Test Server Update Is here!

Your flag already has the crossbones and hat, Bobby ... hmm ... what does it mean?
Alright! Let me try to break this down! The more ships you sink, the more items that get on your skull dude. Each item is like a rank, 1,2,3,4. At level 2 & 3 you attract Hunters. At level 4 you attrack War Ships, such as the above pictured Tally-Ho. these ships are VERY VERY fast!!! You can only port at the listed open port, in my picture; Cuba. After you port there I think you are safe to sail to any island.

This is what it says when you first hit a ship:
screenshot_2011-06-20_21-09-15.jpg
(OFF-TOPIC) I found a Juggernaut!!! I though they got rid of those :hypno:
screenshot_2011-06-20_21-10-48.jpg

I wish they would of told us... I would have a video up by now. Have to do it one day late. No! My record is broken!! XD I usually get stuff up on the first day.

I was on test earlier. I don't have any War class ships on test and I never got a Bounty Hunter ship after me. I got the message that there was an incoming ship, but it was the regular NPCs schooling towards me. Do the Bounty Hunters only go after War ships?

I cannoned on a War Frigate with full cargo and it was pandemonium! We were set on by three different Hunters at times. One was a lvl 51 War Sloop. The one that was the worst was a War Galleon that had to have had at least 16-18 knots regular sailing. That sucker chased us down in a heartbeat.

I was on test earlier. I don't have any War class ships on test and I never got a Bounty Hunter ship after me. I got the message that there was an incoming ship, but it was the regular NPCs schooling towards me. Do the Bounty Hunters only go after War ships?

I cannoned on a War Frigate with full cargo and it was pandemonium! We were set on by three different Hunters at times. One was a lvl 51 War Sloop. The one that was the worst was a War Galleon that had to have had at least 16-18 knots regular sailing. That sucker chased us down in a heartbeat.
It depends on how many ships you sink and how much cargo you have. Also I sunk 3/4 Lvl 60/61 SOTL... These bounty hunter ships are FAST

It seems like if you dodge their initial ramming speed attack, they slow down a little and you can maneuver around them and drop the sails. Once they're down it's shooting fish in a barrel. Although it's all a little tougher when you've got several after you...

Like different things... It varies.. Like "Arr Send them to the depths!" or "There be hunters approaching behind us"

There is also an added catch to the hunters.. When you get up fast enough the hunters close their ports.. All but one. You can only dock on 1 port.. Usually on the other side of the map..
ahh... so i see that a rumrunner's sea chart will finally come in handy out of SvS lol

SOTL hunter?! - gulp -. So why is a Light Galleon have a flag above his head? (sorry, test is SLOW loading).

All ships start with a flag. It matters on how much Loot you have stolen on the difficutly of the hunters and the amount of hunter. While I was on My guildmaster's SOTL (Outlaw) We had a SOTL and 2 War Frigates on us at one time. We also had about 14 royal chests and full loot of 24. On my light sloop however i was able to get a War Frigate hunter on me after collecting 6 royal chests.

All ships start with a flag. It matters on how much Loot you have stolen on the difficutly of the hunters and the amount of hunter. While I was on My guildmaster's SOTL (Outlaw) We had a SOTL and 2 War Frigates on us at one time. We also had about 14 royal chests and full loot of 24. On my light sloop however i was able to get a War Frigate hunter on me after collecting 6 royal chests.

Ok that makes alot of sense.

Thanks Bobby! I thought if I had a full cargo they would attack - I guess it depends on the quality of your plunder.

Back