Thanks Piratesforums

Fortune

Wanted Pirate
Getting a bit nostalgic as we approach the anniversary of the day Disney announced the closing of potco. At the time I was shocked and eventually came to terms with the loss.

One thing is making the loss of potco easier to deal with. This place, Piratesforums could have closed but it didn’t. The leadership of the forum kept this place open and members have kept it active. We can still read about the fun, accomplishments and frustrations that were all part of the potco experience. Thanks for helping preserve those memories.

I tip my hat to Piratesforums.

:thanks:

Getting a bit nostalgic as we approach the anniversary of the day Disney announced the closing of potco. At the time I was shocked and eventually came to terms with the loss.

One thing is making the loss of potco easier to deal with. This place, Piratesforums could have closed but it didn’t. The leadership of the forum kept this place open and members have kept it active. We can still read about the fun, accomplishments and frustrations that were all part of the potco experience. Thanks for helping preserve those memories.

Indeed, @Davy Darkrage runs the place flawlessly.

We pirates don't tend to let things go so easily. We resort to cheating, force, cleaver paths, methods and of course trickery. However, we never change our goals until they are achieved. We achieve it or die trying. That's the pirate way. Savvy? :cool:

@Fortune and everyone.

I have heard it said once that it doesn't really matter what we have each accomplished during our lifetime here on this planet (i.e., those things you have achieved, the person you had became, nor the career/profession we have sought after). Rather instead, it is those "relationships" that each of us have fostered that truly define our LEGACY and contribution to life.
Avast! This forums provides such a place for said relationships to be anchored. Try understanding that - Disney (sticks tongue out). :p

@Fortune and everyone.

I have heard it said once that it doesn't really matter what we have each accomplished during our lifetime here on this planet (i.e., those things you have achieved, the person you had became, nor the career/profession we have sought after). Rather instead, it is those "relationships" that each of us have fostered that truly define our LEGACY and contribution to life.
Avast! This forums provides such a place for said relationships to be anchored. Try understanding that - Disney (sticks tongue out). :p

Could not have said it better myself.

Of course, I can't take all the credit, but I do want to say thank you. People's enthusiasm and enjoyment of the forums is what keeps me going.

The forums will almost certainly be online for years to come. In the absolute worst case scenario (if we can't inspire people to continue to use them) a read-only version of the forums will be kept online for historical purposes indefinitely.

Of course, I can't take all the credit, but I do want to say thank you. People's enthusiasm and enjoyment of the forums is what keeps me going.

The forums will almost certainly be online for years to come. In the absolute worst case scenario (if we can't inspire people to continue to use them) a read-only version of the forums will be kept online for historical purposes indefinitely.

I know Davy, you just run the place perfectly, the community is what makes it perfect! :) - Also, I don't think the "Worst case" will happen till 10 years down the line. Then MAYBE we might have to however, I don't see that day coming anytime soon <3

((((((((( FORUMS ))))))))))

Back