in the same location where they sank while Privateering.
  • Areas appear too dark during the Cannon Defense Mini-Game, making it difficult to see some ships.
  • Current Ocean (server) not displaying properly in Pirates' Maps.
  • Gold Plunder message appears right after entering the Caribbean.
  • Client crash occurs when new Pirates attempt to skip through the Jolly Roger and Bo Beck scene while downloading is still in progress.

Making progress, but still a lot of stuff left to fix :mad:. If they do a couple more bug fixes, hopefully it will hit live by Christmas, but who knows with POTCO? They could at least start letting us plunder materials on live so we're ready when the rest of the update comes.

I'm actually surprised that it took them this long (2 weeks) after the last update (November 23rd) to Test to release a patch to fix the bugs. I really hope this comes by Christmas, it's a shame that there are so many bugs and it's taking so long for them to be fixed. But it's good to see them fixing them and not rushing this to live. :fight:

Reactions: Bad
More known issues than fixes... Lol I expected more since it has been 2 weeks since the last update but always good to see more improvement.

To everyone that's very impatient, PATIENT! 100% sure that it will be added so don't rush things so this can finally be a quality update instead of some game crasher...

I think some of the bugs they are fixing are bugs that have been around since before they released the SC to test. At least they show they are doing 'something'. :)

Not to mention emote text is back, that is not in the release notes. We just need a better interface with the developers on finding, fixing bugs etc.

Not to mention emote text is back, that is not in the release notes. We just need a better interface with the developers on finding, fixing bugs etc.
Yay!!! Question, did you happen to notice if they added any new sail emblems? (I am being lazy atm ;))

Yay!!! Question, did you happen to notice if they added any new sail emblems? (I am being lazy atm ;))
Sadly they didn't add back the "missing" "new" sail emblems :( :mad: I've sent in multiple in-game feedback about this, though. Hoping they can hurry up and fix the bugs so it comes on the week of Christmas. I agree though with Rannulf, we need a better way to talk with the Developers about bugs and glitches on test. Especially since we can't go on Live Chat and say such and such isn't working right or is bugged etc.

Sadly they didn't add back the "missing" "new" sail emblems :( :mad: I've sent in multiple in-game feedback about this, though. Hoping they can hurry up and fix the bugs so it comes on the week of Christmas. I agree though with Rannulf, we need a better way to talk with the Developers about bugs and glitches on test. Especially since we can't go on Live Chat and say such and such isn't working right or is bugged etc.
All the emblems were there the last time I was on, which was before the newest update. Prior to this update, they had said that they had given us new emblems, which were NOT there...

All the emblems were there the last time I was on, which was before the newest update. Prior to this update, they had said that they had given us new emblems, which were NOT there...
Yeah the "new" emblems are not there, that's what I meant.
I think that might have been a typo. They added a new upgrade "Storm Chaser" but didn't mention it in the Release Notes, like they did with "Copperhead".

I don't see how writing this would be a typo... :confused:
Pretty cut and dry to me ;)
Well they did say:
All Light Hull class ships now made available to Basic Access Pirates - including the Light Galleon and the new Light Brig!

If they can confuse 2 of the 4 ships they have. I'm sure they can mistake a ship upgrade for an emblem.
(Light Galleon was always available, it was supposed to say Light Frigate)

If they can confuse 2 of the 4 ships they have. I'm sure they can mistake a ship upgrade for an emblem.
(Light Galleon was always available, it was supposed to say Light Frigate)
But there are four ships total right? I am pretty sure there will be new emblems, they just got lost in the shuffle... ;)

Back