• yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • no

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hate to break it to u but in 2 years there may be no game to have a test pirate on right now this game is in a bad position that i have seen with other games before they start to remove servers (already removing) because of the low player base and if they keep things going the way it is the game will either go f2p which means less updates and more adds or they will just shut the game down there are other cases where the game has enough players to stay active but the game is still pretty going to be pretty empty

I beg to differ. The game is epic. Just look at everything you have! SVS, PVP, infamy, RC, a decent amount of quest that offer good rewards, 2 story quests, and go on. The POTCO staff probably use this as a way for extra money, but this isn't their livestock. Imagine making this whole game when you only work on it 2 hours a day. (Estimate)

The site is closed for maintenance
This is the Pirates Online Test Server. If you are here by mistake, go to PiratesOnline.com
This is finally up on the test server site in browser... It will be open soon!! :)
How did you get to the test site? Mine just keeps saying Forbidden you can't access the site e.t.c. Also I can open the launcher/program version of Pirates Online Test but it doesn't show the log in screen like some of you guys can see. (I'm using a Macbook Pro)

I beg to differ. The game is epic. Just look at everything you have! SVS, PVP, infamy, RC, a decent amount of quest that offer good rewards, 2 story quests, and go on. The POTCO staff probably use this as a way for extra money, but this isn't their livestock. Imagine making this whole game when you only work on it 2 hours a day. (Estimate)

i agree with the part that they only work on it every now and then but look at all the new mmos that are coming out sure it will prob take over 2 years but if this game didnt have the pirates of the caribbean title to it how many of us would play it? im just saying that the game has a declining player base that is why the removal of the servers happened
I would be careful to believe that's true, I've heard many people claim to have a friend of a friend of a distant relative of someone who sweeps Main Street on Disneyland who overheard they might possibly be thinking about considering putting the Kraken in tomorrow as well.
i have a in game friend whos dad works for the game but he doesnt come on alot and i would think that most of those people are lying about it i personaly would like it to remain a mystery but when i did catch him on he said they are going to try to add trading over the summer but idk

How did you get to the test site? Mine just keeps saying Forbidden you can't access the site e.t.c. Also I can open the launcher/program version of Pirates Online Test but it doesn't show the log in screen like some of you guys can see. (I'm using a Macbook Pro)
I use the browser to log in to the test server. Lately it has had Jolly on it saying he has cursed the site. Today when I tried to get on the test server, I got the main screen with the red bar going across the top.

Still nothing, gosh I hope they do open it before tonight. I was hoping for an On Stranger Tides new content update to test, but i don't know if we will have enough time to test it now. :/ Come on Disney! *dances magical please open up test dance with new content* :)

Still nothing, gosh I hope they do open it before tonight. I was hoping for an On Stranger Tides new content update to test, but i don't know if we will have enough time to test it now. :/ Come on Disney! *dances magical please open up test dance with new content* :)
We have three weeks until the movie comes out... I think that is more than enough time to test, isn't it?

Three weeks would be plenty of time. My test character is still too weak to test anything good. Unfortunately I have not been able to work on leveling him lately...

ok here's a theory as to why test is down....most plyers that have test access use the launcher... as we all know now Disney is switching to a web browser vs launcher (discontiniued) so they could be setting up a browser site for test on the official site...as for those of you who use the browser to go into test my question is how the only way i have been able to log into Test was threw a launcher... and yes i have heard many rumors most i take with a grain of salt these days.... my advice is look into the riddle that they gave us when they dropped the Triton sword... and this is a HUGE reminder..... the Black Pearl is no longer in possession of Barbossa or Jack on this installment... Black Beard has the Pearl..and yes i do agree if test is down and for this long they are doing something MAJOR MAJOR... as in story line changes and add ons new ships possible lvl cap raise and maybe just MAYBE a new island in order to try and find the Fountain of Youth... so do not panic i am sure within a couple of weeks they will be calling all testers to check out the new and improved PotC..

Reactions: Bad
Remember, If I had said this before ( like Davy) Not to get your hopes up if nothing " Huge" comes to test when it reopens. Which is what a lot of players do, they get overly excited when they think they know something big is coming out, and in the end it's something small. Then they get ticked off, blame Disney, then leave.

It actually looks like the test server had to be rebuilt, leading me to believe it crashed after some hardware failure.
I expect it to come back with some form of rollback, with no new updates or changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back