The Admiral Cutlass Jokes END TONIGHT!

congratulations! i got vice admirals today

Attachments

• va.png
    va.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
Gosh darn it why did this have to be an accomplishment thread and not A "please stop joking about this weapon it's actually rly good guise" thread I already had five different perfect replies for this thread just by looking at the title ;_;

Either way congrats on the accomplishment I could never get my famed items without bribing superior looters to do it for me taking the time of day to work for them.

Last edited:
Gosh darn it why did this have to be an accomplishment thread and not A "please stop joking about this weapon it's actually rly good guise" thread I already had five different perfect reies for this thread just by looking at the title ;_;

Either way congrats on the accomplishment I could never get my famed items without bribing superior looters to do it for me taking the time of day to work for them.
Smh...

I watched you put up the good fight since the day I first joined Dark Archive in POTCO. While I usually saw sailing and fishing for loot as a waste of time compared to the much more promising land looting, you never gave up until it was time for everyone to.
Then, as both those options became more potent for more famed items, I knew the blade would start dropping and I was right. It was then, of course, that the drop rate became so irritatingly high that even I was being tilted by the amount of them in the loot thread. I could only imagine your feelings, being hammered by mocking PM's and whispers in-game, including some faking the weapon just to get at you. But now, here we are. You put all the work you could in to find the weapon you knew had your name on and, thanks to your determination and the looting system changes, it's yours forever. Congratulations, Charles.

I watched you put up the good fight since the day I first joined Dark Archive in POTCO. While I usually saw sailing and fishing for loot as a waste of time compared to the much more promising land looting, you never gave up until it was time for everyone to.
Then, as both those options became more potent for more famed items, I knew the blade would start dropping and I was right. It was then, of course, that the drop rate became so irritatingly high that even I was being tilted by the amount of them in the loot thread. I could only imagine your feelings, being hammered by mocking PM's and whispers in-game, including some faking the weapon just to get at you. But now, here we are. You put all the work you could in to find the weapon you knew had your name on and, thanks to your determination and the looting system changes, it's yours forever. Congratulations, Charles.
I woke up in the middle of the night to read this comment.... and frankly it was worth the read.

You are right on all accounts, I had to deal with many people. Wither it was laughing at me, comparing it to more powerful weapons, poking fun that a 'great looter' can't get a single sword, or simply the fact that it's "Just a Cutlass". However, the one thing people never understood is WHY I wanted the Admiral's Cutlass. In my eyes since the day it came out, it represented the embodiment of helping others and the rewards it brings. Sailing is the most coordinated and co-dependent mode in the game, it requires leaning on each other to work for a common goal. Wither it be plundering, escaping, or for the navy, capturing a pirate. The rank Admiral is the HIGHEST RANKING front line commander. Representing the man who will take all the shots and responsibility for his fleet. Likewise, the Cutlass has the power of Captain's Resolve. The resolve to do what is best for the crew, in such whoever the wielder is leading. It may seem like a silly thing... but to me. It's not a cutlass... it's a goal. It's an ideology. It's a dream.

In my opinion if you want something powerful, use a grenade. If you want something to show off, get a legendary. However, when it all comes down to this community... the blade is only as strong as its wielder's heart, and I put my heart and soul into finding this blade...

...Finally, after many years that dream is in my hands, and I could not be happier. <3

I had to deal with many people. Wither it was laughing at me, comparing it to more powerful weapons, poking fun that a 'great looter' can't get a single sword, or simply the fact that it's "Just a Cutlass".
Oh, believe me, I had to put up with a lot of this in POTCO when I was on my search for the Grand Blunderbuss. Trust me, it's even worse when the weapon in question isn't even that exclusive of a famed and can be found from pretty much any farmable enemy. And then when I got it, there wasn't even that much time for any "in your face" kind of stuff since the game was 18 days to closing. While some jokingly said "Grats, now you only have 18 days to use it", I was still very happy that I found it before the end so I wouldn't have to carry the emptiness of never accomplishing a goal I put hours into. (And I already have it in TLOPO, so not this time, guys.)
I had never heard the ideology thing, and while it does have a slight sense of cheesiness to it (from the chairman of the Cheese Club, makes sense), I've never looked at your need for that weapon from that angle and think that's a pretty beautiful story. I guess my finding was a bit similar since, as a regular visitor to South Idol, I wanted the gun for the job as to bolster the looting process for whoever was with me as well as myself. Once again, great find and congratulations.

Congrats Charles! I gotta ask though, as a guy on a strong hunt for the Revenant Ram (yes I know rams don't work yet), did you get any good rams while fishing for it?

Back